Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just finished reading through the thread and I’m still not convinced this is a sequel to advent children. Like I said above, I feel like the zack scenes are flash backs and the sephiroth elements are just their way of working in his abilities from advent children. Kind of like “what would ff7 look like if we knew from the jump the direction advent children was going” sort of thing.
I’m just not buying the theory of this being a game where sephiroth returns to undo the timeline of the OG. This is a remake through and through. A retelling of the original story using elements from the last bit of source material we had.

:patrice:

I don’t know breh, there’s way too much in the game to support what everybody else has been speculating

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Is the timeline confirmed because the way I see this game is it’s still a remake, not a sequel like some are guessing. I see it as they are remaking the game and including all the elements from the advent children movie. I don’t think this is an alternate time line or time travel situation game at all. All the zack stuff feels like flash backs filling in the story little by little. Are people just looking too deep into this game and coming up with theories or am I taking it at face value too much?
:yeshrug: i think its been confirmed in the "ultimania" that came out recently for this game

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Is the timeline confirmed because the way I see this game is it’s still a remake, not a sequel like some are guessing. I see it as they are remaking the game and including all the elements from the advent children movie. I don’t think this is an alternate time line or time travel situation game at all. All the zack stuff feels like flash backs filling in the story little by little. Are people just looking too deep into this game and coming up with theories or am I taking it at face value too much?

Did you beat the game or just read things?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm just not seeing this whole time travel theory.
Why can't it just be a remake taken from elements of the advent children movie?
I think people are over complicating this story.
The game had a bunch of flash backs, none of which have to be from some sort of parallel universe.
The whole "battle against destiny" at the end took things off the rails a bit for sure, but even still, I don't see that as evidence of time travel.
I just saw that part as some silly way of throwing curve balls at players while keeping the story intact...like when they "killed Barett" and then hit you with the "sike! that's not what destiny wanted!".

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I beat the game.
Nearly platinumed it on my first play through.
Just missed leveling up 2 weapons and I have to go back and unlock all of the dresses in wall market.

Alright cool, the reason I asked that is because throughout the game there's more than enough evidence to support this being a sequel if you were paying attention, if you just read/watched the ending you might not have caught it. The fact that the ghosts even exist and the explanation behind them is proof enough.

Now the method of how this happened is a debate in of itself, whether it's time travelling or whatever, but it's DEFINITELY a sequel, that isn't really up for debate.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Alright cool, the reason I asked that is because throughout the game there's more than enough evidence to support this being a sequel if you were paying attention, if you just read/watched the ending you might not have caught it. The fact that the ghosts even exist and the explanation behind them is proof enough.

Now the method of how this happened is a debate in of itself, whether it's time travelling or whatever, but it's DEFINITELY a sequel, that isn't really up for debate.
I'm not opposed to the idea entirely...I just don't see it that way.
I never got the sense of it being a sequel...just a straight up remake of the original with elements from advent children to add depth to the story.
If it turns out to be a sequel on some "Avengers End Game" stuff I would be fine. Again...that point either went completely over my head or people are just reading too much into things. I'm a broken record at this point. I think the flash backs were flash backs and the "spirits" were just an added story element. I don't see the whole "Sephiroth dies, comes back to life, then dies again in advent children, then comes back to life again and this time he goes into the past to undo all that was done....except...he's actually doing exactly what he did the first time with virtually no deviations...but trust me, he's done all this before and is going to change the future by doing the same exact things again". This guy is incredibly stronger than cloud and has a dozen opportunities to kill him and despite his time traveling abilities he's still going to wait around for cloud to get stronger and recruit the same team that killed him the first time?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm not opposed to the idea entirely...I just don't see it that way.
I never got the sense of it being a sequel...just a straight up remake of the original with elements from advent children to add depth to the story.
If it turns out to be a sequel on some "Avengers End Game" stuff I would be fine. Again...that point either went completely over my head or people are just reading too much into things. I'm a broken record at this point. I think the flash backs were flash backs and the "spirits" were just an added story element. I don't see the whole "Sephiroth dies, comes back to life, then dies again in advent children, then comes back to life again and this time he goes into the past to undo all that was done....except...he's actually doing exactly what he did the first time with virtually no deviations...but trust me, he's done all this before and is going to change the future by doing the same exact things again". This guy is incredibly stronger than cloud and has a dozen opportunities to kill him and despite his time traveling abilities he's still going to wait around for cloud to get stronger and recruit the same team that killed him the first time?
It's a sequel pal.

Most people don't remember the story but there were multiple sephiroth clones from the ff7 lore.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You still chilling in here without having even played the game breh?!
Yup

Its therapy. Keeping me from pulling the trigger

Although. They're saying they have no plans to remaster the game for ps5, so now it's even harder. Last of us 2 can't come soon enough

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yup

Its therapy. Keeping me from pulling the trigger

Although. They're saying they have no plans to remaster the game for ps5, so now it's even harder. Last of us 2 can't come soon enough

I wasn't gonna buy it, but my old lady bought it for me to play during quarantine... bruh gone ahead and get it they did enough to justify the purchase.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I wasn't gonna buy it, but my old lady bought it for me to play during quarantine... bruh gone ahead and get it they did enough to justify the purchase.
scared.gif

I want the complete product man. I can't do it.