Female Students unbraid Black Male Teacher's hair...outrage ensues edit: he's fired!

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
my man, this shyt would have never happened at my HBCU :heh:
I didn't go to an HBCU. My only frame of reference, is I did my junior year of high school, at Smith High in Fayetteville NC, about a half-mile from Fayetteville State University, where there were courses on campus and kids would walk to and from classes between FSU and Smith...

I never had those classes but id go have lunch at FSU sometimes, there used to be a Subway restaurant in the cafeteria and i could kick it in the student areas and all kinda shyt. So I never took classes there but plenty of students did and were walking that half-mile back and forth between the two...

When I went to Smith it was around 85% black. And because historically it's associated with FSU there was significant cultural overlap with the university. This is public and historic record, so I guess I shouldn't assume it's true of every school. I'd never been to a school that black. Smith High in Fayetteville NC is basically an FSU entry school...

As for student-teacher relationships, while I never saw girls playing in a male teacher's hair, I did see them in female teacher's hairs, and i did see "outside the box" kinships to students that I didnt see at schools I went to where we werent the majority. And I'm not talking about predatory behavior (though I'm sure this stuff went on there as well), I'm talking about the conversations, relatability, how lessons were taught, and yes what we did in our down time, last few minutes of class type shyt. So my initial reaction to this, wasn't alarm because it wasn't left of what I experienced at a black school myself...

This thread has revealed fam's emo vid and other inappropriate shyt so my opinion on him has changed, he clearly has predatory behavior...
We went to school in a completely different era. the only time I had young teachers is when I was in elementary on some second grade shyt. once I got to middle and high school, I all my teachers were damn near old enough to be my mom. these high schoolers got teachers that are still in their mid twenties.

:francis:
I had young teachers in high school, a decent amount of em too. And I'm 35 in 3 weeks...

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Dude wears a septum ring? Get him all the way outta here.

He’s probably living his second childhood trying to be the popular guy in the school.

Yo that emo tik tok is insane and very sad actually

Y’all shoulda told me he had a septum piercing too woulda knew what it was :scust:

Wife material.

They’re having a conniption in the comments. :laff:

Hit dogs holler. :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
The lack of awareness is the issue.

I'm not gonna ask some kids to take down my hair unless we at a family gathering or something.

As a black man you need to be aware of how certain stuff looks regardless of intention. Be wise.

And he posted the kids faces online like it wasn't a big deal. Just be a teacher. Teach and go home. Stop posting yourself online.
Social media got their brains fried. They think they need to post everything and then turn around and play dumb victim when it's not the response they thought lol

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I've never met anyone that has a septum ring that was normal. Those are some of the most confused people I've ever met. Just a ball of emotions lol
And they follow the social media bio template verbatim: “pronouns. Free Palestine. KPop profile picture. POC/Rainbow Flag/BIPOC/LatinX”.

The usual virtual signalling to distance themselves from their blackness.

And they claim to wear it to be “individual”. :mjlol:

concise

Veteran
Daps
At Maya Angelou French Immersion, 9% of students scored at or above the proficient level for math, and 32% scored at or above that level for reading.

Compared with the district, the school did better in math and better in reading, according to this metric. In Prince George'S County Public Schools, 18% of students tested at or above the proficient level for reading, and 6% tested at or above that level for math.

Maya Angelou French Immersion did worse in math and better in reading in this metric compared with students across the state. In Maryland, 26% of students tested at or above the proficient level for reading, and 16% tested at or above that level for math.