Favorite Power Rangers Series ?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Second half of season two of Dino Fury just dropped. Finished it this morning.

Overall, it was pretty decent. I still had a few issues with it (Ollie is a grade-A dikkhead), but I actually really liked it.
I was disappointed in how they handled Lord Zedd because he's defeated in the most anticlimactic way possible, but he was only there to set up his role as the main villain in Cosmic Fury.

I also like how the main villains Void Knight and Void Queen learn that the pink ranger is their long-lost daughter, then the show flash forwards to six months later and Void Queen is six months pregnant. :mjlol: They must have started fukking immediately after the final battle.

I still give Beast Morphers a slight edge because of the Venjix reveal, but the Hasbro seasons have been very solid, and much better than any of the Kalish or Neo-Saban eras' seasons.

I also like how the Hasbro era has been unafraid to play with Power Rangers lore, which I guess is the advantage of the Boom comics being around for eight years and 100 issues. In years prior, we got very lazy and surface-level callbacks like Thrax, or Mystic Mother, or Lord Drayven, or the entirety of Super Megaforce.
The actress was pregnant during those last two episodes, but they still could have found a better storyline way to explain it :mjlol:

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I dipped out watching this shyt around 97-98. After that, I couldn't tell you shyt about any parts of the show. So I would have to go with the OG show.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This episode hits different now. :wow::mjcry::rip:

It also reminds me I need to rewatch Dino Thunder. It was always one of my favorite seasons but compared to the Kalish and Neo-Saban eras it's a goddamn masterpiece:
  • Able to juggle multiple subplots instead of cramming a bunch of fight scenes in
  • Comedic side characters who have heart and aren't just farting buffoons
  • Rangers who actually want to fight and don't just immediately quit when things get hard
  • Rangers who actually get along and don't have obvious contempt for each other
Honestly Dino Thunder was able to handle its story and characters in a way that no other season was able to before or since.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

This episode hits different now. :wow::mjcry::rip:

It also reminds me I need to rewatch Dino Thunder. It was always one of my favorite seasons but compared to the Kalish and Neo-Saban eras it's a goddamn treasure:
  • Able to juggle multiple subplots instead of cramming a bunch of fight scenes in
  • Comedic side characters who have heart and aren't just farting buffoons
  • Rangers who actually want to fight and don't just immediately quit when things get hard
  • Rangers who actually get along and don't have obvious content for each other
Honestly Dino Thunder was able to handle its story and characters in a way that no other season was able to before or since.

Word to the Operation Overdrive crew

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Which series had a villain that turned out to be the main character’s sister?

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Idk if I should make a separate thread for this or do it here. I've been thinking about running a poll or something of the sort for different categories of power rangers like Best Leader, Best Blue Ranger, Best Villain, Baddest Female Ranger, Best Supporting Cast, Best 6/7 4/5 Ranger, Best Writing, Best Plot, Best Episode Overall, Best Protectors (which team would you feel safest guarding your city), Best Morphing Sequence, Which Team of Rangers would win in a free-for-all brawl/guantlet/tournament/war/whatever format, etc. By best, I mean your personal favorite, as I know a lot of brehs may have checked out after Saban era. I think there's enough PowerRangers-heads to pull this off successfully

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best Leader,
Tommy
Best Blue Ranger,
TJ
Best Villain,
Venjix
Baddest Female Ranger
Sarah
Best Supporting Cast
Dino Thunder
Best 6/7 4/5 Ranger,
Ryan
Best Writing,
RPM
Best Plot,
Lost Galaxy
Best Episode Overall,
The Fate of Lightspeed
Best Protectors (which team would you feel safest guarding your city)
Lightspeed Rescue
Best Morphing Sequence
Dino Thunder
Which Team of Rangers would win in a free-for-all brawl/guantlet/tournament/war/whatever format,
Super Megaforce

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Best Leader
Jack Landor
Best Blue Ranger,
I agree with TJ. When I think of blue ranger I think second-in-command/leader when red is out of commission. He's one of the few blues who had leadership qualities
Best Villain
Controversial, but I loved the magma/ice brothers from Operation Overdrive. It's rare that rangers face two different antagonists from 2 different lairs. Sometimes the brothers worked together but more than often, they got in each ofhers way. I also loved the fact that they taunted each other after the rangers handed them their Ls. As for meme villain, the yeti that served the ice guy was pretty funny.
Baddest Female Ranger
Shelby and Kendall from Dino Charge, Maddie from Mystic Force (nostalgia), and Kimberly from Might Morphins. Nearly every yellow is solid though.
Best Supporting Cast,
Dr. K and the woman from dino thunder are my favorites but I would give it to the SPD supporting cast.
Best 6/7 4/5 Ranger
Purple wolf guy, teal elephant spirit ranger, and the black bat spirit ranger from Jungle Fury
Best Writing, Best Plot
RPM. Their backs were against the wall, and they put all they had into it
Best Episode Overall
I might come back to this, but most memorable is the first episode of time force where the main villain slayed the red ranger. Hell of a way to start series.
Best Protectors (which team would you feel safest guarding your city
I would feel most comfortable with the mystic force team defending my city. Magical all-seeing enemy alerting system and high-speed brooms to get to our location. Funny thing is a lot of ranger teams had retail/service jobs so they had to waste time making excuses to their bosses. For that reason, teams that fight for a living or whos identities are already known may be a better pick.
Best Morphing Sequence

Mystic Force or Ninja Storm
Which Team of Rangers would win in a free-for-all brawl/guantlet/tournament/war/whatever format,
Super Megaforce is the obvious choice. Outside of them though? It's certainly a toss-up. Zeo Rangers have no upper limit. Operation Overdrive Rangers, SPD Rangers, and Dino Thunder Rangers have super abilities outside of their ranger suits. Mystic Force Rangers can do magic. Jungle Fury can summon animal avatars that can do attacks. Ninja Storm rangers are badass trained ninjas who can blitz their opponents. It really depends on the format and conditions of the whole thing.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Just to toss out some more categories. Favorite puddy/creeps/fodder/minions/henchman variant, favorite supporting female villain, favorite zords/megazords, favorite last stand/final episode, favorite ranger hideout/secret base/hq, favorite opening theme, favorite ranger superform, which team would you have liked to join?