Fargo Season 5

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Since there's kind of a supernatural element to this show, and since it takes place in 2019, I'm wondering if they might get really weird and imply that the Sin Eater created COVID in some way?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:skip:

What shows are you watching where you aren't waiting for more to happen each episode?
I dont watch much TV programming - my take is this - each episode has felt unfulfilling to me. I like things about the show, but the story is very small in scope to me and even through 5 episodes, not much has really happened. Yes, events have happened, but the overall situation hasn't moved forward much.

Episode 1 - Tillman sends goons to capture Dot, she escapes
Episode 2 - we meet Tillman more, the main goon returns, they try to kill him but he escapes
Episode 3 - nothing really happens in this entire episode (seriously, what in the story progressed in episode 3?)
Episode 4 - Tillman sends Gator & new goons to capture Dot, she escapes them
Episode 5 - Dot escapes confinement, and evades a 3rd set of goons sent from Tillman

this show is boring, its stylized crap IMO. and Hawley mixes in some stupid mythical take on that one goon, I dont give a shyt, sorry. nothing is actually happening, these characters aren't interesting. I feel nothing watching it. blah

oh, and why does this show have the worst, abrupt cuts to commercial? is it like a running joke?

also, good lord the mother sucks. shes a fukking insufferable bore of a character

I liked some of the previous seasons, and this is fine, but its not good - its really just whatever

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
this show is boring, its stylized crap IMO. and Hawley mixes in some stupid mythical take on that one goon, I dont give a shyt, sorry. nothing is actually happening, these characters aren't interesting. I feel nothing watching it. blah

So what's a show where you feel like things are happening? :what:

Genuinely curious

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So what's a show where you feel like things are happening? :what:

Genuinely curious
I really dont need other shows to qualify how I feel about this one. Tell me which characters on this season interest you, I would love to know what Im missing here

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im only hard on the show because I have high expectations btw - I dont dislike it, I just feel unfulfilled with it. It seems to be just going in circles. The scope feels extremely small. I can overreact with my feedback a bit - and there is still a whole half of the season left. Im good on watching Dot escape goons in fantastical fashion at this point though. Lets open this story up a bit more

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Im only hard on the show because I have high expectations btw - I dont dislike it, I just feel unfulfilled with it. It seems to be just going in circles. The scope feels extremely small. I can overreact with my feedback a bit - and there is still a whole half of the season left. Im good on watching Dot escape goons in fantastical fashion at this point though. Lets open this story up a bit more
You got a point. It is predictable, but compared to everything else it's still entertaining.

The only outlier is the Munch at this point.

pcpking

All Star
Daps
I really dont need other shows to qualify how I feel about this one. Tell me which characters on this season interest you, I would love to know what Im missing here

Dot: want to know why she left the sheriff

Sheriff: want to know why he so sprung on Dot and what type of illegal stuff he into to have the FEDs willing to help Dot.

Dot and the mother in law: wasn't it implied in earlier episode that she knew something was up with Dot but she let it pass because her son was head over hills about her.

The lawyer; what happened to his eye

The hit man in a dress: what his story and is he traveling through time.

The cute native cop: when she go drop the goofy white boy and what part will play in helping Dot.

The storyline itself is interesting. Every show like this have filler episodes that don't move the storyline much and they're usually boring episodes but the filler episodes on this season all have been good.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dot: want to know why she left the sheriff

Sheriff: want to know why he so sprung on Dot and what type of illegal stuff he into to have the FEDs willing to help Dot.

Dot and the mother in law: wasn't it implied in earlier episode that she knew something was up with Dot but she let it pass because her son was head over hills about her.

The lawyer; what happened to his eye

The hit man in a dress: what his story and is he traveling through time.

The cute native cop: when she go drop the goofy white boy and what part will play in helping Dot.

The storyline itself is interesting. Every show like this have filler episodes that don't move the storyline much and they're usually boring episodes but the filler episodes on this season all have been good.
thanks for sharing, I am hopeful the second half picks up!

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
@Sleepy Floyd y'all really sound like this over there?
:dead:
I've never watched the show but if it's called Fargo I know exactly what accent you're talking about
:russ:

Outside of Minneapolis/St Paul, the rest of Minnesota is like 96% white with some Natives sprinkled in. The closer you get to the Canadian border, the more they really do talk like that.

Most black people in Minneapolis are from Chicago, Milwaukee or Memphis and don't talk like Fargo people