Fighting Games Thread

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, I guess.

Funny, me and my boy used to always talk about them doing Tekken vs. DOA game. Would rather see that honestly.

Nah, Tekken got it right with doing a cross Street Fighter game.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah, Tekken got it right with doing a cross Street Fighter game.

Financially-wise perhaps, since they're the most popular of their respective dimensions. Though 3d vs, I'd have liked to seen it Tekken vs. DOA since they're near equally zany and both have a lot of interesting female fighters . And Tekken vs. VF since they were moreso direct competitors a la Capcom vs. SNK.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Financially-wise perhaps, since they're the most popular of their respective dimensions. Though 3d vs, I'd have liked to seen it Tekken vs. DOA since they're near equally zany. And Tekken vs. VF since they were moreso direct competitors a la Capcom vs. SNK.

I don't think a Tekken and VF game would work at all.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I don't think a Tekken and VF game would work at all.

I said the same thing about SFXTK and that essentially worked and was much harder to do.

Dead or Alive 5 review roundup, officially released in North America today

• Xbox Magazine UK — 7 / 10
• IGN — 8.8 / 10
• CVG — 8.1 / 10
• VideoGamer — 7 / 10
• GameInformer — 6 / 10
• EuroGamer — 7 / 10
• Famitsu — 36 / 40
• BloodBurger — 4.5 / 5
• Destructoid — 8.5 / 10
• Playstation Lifestyle — 6 / 10
• Gamespot — 7.5 / 10
• Gamesradar — 4 / 5
• Edge Magazine — 6 / 10

Definitely isn't scoring better than TTT2.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
SF and Tekken are similar in how they're played at a certain level. SF is heavy in footsies and turtling, Tekken is the same shyt to an extent... it's just harder to move in Tekken.

The 3D cross game will turn out fine because a lot of matches in Tekken play out like the ones in SF. And they already have some projectile shyt in TTT2, it's just a preview.

VF and Tekken wouldn't work unless they made a completely new engine for the game, (SFxTekken is just on SF4's engine with Tekken characters in it) the two franchises play so differently from a gameplay standpoint and from a players mentality point of view that I don't think the shyt would mix well at all.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
SF and Tekken are similar in how they're played at a certain level. SF is heavy in footsies and turtling, Tekken is the same shyt to an extent... it's just harder to move in Tekken.

The 3D cross game will turn out fine because a lot of matches in Tekken play out like the ones in SF. And they already have some projectile shyt in TTT2, it's just a preview.

VF and Tekken wouldn't work unless they made a completely new engine for the game, (SFxTekken is just on SF4's engine with Tekken characters in it) the two franchises play so differently from a gameplay standpoint and from a players mentality point of view that I don't think the shyt would mix well at all.

The only thing would be needed to do it is the same thing that they've done with all these cross over games is that the game will play most similar to which ever developer makes the game. It's pretty much that simple.

Also, footsies and spacing is pretty much bare essentials in all fighting games, not just SF and Tekken. Other than that, they don't play that similar.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only thing would be needed to do it is the same thing that they've done with all these cross over games is that the game will play most similar to which ever developer makes the game. It's pretty much that simple.

Also, footsies and spacing is pretty much bare essentials in all fighting games, not just SF and Tekken. Other than that, they don't play that similar.

Nah, that's what high level SF and Tekken is to it's core.

VF is in your face action, that's why the timer is only 45 seconds, because the matches are fast.

DOA is VF's child, but it's in your face and heavy on the counters. Not nearly as much on turtling and spacing like SF and Tekken is.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Nah, that's what high level SF and Tekken is to it's core.

VF is in your face action, that's why the timer is only 45 seconds, because the matches are fast.

DOA is VF's child, but it's in your face and heavy on the counters. Not nearly as much on turtling and spacing like SF and Tekken is.

Tekken's every bit as in your face as VF, if not moreso due to how one can stay on a very aggressive offense on downed opponents and its definitely more in your face than SF has ever been considered to being. Hell, the interviews before SFXTK came out was all about pointing out that broad difference between the two series.

Tekken also normally has a shorter clock as well, cuz combos have always had high damage potential output. Only in the Tag Tekken games is the clock longer due to having a team of two characters.

You're the only cat that I ever heard seriously stating that SF And Tekken are a lot alike, as player from either camp have never felt that way, whereas you ironically believe that, not having ever been too serious of a player to either series.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Tekken is the only 3D fighter where turtling is so effective. That's why I'm saying it's like SF

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It seems that you very much do son.

Even you SF turtling argument is quite a bit off based cuz turtling is moreso character/player dependent playstyle than a total overall game foundation, as not all characters in that game are even suited for that style of play, nor can they get too far playing that way, yet some of those same characters have dominated in high level play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk due to job being ghey.

CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
I played DOA 5 for a couple of hours last night. I ended up finishing the story mode to unlock the VF fighters. I didn't think the story could get any worse from part 4, but they managed it.:heh:. I'm not mad at that though, since these games are known for their horrible stories. It looks like they took a page from MK 9 and had you use every character to get familiar with them and the fighting system, but I ended up skipping most of the cutscenes just to get through it faster.

The combat is definitely deeper than the previous games. It does seem a tad slower than part 4 did, but that might just be me. I need a little more time with the game to get a feel for a few of the new mechanics before I head online. I heard the lag is pretty bad online at the moment.

Game is definitely solid though. :obama: