Far Cry 5 (Official Thread)

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
I'll see if I can't get Grace to snipe the planes as I don't think it'll technically give away my position or prevent me from obtaining the outpost undetected bonus, but the little things like the controls, horrible driving, and excessive shoot outs is getting a little grating. I find it hard to believe they couldn't strike a happy medium on the latter between over the top and excessive and virtually nonexistent once the region is cleared. I mean, Jesus Christ.

:huh:

Breh just snipe the alarm control boxes then rambo through the compound, all you need for "no alarms" is just take out all the alarms. What happens after doesn't matter as long as you do that.

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
I can't beat this Deathwish mission :mjcry:

I quit trying and went to a whole new area and saw this motherfukker drive past me :damn:

This game has to be trolling :snoop:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Breh just snipe the alarm control boxes then rambo through the compound, all you need for "no alarms" is just take out all the alarms. What happens after doesn't matter as long as you do that.

But it's the "undetected" bit that give you the bonus ( $1000), no? I just prefer to stealth bases in FC. Always have. The "no alarms triggered" thing is separate from undetected, iirc.

Cheech&Chong

rip chinx
Daps
Reppin
Developing a serious love/hate relationship with this one. :francis: Having fun in spurts but some of these controls??

The "take" weapon button being the exact same as the "loot" function?

The game OD'ing on the mayhem with the incessant gun play and impeccably timed drive bys. Y'kno...like right when you're trying to get a mission or some Intel but can't because your informant is "in conflict." You wait until it passes and right when they proceed speaking, you get a pilot with an itchy trigger figure that isn't the least concerned about fuel efficiency and has circled the same block a dozen times. :dead:

Speaking of planes, Nick is okay but isnt fairly reliable when he rubs out of bombs, which makes it doubly frustrating when I spend 10 minutes stealthily clearing an outpost but end up being spotted by the fukking egg head in the airplane that manages to be everywhere at once and simutaneously nowhere (unless, I'm..well, there.)

Far Cry has historically had little quirks that almost seemed coded with the intent to annoy like the eagles in FR4 -- :bryan: ! -- but some of this is getting really obnoxious. I'll see if I can't get Grace to snipe the planes as I don't think it'll technically give away my position or prevent me from obtaining the outpost undetected bonus, but the little things like the controls, horrible driving, and excessive shoot outs is getting a little grating. I find it hard to believe they couldn't strike a happy medium on the latter between over the top and excessive and virtually nonexistent once the region is cleared. I mean, Jesus Christ.

Hate that shyt. Happens all the time, I'll switch guns in the middle of a fight and it's a bat cuz I switched weapons instead of looting the guy

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Game is surprisingly good.

fukking Bliss Bullet time though and it’s the second run. :stopitslime:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Developing a serious love/hate relationship with this one. :francis: Having fun in spurts but some of these controls??

The "take" weapon button being the exact same as the "loot" function?

The game OD'ing on the mayhem with the incessant gun play and impeccably timed drive bys. Y'kno...like right when you're trying to get a mission or some Intel but can't because your informant is "in conflict." You wait until it passes and right when they proceed speaking, you get a pilot with an itchy trigger figure that isn't the least concerned about fuel efficiency and has circled the same block a dozen times. :dead:

Speaking of planes, Nick is okay but isnt fairly reliable when he rubs out of bombs, which makes it doubly frustrating when I spend 10 minutes stealthily clearing an outpost but end up being spotted by the fukking egg head in the airplane that manages to be everywhere at once and simutaneously nowhere (unless, I'm..well, there.)

Far Cry has historically had little quirks that almost seemed coded with the intent to annoy like the eagles in FR4 -- :bryan: ! -- but some of this is getting really obnoxious. I'll see if I can't get Grace to snipe the planes as I don't think it'll technically give away my position or prevent me from obtaining the outpost undetected bonus, but the little things like the controls, horrible driving, and excessive shoot outs is getting a little grating. I find it hard to believe they couldn't strike a happy medium on the latter between over the top and excessive and virtually nonexistent once the region is cleared. I mean, Jesus Christ.

I was in the middle of a mission and swapped my M60 for a pistol. Other weapons equipped were a rocket launcher and a sniper while a bunch of enemies were swarming in. Barely stayed alive through that bullshyt.

Blackout

Daps
Beat John now for faith.

John was a pretty cool enemy even as he died.

Faith is just annoying and I can’t wait until I off this hoe :stopitslime:

Blackout

Daps
Just copped yesterday. Played the tutorial. Its cool so far. This my first FarCry so I dont really have any expectations...
Mine too. At first was like eh with it being first party and a bit plain but as I played on the story and characters got me hooked :manny: