Final entrant numbers for EVO 2019 revealed, Smash #1 with ~3500, 7 games total with 1000+ entrants

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Final EVO 2019 Entrant numbers

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 3492
Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition - 1929
Tekken 7 - 1885
Samurai Shodown - 1719
Mortal Kombat 11 - 1567
Dragonball FighterZ - 1191
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st] - 1156
SoulCalibur VI - 742
BlazbBlue Cross Tag Battle - 640

These numbers make EVO 2019 the biggest Smash, Tekken, SNK, Mortal Kombat, UNIST and SoulCalibur tournaments of all time.
Tekken 7 and SFV were flip flopping back and forth for that #2 spot over the last few months. Street Fighter winds up taking it narrowly by less than 50 entrants. Street Fighter drew over 9x as many entrants in 2016 as Tekken 7 (5107 vs. 549). The fact that gap has closed as much as it has is insane.
Samurai Shodown's numbers are stunning, being ahead of a far more popular game in Mortal Kombat 11, likely in part due to MK's lack of presence in Asia where many of the best FGC talent reside.
DBFZ falls from the most entered game at last year's EVO to the 6th most entered, losing over half of it's entrants from last year. It places just 35 entrants ahead of UNIST, a game many people never even heard of before it was announced as a main title for EVO.
BBTag's 640 entrants is the most ever for a last placed game.

The official line up hasn't been revealed yet outside of BBTag, Tekken 7, SFV and Smash being the Sunday games and DBFZ, UNIST, MK11, SamSho and SC VI being the Saturday games.

I'm thinking Sunday will go like this
BBTag > Tekken 7 > SFV > Smash with a slight chance of Tekken 7 and SFV flip flopping. I'm pretty sure BBTag and Smash will bookend the show though.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Tekken 7 was only out overseas in 2016, so that's why it's numbers were considerably lower. Barely anyone had access to the game. It has grew well over time tho, but I think it's to an expected level for the most part.
Oh I know it was just the arcade version a large portion of the world didn't have access to, it's just seems more dramatic to point out how far they came from during SFV debut year. It's still grown in entrants every year, which is definitely not the norm. They came very close to passing SF, which was unfathomable just a few years ago (even before SFV had the record 5k entrants) cause Tag 2 was such a dud competitively

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
smash isn't a fighting game, they need to take that bullshyt to their own tournament doesn't belong at evo
Smash brings in the money though bro. The other fighters can only benefit from it's inclusion; rising tides raise all ships and such. If they just wear some damn deodorant and watch some other games here and there it'll be all good.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
GO1, Sonic Fox, and Kazunoko got people scared to compete in DBZ fighters:mjlol:
Eh, look at Tekken 7. You have people from all over competing even though they have no chance against the Koreans and the scene just keeps getting bigger.
DBFZ dropped cause the meta got stale af, the matches take way too long and the DLC has been awful

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Tekken was a lot of fun to watch at Evo last year for me personally. I can't get into watching SFV the way I could with SFIV and Ultra its boring as fukk.

Looking forward to see if any Americans can crack top 8 winners in T7 again. That Lil Majin run alone has made me catch most of the major tournaments on Twitch.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Tekken was a lot of fun to watch at Evo last year for me personally. I can't get into watching SFV the way I could with SFIV and Ultra its boring as fukk.

Looking forward to see if any Americans can crack top 8 winners in T7 again. That Lil Majin run alone has made me catch most of the major tournaments on Twitch.
Tekken 7 all about Knee's insanely dominant run to me. Seems like he only ever gets eliminated when Arslan Ash shows up and guess who just got his Visa approved and will be showing up at EVO? :jawalrus:
Hopefully, they have appropriate bracketing and Arslan isn't facing players like Chanel and Knee off-stream again.