FIFA wants $1b for 4 years and more from EA *update* FIFA pulling exclusivity

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Fifa is only the brand of the World Cup and a popular name. Without them, EA still has the rights to all the leagues and players. Nothing would change

That's what I'm thinking if EA is only going to lose international teams and competitions they will be fine. EA Sports Soccer 23 or whatever they call it will still sell truckloads. This may even force them to include more expansive in-game editing.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That's what I'm thinking if EA is only going to lose international teams and competitions they will be fine. EA Sports Soccer 23 or whatever they call it will still sell truckloads. This may even force them to include more expansive in-game editing.

the only thing is i feel like they're gonna have to have two names, football for international and soccer for US.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If this results in a better soccer game than the dogshyt EA puts out every year I'm all for it.

It's the FIFA branding name though.

EA still has rights to the leagues so even if they dropped the FIFA name, they still have all the leagues and players.

Only thing they'd lose is using the FIFA name and of course the World Cup which is probably why FIFA believes EA will pay up.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

The FIFA name isn't that big of a deal in EA's mind I believe. The only black eye would be losing the rights for the World Cup branding that FIFA owns.

Daps
It's the FIFA branding name though.

EA still has rights to the leagues so even if they dropped the FIFA name, they still have all the leagues and players.

Only thing they'd lose is using the FIFA name and of course the World Cup which is probably why FIFA believes EA will pay up.
Gotcha, well that sucks