FIFA wants $1b for 4 years and more from EA *update* FIFA pulling exclusivity

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hell if they just made a EPL game alone, it’d probably do more numbers than a game with the rest of the leagues combined
but what about those of us who still play the German league? :damn:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
8% is still a huge loss when you talking to investors... Even worse that the number 4 game is their game from last year with that license

Nobody starving but it's not a slam dunk, we don't need you guys anymore, type of thing... Especially when this is just UK numbers and doesn't reflect losses in other countries as well
EA was giving FIFA 150 mill a year, FIFA wanted 250 with a new deal, EA said no.

Saving that 150 may have had a net positive over the loss in sales.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
EA was giving FIFA 150 mill a year, FIFA wanted 250 with a new deal, EA said no.

Saving that 150 may have had a net positive over the loss in sales.
4 million in sales at $60 would be the difference of $250... I can't call it because again, you need world wide numbers. But for the highest selling game of the year (top 5 in most), i'd guess 4 million copies across the world isn't that much

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
4 million in sales at $60 would be the difference of $250... I can't call it because again, you need world wide numbers. But for the highest selling game of the year (top 5 in most), i'd guess 4 million copies across the world isn't that much

Yup.

Also remember EA gets 70% of the cut of the price, not the whole hundred and that 70% is after physical retailers get their cut. With digital releases, they get the whole 70%.

Fifa wants an an extra 67% on top of the current deal was dumb as shyt.

Now they look like buffoons.

Overplay your hand brehs.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Yup.

Also remember EA gets 70% of the cut of the price, not the whole hundred and that 70% is after physical retailers get their cut. With digital releases, they get the whole 70%.

Fifa wants an an extra 67% on top of the current deal was dumb as shyt.

Now they look like buffoons.

Overplay your hand brehs.
U forget EA make their money on ultimate team

less sales=less micros

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Where's NBA Live, b? :to:

Sports games are in a sorry state breh

Most major sports only have one franchise, who are all coasting because there's no competition.

Then you have sports like boxing who get nothing

No Xtreme sports games like Tony Hawk or SSX.

Any actual alternatives tend to be filled to the brim with micro transactions and low quality production.

shyt is sad.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
U forget EA make their money on ultimate team

less sales=less micros

Indeed, but we'd need to know that loss in revenue on sales to see if it is still covered by not having to give Fifa 150 million a year.

From what I'm reading sales might be down, but their revenue is up. They're doing really well so something is working.

Daps

Fight Night being dead is shameful. Boxing being so dead that some of the biggest fights are YouTubers going against retired athletes is the real issue. I still play FN Round 3 all the time. Great game.

I miss EA's Big line so bad. NFL Street was a great game. In the '00s, we had multiple great NBA arcade-style games: Street and Ballers. Now what is there? NBA Playgrounds is trash compared to Jam, Street, and Ballers. Anyway, SSX was one of the best parts of EA Big, too. That extreme sports boom in the late '90s and early '00s led to some classics: SSX, Tony Hawk, 1080 Snowboarding, Wave Race, etc.

Anyway, those of y'all who were too young to remember the NFL 2K5/Madden '05 battle missed out. NFL 2K5 really is the goat sim football game. It still does a few things better than modern Madden. The state of sports games now is a sorry state, just like you said.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Sports games are in a sorry state breh

Most major sports only have one franchise, who are all coasting because there's no competition.

Any actual alternatives tend to be filled to the brim with micro transactions and low quality production.

shyt is sad.

For as thirsty for Sony is for GAAS titles , you would figure they would have given NBA Shootout another shot.