Final Fantasy 7 Remake Ending/Spoiler Discussion Thread

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL

This Maximilian dood going inception levels deep within the game.

i need to replay again and pay attention to dialogue more

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North

This Maximilian dood going inception levels deep within the game.

i need to replay again and pay attention to dialogue more

The developers also used Max's FF7 Remake reaction video for morale boosting, which is why he ended up getting to play the demo a few times before we ever did, including other stuff beyond what we got. He's a massive FF7 fan, and I've noticed that the folks that tend to be on the theory tip LOVE this kind of ending.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
The developers also used Max's FF7 Remake reaction video for morale boosting, which is why he ended up getting to play the demo a few times before we ever did, including other stuff beyond what we got. He's a massive FF7 fan, and I've noticed that the folks that tend to be on the theory tip LOVE this kind of ending.

Yeah I saw his video when he got emotional telling that story. Im still on the fence about the ending...I get the excitement but I also feel like this may end up like LOST the tv show.

Its always dope for fans to theorize about alternate universes/time travel etc... but to execute that bytch perfectly is tricky... either way im in for this ride :manny:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I have a more logical theory now about the ending. It's low key a disappointing theory but more likely theory.
I don't think they are going to make many drastic changes to the overall plot. i think they really just did this so they can adapt the old narrative to the new gameplay and current gen limitations/ abilities.
I two examples to explain my meaning.

1) in the original game you would have like 9 party members that technically were travelling with you at all times, but the game just had clouds avatar only on the screen, the rest of the characters were just implied to be there as well. and would only be visible during cutscenes or during battles.

You can't do that with today's graphics. All the characters have to be there the whole time. So now you gotta explain how 9 people are climbing up a mountain or snowboarding down a cliff, or sneaking into a parade march. You sneak into Junon by jumping off a dolphin in the original. You really think they are going to have you do that with every party member. Instead of doing that, the developers are just going to write reasons for the party to split up everytime something like that happens. Barrett, Tifa, and Red are going be over here dealing with this new thing, while cloud and yuffie and cid are over here doing that thing. etc or make up an alternate way on getting through those parts of the story.

2) Also due to the structure of the game, if they were following the original plot, you might have main characters like cid who don't show up until the third or fourth game, or you might have an entire game that is basically just a nibelhiem flashback sequence followed by a them sneaking on to boat in junon. That worked with the midgar section because self contained that portion had and reasonable beginning, middle and end with a climax and logical conclusion. But having an entire game of just cloud giving the party exposition via flashback would be stupid. So you gotta shuffle stuff around in order to have a full stand alone narrative in each game.

so this whole alternate timeline plot device they are using is just a way to allow them to adapt the same basic story with modern game play mechanics and graphics. basically everything that can be same, probably will for the most part be the same.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Everything up until the very end, was great...but holy fukk...talk about tone deaf. I'm all of a sudden wondering why I'm playing KH4 and why the fukk I'm having a boss fight with Sephiroth (which was a lit fight). Then we get into the whole time shenangians garbage, and I'm all but checked out. Sure, Donnie Darko, BTTF, and of course, Endgame, all did it beautifully. But those stories where written with time being the only plot. Why Nomura thought time plot would be great in FF7 is beyond me, further more, its just plain awful.

At this point its like Nomura is jerking off to old ideas, with new ones, all the while, thinking it all works because he put an easter egg, in one sentence a character says 60 hrs into the game. Its silly, it also doesn't seem to fit, for me. He loves side stories, and that's what this should've been called. FF7; Re;told. As it is currently, I'm just facepalming the time plot garbage, and glad I didn't pay for it.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Just finished the game earlier today. As a longtime fan i was 100% thrown off and didnt know what to think of it. After watching a bunch of theory videos, all i have is more questions

So if zack is alive in the alternate timeline we are in now, do cloud and aerith suddenly acknowledge that zack has always been alive since he made it to midgar with cloud or is there 2 clouds in this timeline we entered???? The one we saw make his way with zack and the one we used all game?

As long as we revisit all the towns, and get varaitions of all the other moments like midgar snake,dyne and coral prison, golden saucer, junon etc with the whisperers keeping most of the core story together, im cool with it

Nomura is clearly a Donnie Darko fan (a must watch if you haven't seen it). That doesn't mean that its any good. Take any of your favorite sci-fi films/media and apply the time plot garbage, and its gonna seem silly. Endgame was the only that made it make sense, but of course we saw that coming; they prepped us all with the stones, Dr. Strange, and Ant Man.....this is literally a new plot device, that wasn't asked for even enjoyable to experience. If you're gonna play the whole time angle, make it like Xenoverse, wherein you're the timelord and you fix what went wrong. Adding batshyt plot, to a game that is already established is just flatout dumb.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
This game had the best minigames

Future games only had cards and shyt

Red Dead had dice, and Fall out had Caravan.

You can find some nice mini games sprawled all over various titles. FF7, was the only one that had a theme park full of em. Idk Square decided to trash the idea, from breeding, to basketball toss, it was all addictive.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Is the timeline confirmed because the way I see this game is it’s still a remake, not a sequel like some are guessing. I see it as they are remaking the game and including all the elements from the advent children movie. I don’t think this is an alternate time line or time travel situation game at all. All the zack stuff feels like flash backs filling in the story little by little. Are people just looking too deep into this game and coming up with theories or am I taking it at face value too much?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Just finished reading through the thread and I’m still not convinced this is a sequel to advent children. Like I said above, I feel like the zack scenes are flash backs and the sephiroth elements are just their way of working in his abilities from advent children. Kind of like “what would ff7 look like if we knew from the jump the direction advent children was going” sort of thing.
I’m just not buying the theory of this being a game where sephiroth returns to undo the timeline of the OG. This is a remake through and through. A retelling of the original story using elements from the last bit of source material we had.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kind of surprised about all the speculation about Zacks death. Zack at the end of crisis core clearly dies. The fact that in this time's flash back he survived that battle and dragged a wounded Cloud to midgard makes it pretty clear he's still alive. What purpose he serves is going to be interesting though.