FIFA wants $1b for 4 years and more from EA *update* FIFA pulling exclusivity

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
Good
It's been fukk EA since what they did to Sega back in 98/99.

Takes out his PS2 , plays PES5 to celebrate this news!!
:blessed:yeah, I'm petty

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
fifa series is prob ea highest selling game, literally the only game I buy for pc as well ever year

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
fifa series is prob ea highest selling game, literally the only game I buy for pc as well ever year
Not probably. It is. And the microtransactions print money for EA.

The question is whether EA wants those World Cup branding rights enough

edit: They're good for the 2022 World Cup, so that's probably EA and FIFA's swansong.

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
remember fifa before they had the champions league license? :picard:
They don't lose that

its license with FIFA grants EA Sports only the use of the organization’s name and logo and the rights to the World Cup, a monthlong championship that takes place every four years, the game maker appears to have concluded that losing the relationship would not be the kind of existential threat that it might face if it were to lose the license.

They have deals with all the leagues AND the players union FIFPRO.

fukk Fifa if I'm EA:yeshrug:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
They don't lose that

its license with FIFA grants EA Sports only the use of the organization’s name and logo and the rights to the World Cup, a monthlong championship that takes place every four years, the game maker appears to have concluded that losing the relationship would not be the kind of existential threat that it might face if it were to lose the license.

Yeah I know they don't wha,t I meant is that having the official stamp makes the game better instead of some random cup. Even though the champions league mode is the same as whatever it was called in previous fifa having that authenticity makes it better

ea sports football games have been called fifa since 1994, going back to ea soccer :picard:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
They don't lose that

You're underestimating the influence FIFA has with it's constituent confederations...especially UEFA. EA doesn't want any kind of antagonistic relationship coming out of this, to where FIFA can work it's brand of mischief all over the place and mess with things behind the scenes.

Oddly enough I hope FIFA's shakedown fails, though I'm no fan of EA's practices. This is an attempt to fund Infantino & Co's rubbish plans to host World Cups every two years, among other things.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You're underestimating the influence FIFA has with it's constituent confederations...especially UEFA. EA doesn't want any kind of antagonistic relationship coming out of this, to where FIFA can work it's brand of mischief all over the place and mess with things behind the scenes.

Oddly enough I hope FIFA's shakedown fails, though I'm no fan of EA's practices. This is an attempt to fund Infantino & Co's rubbish plans to host World Cups every two years, among other things.

The UEFA deal still got more time on it than the FIFA one.

Apparently the current FIFA deals runs through next year's World Cup so EA apparently is still in the clear for the World Cup game next year.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Finally need other companies to have access to fifa player likeness etc..ea is mediocre:hhh:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
that's separate fam.

EA still has deals for that. Don't know if the individual league and players union deal is exclusive though.

Yeah they do, I think out of most big leagues they are only missing Juventus, Roma, Atalanta and Lazio because konami still has those rights

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Yeah they do, I think out of most big leagues they are only missing Juventus, Roma, Atalanta and Lazio because konami still has those rights

If they drop FIFA, I'm sure they'll go secure the rights to those now since they don't have to pay FIFA's extortion price. :pachaha: