Favorite Power Rangers Series ?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Has it gotten counter cost productive to use sentai footage? Or is Hasbro willing to actually spend money on original footage?
Sentai footage will always be cheaper to use, but it’s restrictive from a storytelling perspective. Hasbro and Netflix seem to be willing to spend the money hence the rumors of a full on reboot being one of the shows they’re working on.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Some of the past writers did wonders with the footage..but I do remember always hearing how it did suck sometimes cause they'd plan one thing but footage dictated another

Then you had kalish be lazy and just be a tool of the footage instead of writing around it, for the most part

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
The King-Ohger suits are 🔥🔥🔥

King-Ohger is dope, but it's more so the sentai that comes before it like Donbrothers and Kikai and their wacky costumes that's the issue:russ:

If they keep using Sentai as one of those Power Ranger projects, Mashin would likely be the next adaptation until they finish filming for King-Ohger and can use the footage.

Ryze

All Star
Bushed
Daps

I skipped dino fury because I'm bored of the dinosaur theme, but a kyruranger adaption might make me have to give it another crack just to get to know the crew. It would have been an excellent standalone adaption, I really hope they don't morph the dino theme with the cosmic zodiac theme, please no. And the last time they did an adaption for a 8+ member ranger squad, a quarter of the rangers had minimal appearances outside of the finale and their featured episodes, despite being a 2 season squad.

There's no way they're doing a 12 man team, which is a shame considering the incredibly creative concept from the sentai. It really should have been its own 2 seasons.

Daps
Mines has got to be between SPD and Mystic Force. Dino Thunder and Ninja Storm are honorable mention. Don't know jack about the others.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
This clean
ha6qzpzaymca1.jpg

But I don't know how I'm gonna feel about green ranger being here.....even before Jason passed he declined to do this, now with him gone it will leave an even more bitter taste in my mouth if someone else just replaced him....I heard rumors of it potentially being Adam since Zack is using black ranger powers or Tommy and Katherine's kid from the Dragon Soul comic.

What I'm kind of hoping is the case is that while Jason isn't physically gonna be on screen, he was able to supply some voice acting for his scenes and they keeping it under wraps as a nice little surprise

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A simple edit makes them look a thousand times better

Eh, they still don't look very good. I don't think the design is the issue because they looked decent in the promo art.

Whatever material they made these suits out of doesn't look like the typical PR/Sentai material. It looks cheaper and dull, and it makes the rangers look boxy and not proportionate. The colors don't pop either, and the PR suits always had brighter colors than the Sentai versions (the Sentai suits were shinier).

Whatever the hell is going on with their chests is :scusthov:.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Eh, they still don't look very good. I don't think the design is the issue because they looked decent in the promo art.

Whatever material they made these suits out of doesn't look like the typical PR/Sentai material. It looks cheaper and dull, and it makes the rangers look boxy and not proportionate. The colors don't pop either, and the PR suits always had brighter colors than the Sentai versions (the Sentai suits were shinier).

Whatever the hell is going on with their chests is :scusthov:.
This is the first time that they are using new original suits that are non-sentai, so I’m willing to give some sort of leeway. Although that I will say that the new ranger suit that Zayto was wearing at the end of Dino Fury did look cheap and like shyt as well :scusthov:

In the case of the 30th special, people might want to temper their expectations to not set themselves up for disappointment as there no surprises in store with returning actors outside of the ones that we see now who were in New Zealand to film. I think the only time they used a former rangers voice actor for their original character was RPM red with that Samurai movie and that was to bypass SAG Union years ago.

With the rumors of a full on reboot, the green ranger is going to get recast at some point whether people like it or not.