Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Oh, and "can you dig it?"

Two quotables doesn't sound like a lot, but approaching 40 years that's a decent amount.

Good news big boppers. It turns out the early reports were wrong....all wrong. Now for that group that had such a hard time getting home, sorry about that. I guess the only thing we can do is play you a song.

This is in my Top 5 movies of All-Time. Is it a classic? I think it's stylized, every scene transports you to gritty NY. You get enough of the characterizations without being too much and the dialog and camaraderie of the gang shines in every scene. They may not all be the same chapter, but they are one unit. I'm gonna watch this tonight

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, I don't think it's a straight up classic classic, but no doubt, if you ask someone to picture 70s NY or pre-Disney Times Square the way people say it was wild and lawless, if they close their eyes they're pretty much gonna picture The Warriors without even knowing it.

The quality of it can be debated, always. But it being a cultural touchstone, at least for the 70s in New York or just big cities in this country in general, is undebatable. It's not the French Connection or Serpico, but like I said, not everything in a canon or hall of fame needs to be at the same level of greatness to be great.

Tracy McGrady is in the hall of fame, same as MJ and Bill Russell. T-Mac was dope but is he Michael or Bill? Hell no. Get Rich or Die Tryin' has classic status. Is it illmatic or Reasonable Doubt or Cuban Linx or The Chronic or one of Cube's classics? Not at all, but it doesn't make it less worthy of that status.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
For me, it’s one of the first movies I think of when I hear the term cult classic, it’s like quintessential. It’s a film I’ve always dug because it gets you right into the thick of the story immediately. The grimy, underground look and feel of 70’s New York bounces right off the screen, and in that sense it’s set in a world I’ve always wanted to explore more of. Which made the game for the PS2 so fun because you got to see more of the city, the different gangs that were either background players or non existent in the film, the backstory of the characters and how the group came to be. And in an unintentional way, I think the game almost became an essential companion piece for the movie.

I think it’s a different kind of classic. Is it in the same vein as say, The Godfather? No, but it’s got it’s own distinct look and style, it’s got quotables that ended up being apart of the pop culture lexicon, and even all these generations later it’s endured. Personally, I loved the game a ton as a kid and me and my friends played it all the time, and my dad was always fond of quoting Luther’s famous line, so I’m voting yes.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:wow:Warriors is such a dope movie it's not even funny. That grimy 70s NYC setting. To be fair, The Warriors was one of those flicks that you can see once and you are good. I don't think I would want to revisit the flick because it sort of drags in some parts.

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
The quality of it can be debated, always. But it being a cultural touchstone, at least for the 70s in New York or just big cities in this country in general, is undebatable. It's not the French Connection or Serpico, but like I said, not everything in a canon or hall of fame needs to be at the same level of greatness to be great.

Tracy McGrady is in the hall of fame, same as MJ and Bill Russell. T-Mac was dope but is he Michael or Bill? Hell no. Get Rich or Die Tryin' has classic status. Is it illmatic or Reasonable Doubt or Cuban Linx or The Chronic or one of Cube's classics? Not at all, but it doesn't make it less worthy of that status.

It's more like Just Ice Mantronix, or Stetsasonic..The heads know who.you're talkin about.soon as they hear that name

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
While I voted yes, we probably should have had everyone pick their 20-30 GOAT movies and whatever the top 20-30 vote getters were would be the first class "inducted" thus setting a benchmark from which to judge any and all nominees thereafter. In its own way, this accomplishes that anyway as, if The Warrriors makes it, then it's a case of judging every movie to its standard:manny: