Fat people in the gym

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
Word. I get more tight when I see a dude on a piece of equipment that I could be using and he's sitting there texting or taking selfies so he can post about how he's "in the gym getting it in". Every time I've seen an overweight person in the gym, most everyone has hit them with the :salute::obama:

I had a discussion about this with my brother in law this weekend. He was telling me how he goes to a Planet Fitness out in Greensboro where he lives, and his wife was asking about what the lunk alarm was. He explained how it keeps the meatheads away and stops intimidating practices, and I was like "it's weak; anybody who is all about making gains in the gym ain't worried about what the next person is doing, much less trying to intimidate them. If the person was more focused on their workout instead of everyone else, they wouldn't have time to be intimidated". He got a little aggy with his response, so I figured I had touched a bit of a nerve :pachaha:

Word I thought about PF cause my pockets are lookin real :flabbynsick:but if someone pulls that Lunk Alarm shyt on me, I'm gonna end up on the evening news

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Word I thought about PF cause my pockets are lookin real :flabbynsick:but if someone pulls that Lunk Alarm shyt on me, I'm gonna end up on the evening news

You mean like this dude? :russ: :pachaha:

But all jokes aside; if that's what ya options are, I wouldn't be mad at it. I think it's according to the management; the one I used to go to, there was dudes in there deadlifting and grunting, and the front desk people was just like :manny: They didn't have a squat rack or anything, so I had to move to another gym that was also $10.00 in the area (shouts out to Fitness Connection) that could accomodate my needs.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
You mean like this dude? :russ: :pachaha:

But all jokes aside; if that's what ya options are, I wouldn't be mad at it. I think it's according to the management; the one I used to go to, there was dudes in there deadlifting and grunting, and the front desk people was just like :manny: They didn't have a squat rack or anything, so I had to move to another gym that was also $10.00 in the area (shouts out to Fitness Connection) that could accomodate my needs.

Yeah I know a dude who got the alarm pulled on him and he's not a meathead at all ... White dude too, so I figure someone on that :mjpls: might get triggered by me to do some passive aggressive shyt

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Laughing at a fat dude in the gym is like laughing at a homeless person trying to get a job.
Yeah, you gotta start somewhere.
I was never mega-fat, but I did gain weight before I got to college and I went to the gym to use the exercise bike. Then, I started weight lifting. I bench pressed on the Universal machine or was pressing 65 to 85 lbs with the barbell bench press.

DredScott

Take these jewelz...
Daps
If you curl on the squat rackk though or do dumb shyt like that then you will have problems lol
this is really the most annoying thing for me, aside from the dudes that walk around and just get in the way trying to have social hour and talk to everyone. The only time I give fat ppl the head shake is when they or their "personal trainer" has them doing ab isolation exercises for 45 minutes straight, like wtf is the logic in that? Get your cardio game on cause no amount of crunches are gonna get rid of your huge gut. fukk those trainers for cheating their clients by wasting their time doing pointless shyt like that. And planet fitness is a joke with their "judgment free" zone shyt. Forget being judged at the gym, you're being judged in life period anytime you ever come in contact with another human being so stop being so concerned with it happening at the gym and go get healthy...

Last edited:

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I've almost always only gone to serious weight lifting gyms.

And I also have never seen one overweight or underweight person get laughed at in these gyms. If anything, it's encouragement and trying to be helpful. The only person I've ever seen make fun of a fat person was a skinnyfat fukkwit, and that was at a more high end gym.