Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is kind've my point actually.

You say that as if 4k 60 will be any easier.

My point is they should use 2560x1440 to get more frames instead of sacrificing frames so they can say it's 4k.

And I just beat Witcher 3 at 1440 on my 2070 and got between 80-100 fps in my play through on high.

But yea you are kind've arguing the same point as me. That hardware isn't strong enough to focus on 4k, so we should focus on maximizing framerate on 2k.

The difference in fidelity to the naked eye between 2k and 4k imo is not worth the sacrifice in framerate given the strength of available hardware.

Not to mention I have a feeling these companies aiming for 4k 60fps are really going to be more like 4k 45fps as they target 60 but fail half the time.

3080ti will be able to do 4k 60 with next gen games, and run current gen games at 120 at 4k

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
3080ti will be able to do 4k 60 with next gen games, and run current gen games at 120 at 4k
Ok? What's that have to do with what we are discussing? :dwillhuh:

I plan on getting a 3080 but I totally expect it to be hard to get and super expensive too.

I thought we were discussing console developers and them prioritizing resolution over framerate though.

My point is simple. I would rather Xbox Series X and PS5 dev's focus on 1440 and maximize fluidity than push for 4k so they can hit marketing buzz words.

I also think 4k 60fps is a bit of a pipe dream for this gen. Maybe down the line as they master their dev tricks, but it's like you said. Even the strongest hardware out now barely can do it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I plan on getting a 3080 but I totally expect it to be hard to get and super expensive too.

I thought we were discussing console developers and them prioritizing resolution over framerate though.

My point is simple. I would rather Xbox Series X and PS5 dev's focus on 1440 and maximize fluidity than push for 4k so they can hit marketing buzz words.

I also think 4k 60fps is a bit of a pipe dream for this gen. Maybe down the line as they master their dev tricks, but it's like you said. Even the strongest hardware out now barely can do it.

What do mean what are we discussing

next gen is right around the corner and the only the best PC card which isn't even out now will be able to do 4k 60fps on games like Cyber Punk

I would rather play that in 4k 60fps, than 1080p 120 frames any day of week

what don't you understand

if you wanna play old games at high frame rates go right ahead do it lmao

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
What do mean what are we discussing

next gen is right around the corner and the only the best PC card which isn't even out now will be able to do 4k 60fps on games like Cyber Punk

I would rather play that in 4k 60fps, than 1080p 120 frames any day of week

what don't you understand

if you wanna play old games at high frame rates go right ahead do it lmao
I never said I prefer 1080 120fps to 4k 60fps. I only mentioned 1080p as anecdotal evidence of PC players preferring framerate over resolution.

I am explicitly arguing for 1440 over 4k this gen, because I think 4k 60fps will be hard to attain on the hardware next gen consoles are using, and those resources would be better allocated to a higher framerate at 1440p.

You are essentially arguing the same exact thing as me and too dense to realize it. I'm done carry on.

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

4k has been the buzzword and all the TVs being sold are 4k. I agree with you, but the mass public, at least on the console side is more worried about great graphics than great performance. I wouldn't be surprised if you get as many or more proponents for 4k30 than 1440\144+

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
There will always be developers that go for better graphics over higher resolution no matter how powerful the console is.

Say the new Horizon runs at 1440p. Well if they realy wanted to they could scale back enough things to make it run at 4k. But it's the choice they make.
This is true. Especially for single player games. 25-30fps has become accepted normal for single player story games on console. So dev's just push games as far as they can within that parameter.

Tbh it can be tolerable in single player games too. For instance I played GOW in the res mode over the framerate mode cause the jaggies bothered me :yeshrug:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
4k has been the buzzword and all the TVs being sold are 4k. I agree with you, but the mass public, at least on the console side is more worried about great graphics than great performance. I wouldn't be surprised if you get as many or more proponents for 4k30 than 1440\144+
I fully expect 4k 30 fps in a lot of games. I would bet you are 100 percent right.