Fear The Walking Dead Season 3 Thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
nikkas crying about acting when most of walking deads early season seemed like some b- rated cheap film :mjlol:
nikka it wasn't nowhere near as bad.

Season 1 had Morgan, Shane, Meryl, Daryl, etc.,

They were great performers

Anyway, this is a good episode. A lot of talking and the kids acting like bytches. But it's cool. Still slow af...

Of course they all suspect of the black dude despite saving them but he does seem a lil overly paranoid about people on the ship. They can't drive that shyt though so he's still important

Chris is a bytchass kid though

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I think they should make a group but I get what Strand is saying.

He already rescued them but the boat will get crowded, people will turn, people will turn on each other, etc.

He got a boat full of family members, young women, old men, etc. scarce food, scarce space, etc

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikka it wasn't nowhere near as bad.

Season 1 had Morgan, Shane, Meryl, Daryl, etc.,

They were great performers

Anyway, this is a good episode. A lot of talking and the kids acting like bytches. But it's cool. Still slow af...

Of course they all suspect of the black dude despite saving them but he does seem a lil overly paranoid about people on the ship. They can't drive that shyt though so he's still important

Chris is a bytchass kid though

yea the acting season 1 was good because of the characters you mentioned, but look at it now..... most the characters and dialogue are a joke. the acting took a big dive after shane was killed. i hate what theyve done with morgans character. i hope hes back to normal going forward.

this show is certainly no worse than that IMO.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just finished watching the first episode and these characters just piss me off. I called all that shyt before it happened. Stupid ass cacs wanting to save random morons on that boat in open water and then the dumb ass white girl talking all wreckless over the radio just giving up all the information. My boy Strand had to remind their dumb asses that they lucky and he saved their life but they already plotting trying to turn him evil on some typical bullshyt "Who this nikka with all this money and a boat....he must be up to something. We can't trust him" Bet if he was a cac they'll be agreeing and doing everything he said without question.:mjpls:

The hispanic kid needs to get a bullet in his head and join his mother at the bottom of the Pacific.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
yea the acting season 1 was good because of the characters you mentioned, but look at it now..... most the characters and dialogue are a joke. the acting took a big dive after shane was killed. i hate what theyve done with morgans character. i hope hes back to normal going forward.

this show is certainly no worse than that IMO.
gonna definitely disagree

No one is checking for this like they did the OG show... Even now. OG show had a shytty couple seasons but still nowhere near as bad as this shyt

street heat

merchant of death
Daps
Reppin
NULL
gonna definitely disagree

No one is checking for this like they did the OG show... Even now. OG show had a shytty couple seasons but still nowhere near as bad as this shyt

cmon breh.... the genius with the mullet, the mexican chick, the fat nurse, carl, even maggie....

dont get me wrong i still watch and will continue to but this show is not known for its acting and dialogue.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
cmon breh.... the genius with the mullet, the mexican chick, the fat nurse, carl, even maggie....

dont get me wrong i still watch and will continue to but this show is not known for its acting and dialogue.
Bruh... We'll have to agree to disagree

None of them hold a candle to the characters in the first TWD season. Even if there was a lot of deadweight in TWD, these characters are annoying and unlikeable. Even the likeable ones are likeable by default.

The show is slow, at times boring. Especially last season. This one looks a lot better but even in the previews it's just sitting around talking or the kids doing some incredibly dumb shyt that puts everyone in danger

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Poor man's TWD has returned and I'm watching it :francis:

Kiss a gunshot wound brehs...

I forgot everyone's name :pachaha:

Angrily dump your mother's body into the ocean brehs...

"If it wasn't for me, you would all be burned" :damn:

I feel like this kid is gonna kill himself or someone on the yacht :francis:

"It's okay Alicia. I got you. I'll see you soon" :merchant:

This sea thing might make for an interesting dynamic actually :ehh: thought it was gonna be wack as hell but it's kinda interesting :patrice:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
No way is this cast even coming close to TWD. Rick alone had you engaged as soon as he woke up in the hospital. Hell just seeing certain scenes and characters from the book played out on live TV had me giddy. I feel nothing for these characters and they are all morons and show no real worth (except for Strand). I mean the kids are a$$holes and the adults sit around doing nothing.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
If they kill off the kids, this show would be 20x better. Strand is the only one who has common sense but it's still early in the apocalypse so I can give the others a pass for wanting to help. The kids are just so fukking dumb and the dialog is shytty, feels like I'm watching some mtv show. Need a cat like Rick or Shane to come thru and start tellin these bytches what they need to do to get right.

Last edited:

Forlife44

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think strand is going to san diego fir his wife or kid, in the preview he says "im coming" on that radio or bat phone

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
:laff:

Fear the Walking Dead Is Back, and It's Still Terrible

cusedgji1psj4oiofs5x.jpg

I was not a fan of the first season of Fear the Walking Dead. The pace was incredibly slow, character development predictable, and a few moments of glory aside, it simply bored me. For those reasons, I was both dreading the season two premiere, while also retaining a shred of optimism. Maybe the team behind the show would realize their mistakes and see the light! Sadly, it’s still a catastrophe.

The second season of Fear the Walking Dead begins with a simultaneously intriguing and disappointing opening scene. The cast is ready to head out to Strand’s boat, which was teased at the end of the first season. However, gone is the quiet, serene beach community of last season’s finale. Now, the beach—and all of Los Angeles—is on fire. There’s suddenly extreme urgency to get to Strand’s boat before things get worse. Zombies are attacking everyone on the beach, heads are shattered with rocks. Nick attempts a daring rescue and chops up a zombie’s face with the boat motor before everyone gets away. Exciting, right? Gory, right? Cool John Carpenter-esque score, right? All of those things.

But wait. How did LA start to burn? Why this urgency all of a sudden? It feels like between seasons, something really epic and interesting happened. And yet,Fear the Walking Dead decided to skip it—the show totally ignores and runs away from the interesting. In a show that’s supposed to document the fall of Los Angeles as a microcosm for the degradation of the world as a whole, we skip over what could have been the best part. But I guess, why would we want to see Los Angeles actually fall, right? Let’s get our characters on to a boat so they can brood for 50 minutes.

From the opening until the episode’s final five minutes, there’s very little substance or action in the season two premiere. Yes, Chris punches his father Travis for killing his mother. They dump her body into the ocean. Strand decides not to help a lot of other people on the ocean. Nick declares that he is good at medical stuff. Alicia meets some guy named Jack on the radio. Daniel catches an eel while fishing. They all share a nice meal.

But, as has been the case from the beginning on Fear the Walking Dead, none of this really feels important. There’s no weight to it. The show does almost nothing to make us care about characters or to move the plot forward. A boy is mad his mother died. A lonely girl makes a friend. A survivor acts selfishly. It’s all just the most basic, predictable shyt imaginable. In a single episode, the characters can’t even make it 100 miles to San Diego.

The big problem with Fear the Walking Dead is that these characters are flat. None of them are particularly distinctive. They’re just normal people. Flawed? Scared? Yes! But ultimately normal. They’re the background characters on the Atlanta Walking Dead. Characters who are disposable in a big action scene. Only Fear the Walking Dead doesn’t have those, so everyone survives.

To be fair, in a quality scene that felt a little World War Z (the book not the movie), there are zombies swimming in the ocean at the end of the episode as the cast encounters a capsized boat. That was kind of cool. Was this the work of Alicia’s mysterious Jack? Is that who is coming for them?

Hold up, though. Do we care? Not really. I had hoped, after an off-season for reflection, Fear the Walking Dead would’ve started with some surprising character or plot choices. But no, it’s just more of the same. After the first season, and now this episode, nothing has changed except the setting.

I’m sure there’s a passionate argument to be made that I’m totally wrong in this assessment. A deep dive could reveal these seemingly innocuous characters and actions actually mean something greater. But I’d have to be invested to do that, and I’m just not.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/fear-the-wal...m_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=io9_twitter

This is my problem with the show. It's nothing but broken promises.

They said we're gonna see society break down, they said we're gonna start at the very start, they said a lot and didn't back it up. It's hard watching this show because for six seasons we've been told and seen what not to do, to rewind to the start and see these folks fumbling and bumbling around is just :ld: I'm all for Sealab Strand but they gotta pick up the pace.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Miley Cyrus talking to a complete stranger
Probably the most realistic part of this episode. bytches be looking for a "friend" whIle the world is ending. :dead:

This show just lacks good writing and reasons to care about these people. Strand is mysterious and cool, so he's a definite positive while the rest are just dragging ass and mostly just useless. It's early still and I'll give them another few eps to get things moving but so far this shyt is just meh.

I do like the high seas back drop, it's actually working but the boring humans are wasting the potential.