Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I loved the ending. I mean granted, I'm probably one of the biggest Kingdom Hearts fans on the planet... But I like it a lot.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that what we're seeing isn't necessarily what we think it is. Much to think about, and I'll make a theory-post on it shortly.

I'll say this though. Considering how well Square made the Remake, and then changed it up in the last hour or so... They're ballsy. They know exactly how people would take a change like this, so the question is... Why? They're not fools over there (at least, that's what I believe). I've got some ideas, but oh man. Much to think about, much to discuss.

I think the why is the ability to take more creative liberties and make more games and more money, but the execution turned out pretty solid so people won't see it that way I don't think.

Its not quite Kingdom Hearts level bullshyt... but its definitely further off the rails than Xenosaga or a Metal Gear Solid which is saying a lot.

But without ruining your experience with OG and the other stuff, Sephiroth basically was okay with 'dying' but not losing completely. This is alternate universe that's been altered in more ways than one.

The overall implications are wild but it doesn't necessarily change any existing works because they're already done. What happened still happened, but characters have those flashback or memories as a sort of reference in some ways and Seph (as well as Aeris who's clearly not showing her complete hand.... she is out here handing out visions to Marlene and Red of all people) is using it as a playbook to push people in certain directions. I'd be upset if they didn't do a great job across the board with everything outside of the heavyhandedness of the plotghosts :manny:

I actually didn't even think about the fact that Aerith probably knows what's going on already, I was thinking only Cloud was seeing stuff since he gets the flashbacks, but that's a good point. So there's probably at least 4 characters that can be aware that there's a different timeline that already happened, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, Red (I don't think Marlene will end up knowing what's actually going on.)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I think the why is the ability to take more creative liberties and make more games and more money, but the execution turned out pretty solid so people won't see it that way I don't think.

I actually didn't even think about the fact that Aerith probably knows what's going on already, I was thinking only Cloud was seeing stuff since he gets the flashbacks, but that's a good point. So there's probably at least 4 characters that can be aware that there's a different timeline that already happened, Cloud, Sephiroth, Aerith, Red (I don't think Marlene will end up knowing what's actually going on.)
Aeris is clearly on some bullshyt. Remember the scene when she picks up Marlene at Seventh Heaven? That was something extra. She's handing out stuff and I'm thinking there's more to the graveyard as well.

Also when they confront Sephiroth at the end, she says "You're wrong." "Everything about you is wrong". I don't think she's saying that his views are wrong. She's saying dude doesn't belong in this timeline - and considering what's she already knows, she would be able to identify that. Since she's attuned to the planet, she'd know what belongs and what doesn't.

If I were to go full tinfoil hat, I'd say the old FF7 x FF10 ties that people were trying to speak into existence has way more traction :manny: Don't want to go there yet though.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:jbhmm: Please elaborate
The biggest difference between Aeris and Yuna as spirit mediums is that Aeris communicates with a closed circuit while Yuna, and the others in her profession, help an open one function.

If people could no longer enter the lifestream like usual, then people like Yuna would need to exist, right?

There's also the fukkery of the FFX-3 that Square played with forever and I just grew disinterested in... But they don't like to let shyt just die in FF land.

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Just finished it...

I figured when we met aerith the game was altered ..I mean she bolstered like "fukk this"

But damn..they outdone themselves...

The cross event..with Zack and cloud....

We are aBout to get alternate ending and events....either classic or fan ending...

Crazy cuz those phantom actually represented the fans. And Sephiroth represents square Enix ..

Can't wait for part 2 :noah:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
After god of war series.... Can gigantic fights really feel epic?

If done correctly, which GoW did. I'd have no interested in a fight like that in this current battle system though, I'd want them to either tweak the mechanics for those fights or put a new battle system in place that could accommodate that

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i played up to the part in the OG where he talked about how they used to be boys and that seph's mom was the genova 7 experiment and he basically looked to sephiroth and all that...the farthest i got to in the OG is the caves

No. Without getting into super crazy spoilers. Sephiroth was injected with Jenova cells in utero. He came out the womb looking the way he does and grew with that strength. He is the ONLY person literally BORN with his power.

In the original there's like 4 sephiroths that appear, the real one doesn't show up until close to the end when the reunion happens. In this one there's expected to be one future sephiroth and then the other ones are the fake ones, I'm guessing the one that he saw in the shinra tower that stole Jenova's body is the fake one from the OG, but the one at the end is future sephiroth, because he wanted to entice Cloud to kill the whisper being, so he can change the flow of time uninterrupted

Where you get that from? In the OG, there is ONLY 1 Sephiroth and he is encased in Mako at the Northern Crater. Everytime you see Seph in the main game its literally Jenova taking his likeness. Because of Hojo's Reunion theory ALL Jenova cells long to return to Jenova proper. The largest collection of them is with Seph in the crater.

Again, without spoiling too much for non OG players. The numbered dudes are mearly trying to return as MUCH of Jenova back to the crater as possible.

We simply don't know if Zack's timeline will ever converge with the main game. It literally could be just saying "some where Zack made it." :manny:

G-Zeus

Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
No. Without getting into super crazy spoilers. Sephiroth was injected with Jenova cells in utero. He came out the womb looking the way he does and grew with that strength. He is the ONLY person literally BORN with his power.

Where you get that from? In the OG, there is ONLY 1 Sephiroth and he is encased in Mako at the Northern Crater. Everytime you see Seph in the main game its literally Jenova taking his likeness. Because of Hojo's Reunion theory ALL Jenova cells long to return to Jenova proper. The largest collection of them is with Seph in the crater.

Again, without spoiling too much for non OG players. The numbered dudes are mearly trying to return as MUCH of Jenova back to the crater as possible.

We simply don't know if Zack's timeline will ever converge with the main game. It literally could be just saying "some where Zack made it." :manny:
And cloud is actually a numbered guy who caught a break and became Zack's shadow.

Its why he is fukked in the head like that ..

But they are more than one Sephiroth....cuZ if he was encased....how did he kill the president in the OG? even leaving his sword.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
And cloud is actually a numbered guy who caught a break and became Zack's shadow.

Its why he is fukked in the head like that ..

But they are more than one Sephiroth....cuZ if he was encased....how did he kill the president in the OG? even leaving his sword.

Seph didn't kill shyt....Jenova did or at least Jenova's body did. And nope Cloud isn't a numbered dude either. Go play Crisis Core.

There isn't more than 1 Sephiroth. Just one guy controlling anything with Jenova's cells in it.

Last edited:

G-Zeus

Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Seph didn't kill shyt....Jenova did or at least Jenova's body did. And nope Cloud isn't a numbered dude either. Go play Crisis Core.

There isn't more than 1 Sephiroth. Just one guy controlling anything with Jenova's cells in it.
Crisis core??? That shyt was made after ff7 they were just milking ff7...

I am talking 1997 how it happened...

Cloud IS a numbered guy and was programmed to return to Sephiroth...even handed him the final materia...couldn't control himself until he got in the lifestream and tifa saved him.

Everything created after the game I don't add factor it in

And why would jenova use seph sword???? Because it was a seph clone...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Crisis core??? That shyt was made after ff7 they were just milking ff7...

I am talking 1997 how it happened...

Cloud IS a numbered guy and was programmed to return to Sephiroth...even handed him the final materia...couldn't control himself until he got in the lifestream and tifa saved him.

Everything created after the game I don't add factor it in

And why would jenova use seph sword???? Because it was a seph clone...

You should factor it in because its ALL canon. It all counts. You can't pick and choose what is the story and what isn't. :russ: