Votes: 13 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
just finished rewatching and the film is as I remember; highly entertaining but a bit too goofy. A lot of the dialogue is :francis: and there is some rigid acting along with some poorly choreographed fight scenes, but all in all the film will hook in because the storyline is that good and it is a nice look back at NY in the 70s & 80s.

The film is influential but not to the degree where it has to be considered a GOAT or you could overlook some of the flaws in it. So I'll say no :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
just finished rewatching and the film is as I remember; highly entertaining but a bit too goofy. A lot of the dialogue is :francis: and there is some rigid acting along with some poorly choreographed fight scenes, but all in all the film will hook in because the storyline is that good and it is a nice look back at NY in the 70s & 80s.

The film is influential but not to the degree where it has to be considered a GOAT or you could overlook some of the flaws in it. So I'll say no :yeshrug:

I respect that homie. Glad you got the viewing in and got your vote on the board

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I voted no as well. Sure it's got a few quotes in the lexicon, but it's a bit too campy. It's entertaining though, but I've never had the urge to own it.

You could have just called it "The Film Room Canon" too breh :gandalf:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I voted no as well. Sure it's got a few quotes in the lexicon, but it's a bit too campy. It's entertaining though, but I've never had the urge to own it.

You could have just called it "The Film Room Canon" too breh :gandalf:

Wrote canon. Changed it. Might change it back. But I like alliteration.

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
Ppl who worship this Movie have to take out nostalgic bias out of the equation. Ima 80s baby and love movies like this, goonies, stand by me, lost boys, even escape from NY to an extent. But they can’t seriously be in discussion for anything GOAT film status. There pure popcorn entertainment with childhood flashback being the main kicker. But if I see The Godfather and the warriors on the same list....come on now :wtf:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Ppl who worship this Movie have to take out nostalgic bias out of the equation. Ima 80s baby and love movies like this, goonies, stand by me, lost boys, even escape from NY to an extent. But they can’t seriously be in discussion for anything GOAT film status. There pure popcorn entertainment with childhood flashback being the main kicker. But if I see The Godfather and the warriors on the same list....come on now :wtf:

I don’t think a canon of films has to have the same type of films on it. Like not every great movie will be like The Godfather. shyt for me I’d put escape from New York in and it’s not nostalgia. This isn’t even nostalgia. I saw this shyt in college as a grown ass man. The history of film is lined with great films in all genres of all ilks. They don’t have to walk the same to walk to the same place.