Fighting Games Thread

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
seasons beatings this weekend...I got Yipes in my pool. Pray for me coli brehs. :wow:

Kodie

Pro
Daps
seasons beatings this weekend...I got Yipes in my pool. Pray for me coli brehs. :wow:
:damn: Good luck but you know we rootin for Yipes to win it all right? :smugfavre:

Is East Coast vs West Coast happening at all?

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
nikkas love them some yipes.

EC vs WC I don't know about. I know saturday is going to be full of crazy ass money matches and exhibitions tho.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking about going to Season's Beatings for VF, but fukk driving 5+ hours to play in a side tourney

Kodie

Pro
Daps
nikkas love them some yipes.

EC vs WC I don't know about. I know saturday is going to be full of crazy ass money matches and exhibitions tho.

Cool. I think I'll actually have time to watch this weekend. Stay healthy man. You know how them tourneys get with shyt going around lol.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Cool. I think I'll actually have time to watch this weekend. Stay healthy man. You know how them tourneys get with shyt going around lol.

Hope that fakkit gets merry xmas'ed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
copped DOA5....it's still the same game, but i can't lie its fun as eff..
my boy, whose been a hardcore DOA player since the start (didnt know those existed) copped, hit random select and whooped on me. the only matches i won or were close in were the matches i picked Sarah after not even 5 minutes in training mode. most VF5FS combos work, so i figured i should stick with her for now. it also made me realize i need to go back to pad. this arcade stick was a godsend for VF5FS and i did ok with it in Skullgirls and P4A but every other game i feel im better on pad.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
my boy, whose been a hardcore DOA player since the start (didnt know those existed) copped, hit random select and whooped on me. the only matches i won or were close in were the matches i picked Sarah after not even 5 minutes in training mode. most VF5FS combos work, so i figured i should stick with her for now. it also made me realize i need to go back to pad. this arcade stick was a godsend for VF5FS and i did ok with it in Skullgirls and P4A but every other game i feel im better on pad.

i'm a pad user...i tried to use sticks against Khalil a few times and got worked.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Isn't the button layout in DOA similar to VF?

I hear you have to do BDC like in Tekken though so I can see what you mean.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
Isn't the button layout in DOA similar to VF?

I hear you have to do BDC like in Tekken though so I can see what you mean.

Yeah. Punch, Kick, Hold (what they call counters, and it blocks if you press it without a direction), there's also a button designated to Throw by default but you can just press Punch + Hold like VF. And yes spacing and evading is closer to tekken then vf. It's actually closer to SC5 now that double tapping Up or Down sidesteps