Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is god reincarnated THE TRUE GAME OF THE GENERATION

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I've been playing FF7 my whole life. It's the greatest Rpg along with Chrono Trigger. But I'm not gone sugar code this game just cuz its FF7. It's not bad I'm not saying that but when each chapter you have about 6 mini games you have to complete to proceed It's doing alot. Hey Cloud wanna go to the beach? Gotta get a bathing suit. Guess what you gotta do to get that?Go play soccer and a shooting gallery game. Hey Cloud you want to see your friends again? Gotta do a chocobo race. But before that gotta feed your chocobo first. Go destroy some box's and play this card game to get that feed. Then do the race. Fam I just wanna fight Sephroth in updated graphics.

Rell Shyt
Yeah these mini games were a nice additions. The entire game is a 10/10 game and I thoroughly enjoyed the mini games

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
What's so great about it? :jbhmm:
The Story the battle system the mini games. The Soundtrack. Graphics were beautiful breathtaking.
Especially considering that it was made on already one of the Best JRPG of all times on PS1 to see some of these renditions in this gen was just :wow:
From when the game released until last night it was the only game I played the grip it had on me :wow:

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nah, it's not even game of the year so far, and they did some odd story decisions to make it lose points. It's about an 8/10 game. That's not a bad game, but there are too many issues to overlook

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Nah, it's not even game of the year so far, and they did some odd story decisions to make it lose points. It's about an 8/10 game. That's not a bad game, but there are too many issues to overlook
Yeah you fukking wilding out :camby:
Its 10000000% game of the fukking year
We above that now IT IS A COMPLETE fukkING MASTERPIECE!

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
It's a fire game but not the best of the generation.

I'm not mad at a top 5 argument tho.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
The Story the battle system the mini games. The Soundtrack. Graphics were beautiful breathtaking.
Especially considering that it was made on already one of the Best JRPG of all times on PS1 to see some of these renditions in this gen was just :wow:
From when the game released until last night it was the only game I played the grip it had on me :wow:
Would love to play but it never sat with me right that they took a 3 disc game and created a trilogy out of it.

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
I've been playing FF7 my whole life. It's the greatest Rpg along with Chrono Trigger. But I'm not gone sugar code this game just cuz its FF7. It's not bad I'm not saying that but when each chapter you have about 6 mini games you have to complete to proceed It's doing alot. Hey Cloud wanna go to the beach? Gotta get a bathing suit. Guess what you gotta do to get that?Go play soccer and a shooting gallery game. Hey Cloud you want to see your friends again? Gotta do a chocobo race. But before that gotta feed your chocobo first. Go destroy some box's and play this card game to get that feed. Then do the race. Fam I just wanna fight Sephroth in updated graphics.

Rell Shyt

I feel like people who are complaining about the minigames are really just mad because they're struggling to complete them. Sure, I suppose it is jarring for gameplay to stop and a tutorial pops up for a new minigame when you're several dozen hours in, but it's usually just content to break up the pacing so combat doesn't get monotonous. Usually there's no real challenge to them, so even if you aren't perfect you'll still easily pass it and gain the best item. And even if you are completely retarded, you can get just the 1 star item and move on with the game.

If they cut out all the superfluous stuff, and have combat as the only part of gameplay, the game's going to be like 20 hours, and people would bytch that there's not enough content for $70. Nah, they did the right thing by telling the story, but also staying true to the original by including the minigames from it (like chocobo racing), but also adding more (run wild, pirate rampage, etc.). I had zero problem getting top scores in all these games after two or three tries, and I didn't even really have to try. And I think if the game was purely combat and no minigames, then I would get bored with it very quickly.

This is just a terrible take, not a rell one.

Last edited:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
It's arguably the GOTY for me so far with close to 50 hours in. The little things i see people complain about aren't enough to go down on it imo. It smokes every JRPG I've played this and last gen so far.

I agree with this. I mean think about the original compared to this. Locations like Gongaga and Costa del Sol were mostly filler locations, where nothing really massive or interesting happened there that couldn't have been done somewhere else.

Costa del Sol you interact with Hojo and learn a bit but there is really nothing interesting to do... it's just a bridge between leaving the ship and going to Corel.

Same for Gongaga. Not really a fleshed out location, just a sleepy town where huge materia is first mentioned, and you learn a bit about Zack but otherwise completely forgettable. I'm pretty sure it's possible to skip Gongaga in the original and nothing changes.

The remake is much better by making these places their own biomes, which, to me, makes the locations themselves more memorable. As I said before, the minigames aren't extremely memorable.... you just do them in a few minutes and move on. But you definitely need something not combat to mix up gameplay a bit, so I like it. And there's so many different types of minigames that none of them feel samey. It's genius what they did, really.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I feel like people who are complaining about the minigames are really just mad because they're struggling to complete them. Sure, I suppose it is jarring for gameplay to stop and a tutorial pops up for a new minigame when you're several dozen hours in, but it's usually just content to break up the pacing so combat doesn't get monotonous. Usually there's no real challenge to them, so even if you aren't perfect you'll still easily pass it and gain the best item. And even if you are completely retarded, you can get just the 1 star item and move on with the game.

If they cut out all the superfluous stuff, and have combat as the only part of gameplay, the game's going to be like 20 hours, and people would bytch that there's not enough content for $70. Nah, they did the right thing by telling the story, but also staying true to the original by including the minigames from it (like chocobo racing), but also adding more (run wild, pirate rampage, etc.). I had zero problem getting top scores in all these games after two or three tries, and I didn't even really have to try. And I think if the game was purely combat and no minigames, then I would get bored with it very quickly.

This is just a terrible take, not a rell one.
Some of them are poorly designed and obviously not beta tested. It's not necessarily the fact that people are struggling to complete. Not to mention the fact that some of the completely kill the vibe of the game.

They chose to have the 2nd game end where it did and obviously fluffed up the content in between to justify having part two and splitting it into three parts. Dudes gotta realize that a lot of people don't care for minigames like that and perfectly justified in complaining about it. If it's in the game, it's up for criticism.

If people just didn't play the game at all because of it, the same dudes would be griping and complaining that no one is playing the game and potentially ruining their chance of seeing how it ends.

It's okay that they don't feel the same way about it as you do and others do.

Jekyll

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Rell Shyt
I havent played the new gen games but what you say here has been final fantasy for years. It was really cool back then because the ps1 was so limited that the minigames were basically the only time you could get unique views of the characters. It would either be the world map, the in city view or fights. In the new consoles you don’t have to change the models out so the mini games really dont provide anything additional as far as looks.