Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So I started playing FFX again, and I forgot that they start the damn game off with the same brand of timeline fukkery with the weird ass ghost kid :francis:

My tinfoil hat stays tilted

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Wow the first couple pages are a mess. nikkas confused and posting videos where some British sounding mothafukkas tries to explain the ending but then he ends up sounding confused as well. I might as well go to the last page of this thread to see if you nikkas got it figured out by now.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Alright after sifting through,the following posts from the first page makes sense:

Does it really count as a reboot? I call it a sequel because the events of the first game already happened. A reboot is a brand new way of telling a story. The plot from the first game is in this game. It’s a sequel.

FFVII-2

FF7R IS A SEQUEL

also, someone online figured out the timeline for this
it's crisis core > ff7 original > advent children > remake
they theorize that the sephiroth we see is from advent children
I can't believe ff7 needs kingdom hearts style explanation now :mjlol:
FF7 IS A SEQUEL TO ADVENT CHILDREN

Basically after Advent children sephiroth comes back to life to go back in time and stop the events of ff7 when cloud beat his ass. Or he's just another one that went back in time to beat Clouds ass
FF7R HAS 3 TIMELINES

1. FF7+ADVENT CHILDREN+LIFE GOES ON

2. FF7+ADVENT CHILDREN+SEPHIROTH DID SOME SNEAKY SHYT+FF7R+NEW ADVENTURE, NEW TIMELINE

3. CRISIS CORE+NEW TIMELINE SINCE ZACK SURVIVES, COMPLETLY DIFFERENT TIMELINE.

*shrugs*

They now have 3 timelines just like the Zelda Timeline. Wild.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I don’t mind that Zack is alive honestly. Dude has more personality in his pinky than Cloud displays throughout the ENTIRETY of the FF7 series (including Advent Children). Crisis Core was one of the most enjoyable RPG gaming experiences I had on the OG PSP.

Hopefully we’ll get to play as him some in part 2

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I don’t mind that Zack is alive honestly. Dude has more personality in his pinky than Cloud displays throughout the ENTIRETY of the FF7 series (including Advent Children). Crisis Core was one of the most enjoyable RPG gaming experiences I had on the OG PSP.

If we do, I hope it's a different combat system than this one. They'd probably feel identical if it's like this

Balla

Superstar
Daps

It’s funny, I actually like how Cloud acts and I think he’s that way to make balance to the characters.

It’s like you have:

Cloud who is always reserved and serious.

Barret who always loud and funny.

Tifa who looks tough on the outside, but is soft on the inside.

And Aerith who looks soft on the outside, but has a lot of confidence, maybe even more than Barret.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
It’s funny, I actually like how Cloud acts and I think he’s that way to make balance to the characters.

It’s like you have:

Cloud who is always reserved and serious.

Barret who always loud and funny.

Tifa who looks tough on the outside, but is soft on the inside.

And Aerith who looks soft on the outside, but has a lot of confidence, maybe even more than Barret.

Cloud is aight. I don’t hate him

But i always preferred my protagonists with some personality and gusto. Its just a personal preference. Zack has gusto and natural leadership qualities while I feel like leadership is more THRUST onto Cloud.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Cloud is aight. I don’t hate him

But i always preferred my protagonists with some personality and gusto. Its just a personal preference. Zack has gusto and natural leadership qualities while I feel like leadership is more THRUST onto Cloud.
I feel you, but they had to make Cloud’s character grow to have more personality and gusto.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Cloud is an introvert. I'm okay with his personality.
That's just how introverts be sometimes. He also has PTSD. A mothafukkin Soldier. What the f*** you b****** want from a n****?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
With Cloud it's important to note that he's literally developmentally challenged. He got stuck inside the Mako tank at 16 years old for almost 5 years.

When Tifa finds him he's psychologically a 16 year old who's last memories have merged with what he's seen/heard Zack do. Underneath this his last TRUE memories are of his childhood hero murdering his mother, burning down and slaughtering his hometown and stabbing him.

Nomura described him as a 16 year old grunt with PTSD pretending to be a 21 year old elite soldier. The perfect example is of how akwardly he comforts Tifa when she breaks down versus how calmly Barret does it.

He's not the most exciting protagonist but imo he's by far the most interesting.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
With Cloud it's important to note that he's literally developmentally challenged. He got stuck inside the Mako tank at 16 years old for almost 5 years.

When Tifa finds him he's psychologically a 16 year old who's last memories have merged with what he's seen/heard Zack do. Underneath this his last TRUE memories are of his childhood hero murdering his mother, burning down and slaughtering his hometown and stabbing him.

Nomura described him as a 16 year old grunt with PTSD pretending to be a 21 year old elite soldier. The perfect example is of how akwardly he comforts Tifa when she breaks down versus how calmly Barret does it.

He's not the most exciting protagonist but imo he's by far the most interesting.
Cloud went through a lot of shyt.

Have you ever heard that rumor that the nilbelhim thing was fake or something?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Cloud went through a lot of shyt.

Have you ever heard that rumor that the nilbelhim thing was fake or something?

You mean the incident? (Not the fake town Shinra sets up after the incident).

Never heard that it was fake. It has been told from 3 different perspectives (in 4 mediums) and there are different accounts but too many similarities for it to be fake.

1. OG: Cloud’s fukked up memory is what happened to Zack, his real memory is:

- go to Nibelheim
- Sephiroth finds out about the experimentations/Jenova
- goes insane and kills everyone
- one shots Zack, Cloud stabs Sephiroth, Sephiroth stabs Cloud who then yeets him into the lifestream

2. Crisis Core: everything the same except GENESIS is the one who first tells Sephiroth about the experimentations and the Zack/Sephiroth fight is much longer.

3. Before Crisis: Turks perspective. Only difference is that they claim Sephiroth jumped into the lifestream (my theory is they do this to write Cloud out of the story, perhaps even on Hojo's orders).

4. Last Order: in line with Crisis Core.

The only ambiguity seems to be how much of a fight Zack put up, and perhaps why Cloud was able to overpower Sephiroth and throw him into the lifestream.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
You mean the incident? (Not the fake town Shinra sets up after the incident).

Never heard that it was fake. It has been told from 3 different perspectives (in 4 mediums) and there are different accounts but too many similarities for it to be fake.

1. OG: Cloud’s fukked up memory is what happened to Zack, his real memory is:

- go to Nibelheim
- Sephiroth finds out about the experimentations/Jenova
- goes insane and kills everyone
- one shots Zack, Cloud stabs Sephiroth, Sephiroth stabs Cloud who then yeets him into the lifestream

2. Crisis Core: everything the same except GENESIS is the one who first tells Sephiroth about the experimentations and the Zack/Sephiroth fight is much longer.

3. Before Crisis: Turks perspective. Only difference is that they claim Sephiroth jumped into the lifestream (my theory is they do this to write Cloud out of the story, perhaps even on Hojo's orders).

4. Last Order: in line with Crisis Core.

The only ambiguity seems to be how much of a fight Zack put up, and perhaps why Cloud was able to overpower Sephiroth and throw him into the lifestream.
What do u mean by fake town? Was there something I missed from the OG game?