Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seen someone post this as speculation for part 2:

I feel like this is pretty much what they might do.
I would be more than happy if this is exactly how it went and love the idea of all of it except for two things..

1. Jessie being alive in The Gold Saucer

2. Cloud still riding a dolphin

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The ending isn’t as bad within the context now Iv played and completed the whole game, I’m not sure if it’s what that end scene means, but I do hate the idea that Zack will show up in the next part, I’m much happier believing he survived in an alternate timeline somewhere but that he is 100% dead in this current remake reality

Well, regardless if Aerith and Sephiroth are time travelers or not, nothing about the ending suggests that the rest of the gang have time travelled. So unless them "crossing the other side" was them going into another dimension/timeline, then their current progress is still in a post-Zack dead AF world. If they crossed into an alternate timeline, then yeah, he could be alive in THAT timeline.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's wrong with the Dolphin? Lol it only took like two seconds.
I was about to say it would look kinda dumb in modern times, then I remembered the grapple gun scene in this part where they all catch each other in mid air and that was just fine for a final fantasy game so :yeshrug: lol

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Care to refresh this dolphin part? I beat the OG at least 3 times back in the day, but not in 2 decades, so I have no memory of that part of the game.
because its dumb as hell lol
What's wrong with the Dolphin? Lol it only took like two seconds.
nothing is wrong with it... but with the way they stretched out shyt like the whole trainyard thing (and arguably slapped an entirely different tangent to it....), I'd really like them to just skip it

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I was about to say it would look kinda dumb in modern times, then I remembered the grapple gun scene in this part where they all catch each other in mid air and that was just fine for a final fantasy game so :yeshrug: lol
You know they can't wait to adapt the motorcycle mechanics to the dolphin scene :dead: Roche in the cut like :noah:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
because its dumb as hell lol

nothing is wrong with it... but with the way they stretched out shyt like the whole trainyard thing (and arguably slapped an entirely different tangent to it....), I'd really like them to just skip it

I'm saying what did it even involve doing? What was the purpose?

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Care to refresh this dolphin part? I beat the OG at least 3 times back in the day, but not in 2 decades, so I have no memory of that part of the game.

In order to get into JUNON you had to train a dolphin to lift you onto one of the Junon platforms or pillars or something.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Welcome to Nomura's wild ride, here's your ticket, seats over there and enjoy the convoluted ride that'll last 20 years.
I will say. At least they nailed the gameplay, even if the story gets wonky the game itself will still be fun to play unlike kh3