FD finally dropped the Drake vs Dot video :wow:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Chance the rapper is a literal rich kid LARP-ing as some Chicago street art kid. His parents are big Chicago political affiliates.

Stop it.

VjZSkoJ.png
You are crashing out and rapid fire posting so indiscriminately you don't even realize nikka said exactly what you did :mjlol:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Imma be honest, that's not a good example. You have several nikkas rejecting their own cities or areas slang to co-opt what's cool. Once again, idk why you're trying to pretend this a new thing. You have NY nikkas literally talking like they're from Chicago and not fukkin with their slang but they're not in the culture because of that?
Dudes learn the word “colonialism” then run it into the ground when they’re describing Drake’s history of COLLABORATIONS. :snoop:

This “culture” era is just the “woke” movement rebranded. Its the same actors and players engaged in this self-referential pseudo-academic moment of trying to intellectualize a dynamic culture and gatekeep what they claim is cool or real and exclude anyone who doesn’t comport to that even if its contradictory or hypocritical or outright nonsensical. They try to make some book references or elevate the voices of the udnerserved as being more deserving or legitimate or promote poverty and struggle while simultaneously denying anyone who basically lives like the children of successful rappers. I better not hear this same argument against the children of T.I., Rick Ross, Will Smith, Swizz Beats, Diddy, Jadakiss etc talking about “the culture” when they’re all rich kids growing up privileged at private school while rapping about “real hip hop”. What are the rules here? Who’s being real here?

Look at the theme of BET Awards 2024: “Culture’s biggest night”… :leostare:

Yall dont see the bait and switch happening? What’s “the culture” then? Same people saying Drake isnt in the culture when all he does is make BLACK MUSIC WITH BLACK PEOPLE ACROSS THE BLACK DIASPORA. So what’s being faked?

They can’t tell you. Again…this is a campaign to label drake as a white non-American jew who shouldn’t be in the rap industry. They can’t attack the music so they go at him personally.

Is French Montana in “the culture?” :heh:

Khaled? :dahell:

:mjpls:

Halle-Bailey-GettyImages-2159450927.jpg

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I did see that get skipped over interestingly enough, along with Ross. Because then those lines quickly get blurred.

It's about both honestly. Especially if your only in, from your own words, is your family having rappers in it. And I've asked you several times if that's the bar.

Imma be honest, that's not a good example. You have several nikkas rejecting their own cities or areas slang to co-opt what's cool. Once again, idk why you're trying to pretend this a new thing. You have NY nikkas literally talking like they're from Chicago and not fukkin with their slang but they're not in the culture because of that?

You're talking like you know them personally.

My response to that is a literal clip of him him chilling while his friends beat a nikka up outside of Deliahs

Or the detail lawsuit after chubbs put him in the hospital:

Or the Mo-G situation

Or the Chris Brown bottle throwing incident

Or the DRAM incident

Or the DJ Drama incident

Or the Rick Ross Incident

You're posting a Punk'd clip of him from 12 years ago to show he's faking against all of these real incidents of violence lol

You: "He was chill while his entourage did the dirty work, so why would he get punked if he was in an altercation himself"

Breh, yall a different breed :dead:

Also, if I say something is lame when drake does it, it's lame when anybody does it. Bringing up other people doing it too ain't a rebuttal lol

Having rappers in your family aint the bar for being in the culture. It's an example. I grew up around and been involved in my local music scene. I'm sure that's many people's experience as well. But it could be through other means as well. So long as it's authentic and not people pretending to be something they're not, I say more power to them

JaytheOne

Pro
Daps
Listened a little more and yea, this isn't good. He glosses over IYRTITL in favor of TPAB but in real time that Drake album was not only really fukking good it was hugely successful. I think the battle has exposed two narratives people are pushing which aren't reality. The first is that Drake was always bad/made terrible music. The second is that Kendrick was always the ordained golden child. In reality Drake made some good music initially and those early Drake/Kendrick debates weren't just purists vs commercial people. A large portion of hip hop media was in Drake's corner circa 2013-2016, back when hip hop media actually mattered. Peter Rosenberg was arguably the only Kendrick dikk rider in NY media at the time. Elliot Wilson and B-dot were firmly on Drake's side and most of the DJs favored him. There was debate and differing opinion over TPAB. Meanwhile NWTS and IYRTITY were the closest people got to pure rap albums from Drake.

Go listen to Drake's subs around that time and it's clear he thought Kendrick was about to be outta here. I don't think anybody saw DAMN coming and that's what killed the narratives Kendrick had been dealing with from the media But if you're peddling the idea that Kendrick was always the golden goose then you ignore all this shyt. Likewise if you pretend Drake was always wack you ignore the nice run he had with those two albums. Which is where Pusha and Budden come in, to me. A year after DAMN we got the Pusha/Drake beef and the line about his music being angry and full of lies lately. That's around the time when the mafioso tough guy shyt started and the decline began. I don't mean commercially (yet) since Scorpion was a smash. But that wasn't a good album, just like Views wasn't a good album. And the more people talked about that, the angrier and more vindictive Drake got. The hubris and anger of that period is what led to that Adidon L. Not saying Drake could have avoided losing to Pusha, but he handled it the worst he could have possibly handled it because of his arrogance at the time. He was declining, creatively.

Do I think Kendrick is hip hop whereas Drake is a fraud? Hell Yea. But I'm not watching a 3 hour vid if someone can't set up a nice rise/fall arc while being fair to create some interest.
I've never really listened to Drake like that, what were the subs at kdot around that time?

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
OK. You can’t define the words you’re using.

I think you’re done.

I’m black. I’ve been listening to rap for 30+ years.

You’re gonna need more effort than trolling on here.

What is “the culture” and why is Drake not apart of it?
You’re an Indian you don’t understand black culture so stop it

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
You: "He was chill while his entourage did the dirty work, so why would he get punked if he was in an altercation himself"

Whats the point of security?

Breh, yall a different breed :dead:

Also, if I say something is lame when drake does it, it's lame when anybody does it. Bringing up other people doing it too ain't a rebuttal lol
Call it lame. But aren’t you making a “culture” argument?

Is “culture” crashing out over every security breach? :dahell:
Having rappers in your family aint the bar for being in the culture. It's an example. I grew up around and been involved in my local music scene. I'm sure that's many people's experience as well. But it could be through other means as well. So long as it's authentic and not people pretending to be something they're not, I say more power to them
You keep saying what the culture isn’t and we keep asking you to define what it IS. :stopitslime:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Whats the point of security?

Call it lame. But aren’t you making a “culture” argument?

Is “culture” crashing out over every security breach? :dahell:

You keep saying what the culture isn’t and we keep asking you to define what it IS. :stopitslime:
Culture is the reason you gotta ask me

Cause you don't know :mjgrin:

But you know who does :sas1:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State