Far Cry 3 best open world shooter this gen

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
No, its just I don't have a gaming PC, so I'm playing with Direct x9. Otherwise the game runs mad slow. My bad for not being specific.

but the consoles are dx9

edit: for that matter, the PC can provide a superior dx9 experience . one thing that may help you is getting into the config file and setting ssao to 0 (btw the game will revert this setting anytime you change a graphics option. you can prevent that by changing the config file to 'read only', but then any options you change in-game won't save). that will turn off 'ambient occlusion', aka that black glow around everything. that shyt makes my game stutter, and honestly I don't like the effect. it's kinda lame they don't offer a simple option to turn it off (like most games)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
anyone eat the pill that's in the cave your friends are hiding in?
i think you can eat one each time you bring one of your rescued friends back there.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No, its just I don't have a gaming PC, so I'm playing with Direct x9. Otherwise the game runs mad slow. My bad for not being specific.

Anyway, lol @ being able to snipe bull sharks from the shore. There's no way they should be that close to the coast..... but fukk it, I'll take it.

Oh ok. The game looks and runs too good from what I've played on my PC to switch to consoles. The framerate is just low and and it doesn't look as good.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

Anyway, lol @ being able to snipe bull sharks from the shore. There's no way they should be that close to the coast..... but fukk it, I'll take it.

2 things....if you wanted to REALLY see Rook island....you would upgrade to a gaming PC. Consoles are watered down graphics wise. And 2, Bull Sharks are notorious for killing humans ESPECIALLY near the shore, because thats wear we usually hang out. Bull sharks can even swim in fresh water. The Bull shark is responsible for more deaths every year than any other aquatic animal on EARTH.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
2 things....if you wanted to REALLY see Rook island....you would upgrade to a gaming PC. Consoles are watered down graphics wise. And 2, Bull Sharks are notorious for killing humans ESPECIALLY near the shore, because thats wear we usually hang out. Bull sharks can even swim in fresh water. The Bull shark is responsible for more deaths every year than any other aquatic animal on EARTH.

agreed.

playing this with direct x 11, all of the graphics options on max is :blessed: when i first saw a camp fire, i crouched down and watched the heat distortion around it was pretty cool.

and i gotta co-sign everyone who mentioned the wild life adding a much welcomed dimension to the game. sitting back in the bushes watching a bear chase a group of deer, then a couple of pirates drive up and decide to fight the beer for no good reason is hysterical.

Plexxx

Return of the G
Daps
Reppin
Mobile, AL
picked this up today after reading this thread and hearing good things from other people. shyt is :wow: im only a couple hours in and haven't really done anything but fukk around.

had a crazy moment when i was trying to sneak up on some pirates. a couple of nikkas from my tribe rolled up out of nowhere and started shooting. during the fight a pack of dogs run up and attack everybody. im crouched down like :ohhh:. the dogs won and i just picked them off. :bryan:

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps

Props to everyone dropping knowledge. I mainly play games on console, so.... i don't know wtf I'm talking about when it comes to specs lol.

My point is it would be nice seeing this dopeness to its fullest capacity, on a large monitor.... but I'm not gonna shell out the dough for this one game. You're right, I don't want to see it THAT badly. That would involve time and money that I don't really care to commit to using.

And that's crazy with the sharks. I've had them basically chase me on the shore where I could shoot them in 3 foot deep water. I can't even fathom seeing that IRL.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I'm past the midway point of the second island and its getting a little repetitive but its still a really good game.

Main "good guy" characters are trash though. The story had potential but they kind of ruined it.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Props to everyone dropping knowledge. I mainly play games on console, so.... i don't know wtf I'm talking about when it comes to specs lol.

My point is it would be nice seeing this dopeness to its fullest capacity, on a large monitor.... but I'm not gonna shell out the dough for this one game. You're right, I don't want to see it THAT badly. That would involve time and money that I don't really care to commit to using.

And that's crazy with the sharks. I've had them basically chase me on the shore where I could shoot them in 3 foot deep water. I can't even fathom seeing that IRL.

Consoles are def more accesible to the average gamer, but if you decide to make the jump, its not as difficult to do as it may seem. There's a ton of info on here and the web to do it. A investment of 500 on average and you'll be cooking.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
That tiger killed like 3 buffalo while I was watching, nikka was out for blood :laugh:

screenshot0019dxu2l.png

screenshot0040nyuqi.png

screenshot0034gbu9q.png

screenshot0025shuxk.png

screenshot00307gz3p.png

screenshot00413nuju.png

Wally West

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
This shyt is dope...nothin better than plotting on how to take out a group of pirates, only to have a tiger roll up and do the work for you
:win:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Only thing that bothers me is there is no eating animation for the wildlife that hunt. They just kill for the fun of it.