Fat people in the gym

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Nobody pays attention to that at the gym. The average person at a box gym is average/outta shape

Never in my life have I seen anyone pay much attention, laugh or anything at the next person like that unless they was some type of fukking weirdo

Basically no one will give a fukk

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Nope. I don't laugh at scrawny dudes either.

The only time I "judge" though, is when I see the same fat/scrawny person come to the gym about 2 or 3 times a week, for months on end but I don't see them losing weight/gaining muscle. I then start to question what they're actually doing during their workouts or diets.

Like there's this one fat dude at my gym. Seems like a good dude. He comes in almost every night and sits on the cycling machine + lifts light weights (at the same time) for 40 minutes straight. He's looking a little bit slimmer than when he initially started (maybe lost around 5kg) but really, after about 6 months of coming to the gym for 4-5 nights a week, you would expect better results.

I see him and part of me just wants to say, "Look dude, you're just too comfortable right now. You're coasting in here. You need to challenge yourself, increase the resistance on that bike or maybe try using the treadmill for a change. Either that, or you need to work on your diet, cause really, you're not making much progress at the moment"

I wanna help the dude, it's just that there is no way I can say that without sounding like an a$$hole know-it-all gym snob:snoop:

Maybe I am an a$$hole know-it-all gym snob for thinking this:snoop:

Splash

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nobody cares about what your doing in the gym.

Respectfully..:whoa:

New Username

Staff Member
Supporter
Daps
Do y'all laugh at them? I've been working out at home, but I want to start going to the gym. I'm really self conscious and feel out of place every time I go.

Nobody is really worried about you at the gym

Everybody is either busy working out or checking themselves

You never know, you can be someone's motivation at the gym.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Word my mom used to ask me about meeting ppl at the gym and I'm like :dahell: fukk I look like tryin to be social in the gym, right from the jump I got NWA/Metallica/Ozzy on the headphones, doing the Bill Goldberg walk out the locker room

:pachaha: no lies were told here though.

If anything I'm nicer to "fat people" if I happen to make eye contact with them in the gym.

It would disturb you to know how little people actually notice other people at the gym. At least the serious ones.

You're there to get better, anyone who has anything to say negative about that is definitely not an opinion you need to give any mind to.

don't let stereotypical "meatheads"
get in your head either.

There's usually only 2 types in most commercial gyms, ones that are so into whatever it is they're doing at the moment they don't notice there's other people around. .. you'll catch them staring off into space between sets usually.

Or "fake tough guys" mad dogging people. Completely Ignore them, they're much more insecure than you trust me.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Do y'all laugh at them? I've been working out at home, but I want to start going to the gym. I'm really self conscious and feel out of place every time I go.
What :heh:

No man, insecurity may make people think we do but honestly, there are all shape, sizes, levels in the gym.

You could literally ask the most anti-social looking nikka advice and he will most likely be happy to give it to you.

The only way you get clowned in the gym is if you go in there trying to show off/act cocky (especially if you're :flabbynsick:) or you highkey go in there trying to compete with people

Other than that, it's cool. Go with a buddy if you uncomfortable going alone. Even women might get looked at but for the most part people let them cook as well

Daps
ef4feb43a89da24b3d4e51e37914621dd6ee2759858e1327c1bbc3212bb34f13.jpg

:dame::snoop::ufdup: at anyone who's actually taking time out of their workout to make fun of someone in the gym.Anyone who's a gym regular is way more focused on trying to finish their sets than someone else's body :manny: If you're a brehette, people willl prolly even take notice at your transformation :myman:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Im literally in there with a black hoody on and bluetooth headphones... Im not paying attention to shyt really

Ill admit, i get self-conscious sometimes with boxing because i feel like people think i be TRYING to go hard for attention or judge my style. I just want to do what I normally do when no one is around and im by myself... Im actually more chill when others are around.

But once i get into a rhythm, I stop giving a fukk