Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Direct quote from this article-

"PS5 is easier to develop for overall and Sony has very talented studios behind it that will get the most out of the PS5, that I have no doubts about either, but this topic is about how Microsoft will compete so what I'm focused on. But when it comes to cross-platform games, they will end up performing a lot better on Xbox X. Xbox X will have the tech advantage over PS5, and it will be more than marginable"

Basically through this whole article all he really says is the Xbox has more raw horsepower so devs can brute force better performance without having to do as much optimization and that Microsoft has the money to take the loss and undercut Sony on console prices.

Which isn't really new or surprising. We know the Series X has stronger hardware in it and we know Microsoft is loaded, just odd the thread title is PS5 harder to develop for than Series X when there is a quote in the article itself saying PS5 is easier overall :russ:
Considering a neg for op for making me use deductive reasoning to see contradictions n shyt

Half A $

Pro
Daps
He was misquoted and clarified, you continue to run with a narrative that suits your emotions

Narrative :russ:

Halo delayed to next year and you think these games with CG trailers that just started production will be out in the next 1-2 years :picard:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Polorious GCN TF vs RDNA TF don't equal out.

Throw out the 6 vs 4.2TF argument of the Xbox One X vs the PS4 Pro because the gains of power/efficiency from moving from GCN tech to RDNA tech are substantial.

Navi-Slide-21.jpg

Navi-Slide-20.jpg

The sheer difference in TF numbers is obscuring that it isn't just about raw numbers. AMD hasn't put out a direct comparison between the two types of teraflop but that hasn't stopped others from doing so. This german site tried to do it to pretty good results. Downclocking so that a GCN card had 1TF and an RDNA card was 1TF

AMD Radeon RX 5700 und RX 5700 XT im Test: Architektur-Vergleich, Preis-Leistung, Custom Designs (Update)''
Basically you target and say I want full GPU and the CPU underclocks so the Power Budget keeps the GPU clock high. The Power that would have been CPU Reserved goes over to the GPU to keep it's clock more stable, and since the CPU is now lower clocked, the more intense utilisation or instructions will not tip the Power Balance - well, that is for a game that is also not Absolutely thrashing both.
indeed this Info comes from people who work on the Thing.

Basically, if the Gpu is at 10.2 TF, the cpu is not at 3.5 GHz.
navi-vs-polaris-768x107.png

navi-vs-polaris-benchmark-768x236.png

What they are saying is that a RDNA TF outperforms a GCN card by 40%

Xbox Series X is 12.1TF with fixed clocks
PS5 is 10.3TF overclocked with a boost mode and that will not always be sustainable.

There was going to be a difference once we saw the specs shown, there was always going to be a difference. So, when you have the console with more shader units, faster ram and faster CPU than the Original TF of 9.2 and the theoretical peaks of 10.2 TF and 3.5Ghz on the PS5, this was all the easy part to figure out. At no point in time will you ever see in console gaming where variable frequencies are better than fixed frequencies. A part of me believes that this was done to get to a double digit TF number to have on spec sheets.

One of the digital foundry guys here

NX Gamer: PS5 Full Spec Analysis | A new generation is Born

Sony's games will be Sony's games and they will likely continue to be great. I've said it before and I'll say it again. What we see as the PS5, I fully believe that this isn't what it was supposed to be. I don't know if it was supposed to come out last year but that 9.2TF number on Github was real. I think that the 12TF number spooked them to the point that we now have what we see as the PS5. I'm not calling it shytty or not worth money, I'm just saying I have a hunch that when Mark Cerny set out to create the PS5, he was given a $399 mandate like he was for the PS4 and was going to hit another grand slam. However, when Sony learned that Microsoft was going to make what appears to be another $499 console but there wasn't going to be a bullshyt camera in there this time around, adding $150 to the MSRP, they had to move and hence we get this, PS5 to the consumers, PS5.5 to the engineers. Another reason I say this? Why is the market leader scared to release a price? For both, this has been ridiculous but for Sony, you had over 100 million console purchases last gen. Again, my hunch, there is a heavy R&D burden on the PS5 that won't be entirely revealed with a strip down of the bill of materials and they are hoping that Microsoft prices high so that they can price high and it doesn't come off as a crazy price to the consumer. This obviously has no impact on sales, etc., I'm merely discussing what I think is part of the history of this console. It has taken on some weird things, far weirder than I am accustomed to seeing, especially from a console developer that should be moving from a position of strength.

Here are some reference points for you all to remember

Code:
Console    Price    Price Date Announced    Where?    Release Date
PlayStation 1    $299    May 11th 1995    E3    September 9, 1995
PlayStation 2    $299    May 13th 2000    E3    October 26th 2000
PlayStation 3    $499-$599    May 8th 2006    E3    November 11th 2006
PlayStation 4    $399    June 11th 2013    E3    November 15th 2013
PlayStation 5    ???    ???    ???    ???

Obviously, there is no E3 but we are in August now. We know that Microsoft is trying to undercut Sony but as a market leader, Sony shouldn't be playing the same game so that is why I think it has to do with the cost of the console and what it will take to get it to market.

My $0.02 anyways.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying.

I was just saying that the roughly 20% difference in TF and added bandwidth don't equal 1080p/60 to 4K60 difference.

None of those graphs you posted hold any weight since none of these consoles use GCN or RDNA 1.

They are based on RDNA 2 and we don't have any relative performance for it yet.

And when it comes to the price Mark Cerny was given to develop around, I'm sure they were given a budget and in this budget he allocated most of it to the SSD and its custom controller.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Narrative :russ:

Halo delayed to next year and you think these games with CG trailers that just started production will be out in the next 1-2 years :picard:
Do I think? I do more than think, see, this isn't my first rodeo so to speak. Do you remember 2013? Are you aware this same approach took place 7yrs ago?

Go look up history and act brand new

Daps
Reppin
Green

This is terrible. Another generation, another lie.

Xbox disappointed me but I rather get an Xbox Series X if I can play my old games, old controller and not have to worry about new games. :facepalm: