Far Cry 3 best open world shooter this gen

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I turned HBAO on instead of HDAO and while there's some weird looking shadows on people at times, it makes the game look much better IMO.

if you have an nvidia card, try turning on "transparency anti-aliasing" as well (in the nvidia control panel)

BamdaDon

All Star
Daps
Damn this game :blessed: shyt was one of the best games this Gen for me. I swear sneak through the woods when the sun is setting, seeing the light beams and you hear a Jeep or tiger had a nikka feeling like :whew: irl. I swear if you don't have headphones your missing out

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Is this game worth checking out on consoles for the single player?

Yea it's a hot game. Though I think the differences between the PC version with sweetfx and a few tweaks to the game's config is astronomical to it's console counterpart.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Finished this the other day. Started off great but burned out towards the end. Side quests are repetitive and trash. Characters outside of vaas are unlikable and cheesy. Ending was kinda wack.

I give it a 7.5.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
too much hand-holding in this game

I thought you would actually have to use that compass thing on those missions. but nope, you just follow the waypoint like every other mission

the game and it's world had a lot of potential, but it did get repetitive and boring. like I said before, I think it would be much better if it had some uber-hard survivor mode. get rid of all the info on the mini-map. get rid of fast traveling, or at least don't have a fast travel spot every 100 feet. make the better crafting items not obtainable until later in the game (with a little grinding, it's easy to have the largest holster, wallet, etc, pretty early in the game). just get rid of some of the hand-holding syringes (takes all the fun out of 'hunting' when I can instantly see where every animal is). for that matter, a lot of the 'tagging' enemies is too easy, and you don't have a 'visor' or any device that really explains how you do that (and why can't I take screenshots with the camera, or save my pics in any way. that seems like an obvious feature)

or maybe I'm just trying to make this game into DayZ/Arma :guilty:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
too much hand-holding in this game

I thought you would actually have to use that compass thing on those missions. but nope, you just follow the waypoint like every other mission

the game and it's world had a lot of potential, but it did get repetitive and boring. like I said before, I think it would be much better if it had some uber-hard survivor mode. get rid of all the info on the mini-map. get rid of fast traveling, or at least don't have a fast travel spot every 100 feet. make the better crafting items not obtainable until later in the game (with a little grinding, it's easy to have the largest holster, wallet, etc, pretty early in the game). just get rid of some of the hand-holding syringes (takes all the fun out of 'hunting' when I can instantly see where every animal is). for that matter, a lot of the 'tagging' enemies is too easy, and you don't have a 'visor' or any device that really explains how you do that (and why can't I take screenshots with the camera, or save my pics in any way. that seems like an obvious feature)

or maybe I'm just trying to make this game into DayZ/Arma :guilty:

Agreed. This game is really over-hyped when it's really only an 8/10 tops. Could have been epic with a little bit more ... freedom.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't completed the game yet but I'd agree with the Bethesda sentiment. I seriously can't wait to see a new Fallout game with a brand new engine.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
just finished the story.

this mutha fukka cut off my finger...
fukked up his compound in the gunship helicopter with my little bro flying and me on the gun. the music coming in for that scene was great.

the ending was rough...i saved my friends and that simp fukked up.
i saw the ending for the other choice of killing my friends....that shyt was bad for Jason.