Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

Balla

Superstar
Daps
So I’m playing chapter 12 again and can Marlene see the future too?

When she’s with Aerith, that future thing happens and Aerith tells her to keep it quiet.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Also, since the Sephiroth we fight are whispers, why did it kill Barret if they want to keep the future the same, then bring him back to life again?

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marlene can’t, but she could when aerith toucher her and showed her the future so she’d feel better

Also, since the Sephiroth we fight are whispers, why did it kill Barret if they want to keep the future the same, then bring him back to life again?
Sephiroth is nothing to do with the Whispers.

Sephiroth (Jenova Clone) killed him, The Whispers brough him back

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Marlene can’t, but she could when aerith toucher her and showed her the future so she’d feel better

Sephiroth is nothing to do with the Whispers.

Sephiroth (Jenova Clone) killed him, The Whispers brough him back
But you remember when you beat him and he becomes whispers in the cutscene?

It’s when Cloud does the final attack and when he hits Sep, he turns into whispers right after that.

Daps
Never played the original so I'm okay with this game introducing different possibilities.

Part was a solid 8. Lots of shyt to like with some bullshyt filler side quests and awkward pauses when talking to people. Seriously every time I press a button to talk to someone it takes 6 seconds for them to respond. Annoying af.

Still had fun. But I'm sure Nomura will fukk this up somehow

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Even if Zack is alive or not, how the fukk did he make it out anyway? What was different that this time he made it out?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Even if Zack is alive or not, how the fukk did he make it out anyway? What was different that this time he made it out?

It's a different timeline so lots of small shyt can be different, perhaps he had more training or the Shinra army got distracted by the whispers and he could kill them all.
But you remember when you beat him and he becomes whispers in the cutscene?

It’s when Cloud does the final attack and when he hits Sep, he turns into whispers right after that.

If I remember correctly he absorbs the remnants of the Harbinger after you defeat the Bahamuts. That's probably why you see some whispers.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
It's a different timeline so lots of small shyt can be different, perhaps he had more training or the Shinra army got distracted by the whispers and he could kill them all.

If I remember correctly he absorbs the remnants of the Harbinger after you defeat the Bahamuts. That's probably why you see some whispers.
There’s really no point of brining Zack back honestly, we have Cloud.

Maybe if they have some brand new final boss, then Zack comes out of nowhere to help the crew, then that’s cool.

Or you play in a timeline unrelated to the main story.

Other than that, they don’t need and shouldn’t bring Zack back at all.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
There’s really no point of brining Zack back honestly, we have Cloud.

Maybe if they have some brand new final boss, then Zack comes out of nowhere to help the crew, then that’s cool.

Or you play in a timeline unrelated to the main story.

Other than that, they don’t need and shouldn’t bring Zack back at all.

I don't disagree, I'm still conflicted. On the one hand they NAILED recreating the OG so I would've loved for them to just stick to this for the OG. On the other hand I still enjoy playing the OG so I don't mind getting something new.

I just hope it's not some Disney Star Wars shyt where they're throwing out ideas without having any idea where it's headed.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

nothing its terrible writing

nothing happened to change the original events they just did for no reason and the whispers showed up lmao, they either have to explain in the sequel, or just expect people not to care

the story is trash, if this was VII on the title people would be shytting on this game

I would've preferred a turn base Remake, with field maps and world map like Dragon Quest XI than this game, everything about the story was unnecessary the game isn't open world, so I don't know why it was only midgar

Balla

Superstar
Daps
nothing its terrible writing

nothing happened to change the original events they just did for no reason and the whispers showed up lmao, they either have to explain in the sequel, or just expect people not to care

the story is trash, if this was VII on the title people would be shytting on this game

I would've preferred a turn base Remake, with field maps and world map like Dragon Quest XI than this game, everything about the story was unnecessary the game isn't open world, so I don't know why it was only midgar
I agree with you about there being no explanation, but hopefully it gets explained in part 2.

I’m happy they got rid of turn-based, action-based is so much fun.

They only did midgar because they said it was the only way to make the game feel “complete”.

If they did the whole game who knows when it would be fully out, plus it would be along ass game.

They also said that ending the game anywhere else besides the end made no sense. Midgar was pretty much a story itself (which is true) and they still have to work on making a proper world map.

Why do you hate this game so much? Lol

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with you about there being no explanation, but hopefully it gets explained in part 2.

I’m happy they got rid of turn-based, action-based is so much fun.

They only did midgar because they said it was the only way to make the game feel “complete”.

If they did the whole game who knows when it would be fully out, plus it would be along ass game.

They also said that ending the game anywhere else besides the end made no sense. Midgar was pretty much a story itself (which is true) and they still have to work on making a proper world map.

Why do you hate this game so much? Lol

You can't even explore midgar, they purposely dragged out this game and could've easily done the whole game, in the interview the director said he only did midgar because that's the section of the original game he worked on and the only part of the game he remembered lmao

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Real talk though, I thought you were going to be able to explore all of Midgar, not just the same locations in the OG FF7

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Real talk though, I thought you were going to be able to explore all of Midgar, not just the same locations in the OG FF7

That's my only issue with the game, they could of explored ALL of Midgar if they are just gonna limit the game to just Midgar. I have no issues with expanding the story and shyt, I'm pretty sure there was a lot of shyt they wanted to do in the original FF7 but the original playstation didn't have the capabilities to pull off.