feminism screwed women over, notice so many women r single and miserble

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
identity police :smh:
sitting around using your brainspace looking for reasons why it's a good idea for the people around you should twists themselves according to your beliefs

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Women were happy back then??? LMAOOOOO!!! :russ::mjlol:

Bye.:beli:

Everything I've ever read about the topic says that men AND women were both miserable back then. I saw a documentary in a class in college that specifically talked about the pressure and depression many men (they were mostly talking about white men) felt HAVING to provide for a who family with no outs or relief.

lol at the idea that everything was peaches and cream back then. Also, like someone else said, black women (in large part) have always contributed financially to the household. They want white people problems.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
but THATS what feminism is all about! We are trying to get women to be equal to men in the fixing of roads and the cars and the planes and the schools and the computers etc. we are not INCOMPETENT OR WEAK OR LAZY OR STUPID. we are just as capable! this is the dumbest thread of my life.

Most women do not want to do those jobs. The few times there is a mass amount of women in those jobs is when there is a war and a shortage. Even when the men come back the women leave those jobs willingly. Do you want to be a construction worker? Do you want to fix airplane engines and mow acres of land? Yes there are women that like those things but most do not. A lot of women do not want to work in those environments. A lot of women go to college and major in business, nursing, social sciences, psychology, or education. A lot of women do not go to trade school and do HVAC, go to pilot school, or enter the construction workforce. That is not a bad thing at all. Women do not like to enter hard labor. A lot of women do not willingly take up those jobs unless they desperately need money.

Less than 7% of women in America are pilots.
Women in Aviation, International - The Facts - Current Statistics of Aviation Careers

agnosticlady

Daps
Black feminism doesn't attack white supremacy though :francis:

White feminists do not promote and/or join black feminist movements that directly attack white patriarchy :leon:

Black men, who have never controlled societal partiarchal mores in USA, seem to be the consistent target of black feminism :huhldup:

How is this helping? :lupe:

Peace

The thing with black feminism is that they are not fighting for the social, political, and economic advancement of black men, black women, and black children. They are just getting off of the nipple of the white feminist and bringing feminism into the black community and trying to be the front leaders in the black community. A lot of black men were stripped of the ability to provide for and protect their communities due to the rampant racism in this country. As a matter of fact racist whites burned down Black Wallstreet. Also racist whites massacred many black people during the Rosewood Massacre. The whites were jealous of the fact that black people were able to build a financially prosperous community.A white woman lied and said that a black man raped her. This caused the death of at least 6 black people. Black men were also pushed out of many work forces and weren't allowed to work in certain places unless they REALLY needed workers. Many were not allowed to join the union. This is why self sufficiency was very important back then.
In addition to that a lot of black women were allowed into certain places because women are not seen as a threat to a mans patriarchy. Black women did not make more back then simply because they were hard workers. The fact of the matter is that white men allowed them to work in certain places to put them above black men and emasculate the men. Institutionalized racism is an oppressive racist patriarchy system. Most black feminist want to lead the black community. They do not want black men in charge.

agnosticlady

Daps
I always see females put a negative spin on "staying at home with the kids".

You mean to tell me there's nothing positive about it? You can't make it enjoyable?

And actually, in that scenario, you'd have more free time than your husband.

When the kids are at school...hit up the spa, book store, beach, Starbucks, mall, do some shopping, hobby, or cultivate your spirituality etc etc..

Have fun with the kids....picnics....arts & crafts

Sounds peaceful & stress free to me:yeshrug:

Most people aren't having fun at work.They're stressed the fukk out.

I don't have any problem with women wanting to work/be career oriented.

Just always wondered why so many of em make being a stay at home mom seem:scust::demonic:

"Big bad hubby....cheat cheat cheat...slave slave slave"

You know what's funny? Feminist talk about having a career and etc. Many of them still end up working under men. Being a stay at home mom is very beneficial for the child during their first few years (ages 1 through 5). I think keeping a clean home is very important.

mcdivit85

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sound Reasoning
The thing with black feminism is that they are not fighting for the social, political, and economic advancement of black men, black women, and black children. They are just getting off of the nipple of the white feminist and bringing feminism into the black community and trying to be the front leaders in the black community. A lot of black men were stripped of the ability to provide for and protect their communities due to the rampant racism in this country. As a matter of fact racist whites burned down Black Wallstreet. Also racist whites massacred many black people during the Rosewood Massacre. The whites were jealous of the fact that black people were able to build a financially prosperous community.A white woman lied and said that a black man raped her. This caused the death of at least 6 black people. Black men were also pushed out of many work forces and weren't allowed to work in certain places unless they REALLY needed workers. Many were not allowed to join the union. This is why self sufficiency was very important back then.
In addition to that a lot of black women were allowed into certain places because women are not seen as a threat to a mans patriarchy. Black women did not make more back then simply because they were hard workers. The fact of the matter is that white men allowed them to work in certain places to put them above black men and emasculate the men. Institutionalized racism is an oppressive racist patriarchy system. Most black feminist want to lead the black community. They do not want black men in charge.

Blessings be upon you for your understanding and compassion :obama:

Peace

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
:what: What in the flying fukk is this bullshyt??! And @42 Monks why did you dap this horse shyt as post?? :wtf:
women's right groups, when they're not spending time playing favorites within their own cause (white, black, asian women getting the right to vote in different years says plenty imo), understand the issues of a society run by a white male just as well as blacks do in America

but women's right groups having tons of issues doesn't dismiss their cause completely. look at blacks in general for example. we have entire vocabulary based around commitment/truthfulness/enthusiasm for the greater group :mjlol:.

as for the dap, yeah, all this bullshyt about how fukked up another group of same or similar intention is in relation to another takes attention off of why it was created in the first place. "indirectly support your oppressor brehs" *daps 10 times out of 10* :yeshrug:

Daps
Most of the dudes doing the yapping about how good shyt used to be can barely support themselves, let alone a woman at home or a full on family... so even if they could bag a traditional woman what would it matter? :francis: And most of these nikkas were born after Kris Kross fell off, talking about how shyt used to be in the 60s :scumbag: :dead:. I wish there were some way for dudes to have to prove they know shyt before they talk about it. nikkas just yap to hear themselves yap these days.
:russ:

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Question/comment....How has feminism impacted the Indian community, cause I notice these Indian couples tend both be professionals. Yet, still about 54/46 on the side of patriarchy.

Or is that not relevant to the conversation? I mean if you can combine a hardworking father with a supermom that is both professional and domesticated then you have an ideal situation...:francis:

The Maverick

Rookie and the vet.
Daps
Uh the reason why you date is to see if you are worthy of a man even making you his wife and spending his money on you. You can prove yourself on $25-$70 dates that you both can take turns paying for.
No offense, but you either are a man or extremely male-identfied to the point of delusion. That's really the only explanation for your perspective. You'll get your wake up call one day.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
No offense, but you either are a man or extremely male-identfied to the point of delusion. That's really the only explanation for your perspective. You'll get your wake up call one day.

yeah that post was kinda :huhldup:

You know what's funny? Feminist talk about having a career and etc. Many of them still end up working under men. Being a stay at home mom is very beneficial for the child during their first few years (ages 1 through 5). I think keeping a clean home is very important.

@the bold: What does that have to do with anything? If you're a feminist are supposed to not work under men or something? Because I wasn't aware of that requirement.