Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Like Horizon? Or Mortal Kombat or Assassin Creed? or Deus ex or batman Arkham? or Nier? And that's off the top of my head...
I couldnt wait 3 years for no horizon. the others i gives zero fukks about and downloaded half of em for free and played on my pc with better graphics :manny:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I'm sure this is true. The SSD has to be a tenant of the development process.

But considering how big the Sony install base is likely to be I'm sure they will figure it out in the name of selling copies.

Unfortunately brute strength can be a gift and a curse. Because you can leave a game bloated and poorly optimized and it won't matter cause you can just shove it through anyway.

This is why sometimes PC ports run like shyt even though the hardware should substantially increase performance, cause devs have gotten lazy optimizing for PC cause it'll run 'good enough' anyway.

It's also why you see games like TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima looking more visually stunning than almost everything out on 7 year old hardware that was mid range even 7 years ago. Cause they are first party studios dedicated to the machine specifically. Also very talented.
While you was monologing you forgot that the xbox series x is a console and not a PC, nor does it have problems running this game in its current build in higher than 1080p/60fps :umad:

And let's not do the optimizations thing because we have back compatibility and them bytches optimized too :blessed:
but thats the reason we want the ps5 to begin with, if the game multiplat......we'd buy it for the PC which blows all the above out :dwillhuh:
Most ppl don't have PC's more powerful than current gen systems. Very few can match next gen systems, none can match the storage solutions as of today and when we talking price comparisons that's where you lose. On top of that lol at playing sports games exclusively on PC.
They can't wow people with Series X games because they haven't got a single Series X only game coming out this year or the next.

Halo Infinite is cross gen which is why it is what it is, Forze, Avowed, State of Decay, Fable etc are years away and are only Series X game.

Remember Phil said for the next two years all Series X games will be on Xbox1, he aint lying since the Series X only games are years away.
He was misquoted and clarified, you continue to run with a narrative that suits your emotions
An actual developer slapped down his bullshyt in that thread. :mjlol:
WLIM

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
Most ppl don't have PC's more powerful than current gen systems. Very few can match next gen systems, none can match the storage solutions as of today and when we talking price comparisons that's where you lose. On top of that lol at playing sports games exclusively on PC.
I work with graphic rendering computers. have been for over 10 yrs. my home laptop is pretty up there and no the prices arent matched cause the amount of free games you can get on torrent is 3 grand in itself lol.

and who the hell plays sports games on a pc?

and most home pcs can handle the games he listed :flabbynsick:

a teenager can get on their mom's 1050gtx and play GTA 5. point is, he not only didnt buy the pc, he didnt even buy the game :heh:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
What a cluster fukk this whole launch is for both companies.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Here's the problem: what is the compelling reason to get an Xbox? PS5 exclusives are only on PS5. But everything multi-plat I want to play, I'm gonna cop on my PC and run at >=60fps. Where is the gameplay to wow me on an Xbox? Is it solely intended for people who don't want to buy a gaming PC? Where is the thing that would make someone want to go out and get one for something, instead of just because November is gonna be upgrade time so you upgrade to keep play the same CoD/2k/NFL/Fortnite groupings of most people out there?

Doing the X1X ruined this company.
Realizing that they can just live off of upscaling the baseline content from the 1/1S because most of their market only plays those 4 above games/game-types and their planned transition into a gamepass service primarily doesn't depend on graphical fidelity... but also noting that they can get people to buy an upgrade to something they already had just to be able to dikk-swing (:dame:) on others over how much more 'power' they have... bad combination. Very bad. Because it incentivized empty statements like 'game plays best on X1X' knowing damn well most multiplats are frame-locked and running multiplats best means fukk-all if your landmark exclusives are dramatically lesser. Having access to the better exclusives + able to play multiplats OK >>>>>> being able to play multiplats 'best' and... I guess... Sunset Overdrive?

Microsoft has decided to go with a hardward-leading strategy despite being a goddamned software company. It's idiotic. We're bumping our heads against the level of graphical fidelity detectable by the human eye. But while there's still that gap there... why aren't they showing something radical their new system can do and offer now? Use that bit of time, Microsoft. I'm begging you, here.

Because if their only concrete selling point going into November is 'Cyberpunk will look better on XSX!!!' when NVIDIA will have dropped all four 3000 series by then and AMD possibly having out the 6000s... shyt finna be dark days ahead.
Hit them stone cold facts...:wow:
I keep asking that shyt myself why buy an X1X if All your games is available on PC....:what: you hustling backwards fam...

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, it's 2006 on reverse all of a sudden.

When the PS3 was launching, the word was that it didn't matter of it was harder to develop for, the fact that it was a more powerful console was going to carry it.

And then developers struggled to brute force games onto the platform because the 360 was the easier platform to develop for. I remember XBox stans cooking hard on that shyt back then.

Here we are years later and the situation is reversed, and all of a sudden, according to this thread, ease of development doesn't matter?

Good to know. :mjlol:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

When the PS3 was launching, the word was that it didn't matter of it was harder to develop for, the fact that it was a more powerful console was going to carry it.

And then developers struggled to brute force games onto the platform because the 360 was the easier platform to develop for. I remember XBox stans cooking hard on that shyt back then.

Here we are years later and the situation is reversed, and all of a sudden, according to this thread, ease of development doesn't matter?

Whatever happened t that cell processing chip tho?!?:jbhmm: that shyt was giving devs Al kinds of headaches...:mjlol: kojima figured that shyt out easy....

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Bruh.... The xbox 360 just like the xbox series x has a stronger GPU than Sony. Your entire understanding of reality is based in Sony. Why does Sony get away with lying to their base? Seems very trump supporterish imo
Whatever happened t that cell processing chip tho?!?:jbhmm: that shyt was giving devs Al kinds of headaches...:mjlol: kojima figured that shyt out easy....
Gears of war:hula: splinter cell shyts on mgs4 but hey, some nikkaz think hiding under cardboard boxes is what's hot :yeshrug:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
yall in here arguing about bs when the real takeaway is none of these new consoles should have a problem doing 1080/60....wtf kinda bullshyt is that

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Few things on why this is a non-issue:

First. Just by looking at the full spec sheets, there is no reason why Xbox S X and PS5 would have such a large disparity in resolution that would deem it news worthy. There is no unknown magic feature in either console that will separate them from the other. Any current disparity that large would be due to the game/engine being primarily developed on for PC and throwing the exact same build onto the PS5 due to Sony’s mandate without any optimization for the GPU/CPU feature set (similar to how Horizon ZD was ported to PC)

FinalIy, I find it hard to believe that any dev has a game running on Series X so far out from release when to this date, we havent seen any game publicly shown that is actually running on Series X hardware. Even Halo was running on PC and not Series X and this game launches in 3 months. So I don’t even believe this guys claim at its base level.

Polorious GCN TF vs RDNA TF don't equal out.

Throw out the 6 vs 4.2TF argument of the Xbox One X vs the PS4 Pro because the gains of power/efficiency from moving from GCN tech to RDNA tech are substantial.

Navi-Slide-21.jpg

Navi-Slide-20.jpg

The sheer difference in TF numbers is obscuring that it isn't just about raw numbers. AMD hasn't put out a direct comparison between the two types of teraflop but that hasn't stopped others from doing so. This german site tried to do it to pretty good results. Downclocking so that a GCN card had 1TF and an RDNA card was 1TF

AMD Radeon RX 5700 und RX 5700 XT im Test: Architektur-Vergleich, Preis-Leistung, Custom Designs (Update)''
Basically you target and say I want full GPU and the CPU underclocks so the Power Budget keeps the GPU clock high. The Power that would have been CPU Reserved goes over to the GPU to keep it's clock more stable, and since the CPU is now lower clocked, the more intense utilisation or instructions will not tip the Power Balance - well, that is for a game that is also not Absolutely thrashing both.
indeed this Info comes from people who work on the Thing.

Basically, if the Gpu is at 10.2 TF, the cpu is not at 3.5 GHz.
navi-vs-polaris-768x107.png

navi-vs-polaris-benchmark-768x236.png

What they are saying is that a RDNA TF outperforms a GCN card by 40%

Xbox Series X is 12.1TF with fixed clocks
PS5 is 10.3TF overclocked with a boost mode and that will not always be sustainable.

There was going to be a difference once we saw the specs shown, there was always going to be a difference. So, when you have the console with more shader units, faster ram and faster CPU than the Original TF of 9.2 and the theoretical peaks of 10.2 TF and 3.5Ghz on the PS5, this was all the easy part to figure out. At no point in time will you ever see in console gaming where variable frequencies are better than fixed frequencies. A part of me believes that this was done to get to a double digit TF number to have on spec sheets.

One of the digital foundry guys here

NX Gamer: PS5 Full Spec Analysis | A new generation is Born

Basically you target and say I want full GPU and the CPU underclocks so the Power Budget keeps the GPU clock high. The Power that would have been CPU Reserved goes over to the GPU to keep it's clock more stable, and since the CPU is now lower clocked, the more intense utilisation or instructions will not tip the Power Balance - well, that is for a game that is also not Absolutely thrashing both.
indeed this Info comes from people who work on the Thing.

Basically, if the Gpu is at 10.2 TF, the cpu is not at 3.5 GHz. Like most games on the PS5, they will push the GPU Max profile and the CPU will be lower than the 3.5Ghz.

Sony's games will be Sony's games and they will likely continue to be great. I've said it before and I'll say it again. What we see as the PS5, I fully believe that this isn't what it was supposed to be. I don't know if it was supposed to come out last year but that 9.2TF number on Github was real. I think that the 12TF number spooked them to the point that we now have what we see as the PS5. I'm not calling it shytty or not worth money, I'm just saying I have a hunch that when Mark Cerny set out to create the PS5, he was given a $399 mandate like he was for the PS4 and was going to hit another grand slam. However, when Sony learned that Microsoft was going to make what appears to be another $499 console but there wasn't going to be a bullshyt camera in there this time around, adding $150 to the MSRP, they had to move and hence we get this, PS5 to the consumers, PS5.5 to the engineers. Another reason I say this? Why is the market leader scared to release a price? For both, this has been ridiculous but for Sony, you had over 100 million console purchases last gen. Again, my hunch, there is a heavy R&D burden on the PS5 that won't be entirely revealed with a strip down of the bill of materials and they are hoping that Microsoft prices high so that they can price high and it doesn't come off as a crazy price to the consumer. This obviously has no impact on sales, etc., I'm merely discussing what I think is part of the history of this console. It has taken on some weird things, far weirder than I am accustomed to seeing, especially from a console developer that should be moving from a position of strength.

Here are some reference points for you all to remember

Code:
Console    Price    Price Date Announced    Where?    Release Date
PlayStation 1    $299    May 11th 1995    E3    September 9, 1995
PlayStation 2    $299    May 13th 2000    E3    October 26th 2000
PlayStation 3    $499-$599    May 8th 2006    E3    November 11th 2006
PlayStation 4    $399    June 11th 2013    E3    November 15th 2013
PlayStation 5    ???    ???    ???    ???

Obviously, there is no E3 but we are in August now. We know that Microsoft is trying to undercut Sony but as a market leader, Sony shouldn't be playing the same game so that is why I think it has to do with the cost of the console and what it will take to get it to market.

My $0.02 anyways.