Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps
Just finished it putting 80 hrs in. Love the meta feeling of the ending but I also feel it's a little bit of a cop out so then they can change up the story however they want to.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Finally finished the game after 70 hrs...

Can someone explain to me WTF was that ending about? I was literally fighting destiny? Huh?

Basically the original PS1 game already happened, and you basically fought to have the freedom to change the fate of the original game.

The whisper ghosts existed to ensure that the events of the original game happen as planned, and now they aren't a factor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically the original PS1 game already happened, and you basically fought to have the freedom to change the fate of the original game.

The whisper ghosts existed to ensure that the events of the original game happen as planned, and now they aren't a factor.

None of it makes since, if somebody never played the original game they will have no idea what is going on

Why would the characters want to change the fate of the original game when they don't even know what that is, they have no reason to do so, its bad writing

Nobody did anything to alter the events of the original, they just happened different for no reason, and the whispers are a stupid plot device

They botched the story of the game, the original was already convoluted mess, and they had a chance to simplify it with a definitive version, but instead you got this crap with no real meaning

everything you said is fan theories, not confirmed in the actual game

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
None of it makes since, if somebody never played the original game they will have no idea what is going on

Why would the characters want to change the fate of the original game when they don't even know what that is, they have no reason to do so, its bad writing

Nobody did anything to alter the events of the original, they just happened different for no reason, and the whispers are a stupid plot device

They botched the story of the game, the original was already convoluted mess, and they had a chance to simplify it with a definitive version, but instead you got this crap with no real meaning

It's implied Aerith and Sephiroth in particular know whats happening. And maybe Red XIII.

I don't think it's a fan theory considering that Red XIII literally tells you that the whispers are making sure things happen as planned. Barrett dies in the game and then the whispers rewind it to keep him alive.

jmegamar

On the Come up Member
Daps

I agree it's not good writing but it is heavily implied that the whispers tried to keep everything the same. The only one I don't understand is the first time with Aerith in the city before you get on the train. Cloud meets her regardless of the whispers.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I agree it's not good writing but it is heavily implied that the whispers tried to keep everything the same. The only one I don't understand is the first time with Aerith in the city before you get on the train. Cloud meets her regardless of the whispers.

I think Aerith induces that vision. I think she did the same thing to Marlene when she met her. Same for Red XIII.

It feels like Aerith already knew Cloud when they met. This part tho is a fan theory, since that's not confirmed, the sequel thing I think has enough credibility in game. She definitely did something weird to Marlene tho in the bar, so I suspect that's what went down.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City

He has the vision of Sephiroth prior to this so he probably would've missed Aerith had the whispers not kept her there.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
This nikka Nomura needs an Intervention. STOP MAKING PLOTS OVERLY MESSY!! This is the shyt that ruined KH3 for a lot of people

Also, what was the point of Johnny? Was he in the original? Did Jessie really die, since Biggs is also alive, may she is too?

Zach doesnt die in this version of the game?

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Since I just finished this a couple days ago, obviously this game assumes that you've played all the FF7 related games and have seen the film. So is their a video I can watch that basically catches me up on everyone's past like why Cloud is like :unimpressed: 24/7 when apparently he had a different personality and he's not really a solider? I never played anything FF7 related outside of this game.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since I just finished this a couple days ago, obviously this game assumes that you've played all the FF7 related games and have seen the film. So is their a video I can watch that basically catches me up on everyone's past like why Cloud is like :unimpressed: 24/7 when apparently he had a different personality and he's not really a solider? I never played anything FF7 related outside of this game.

this is just Cloud, there was one for the entire FF7 universe on YouTube but it’s 2 1/2 hours long

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
This nikka Nomura needs an Intervention. STOP MAKING PLOTS OVERLY MESSY!! This is the shyt that ruined KH3 for a lot of people

Also, what was the point of Johnny? Was he in the original? Did Jessie really die, since Biggs is also alive, may she is too?

Zach doesnt die in this version of the game?

Yes, Johnny is in the original and all over at least disc one. From Sector 7 to Wall Market to Costa Del Sol to the Golden Saucer. In fact when you meet him in CDS he's in a bedroom with Tifa and she asks Cloud to leave them alone so they can "catch up".

I don't remember him appearing after the Saucer.

Jessie is the only character we "see" die. Biggs might be alive due to timeline fukkery though, so wouldn't be surprised if Jessie shows up in the Saucer (they mention repeatedly how she's pretending to be in a play there as a cover for her parents).

Zack is 100% timeline/dimension fukkery, confirmed by the different STAMP logo that the game focuses on.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
this is just Cloud, there was one for the entire FF7 universe on YouTube but it’s 2 1/2 hours long

I ended up watching this one right after I posted. It spoiled a ton for me but i don't think it'll matter since a lot of shyt has changed with the Remake