Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Have you found a job that allows you to adequately provide for your family yet?

They eat off the joy I get from telling the truth about these consoles.
maxresdefault.jpg

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
They eat off the joy I get from telling the truth about these consoles. Are you aware that the theoretical power of the ps5 is really 9.2 teraflops and if you rated the xbox series x using the same scale Sony is using then the series x is 14.6 teraflops :wow:

Is a 5 teraflop advantage big enough to notice along with way more computational units? I know the cell hardware boosted more compute units, and it mattered then. Just staying on topic, seems to upset ppl :win:
You don't even have to be tech savvy to know this is bullshyt. :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Does OP even play video games or just spend his time on here copping pleas?
Gamertag = Courtdog

That's what you call "receipts"

What does that have to do with the threads topic tho? I could have never played a game and Sony still would be keeping it mandatory. You'd have to cop pleas tho to explain this deflection you doing right now:sitdown:
What’s this thread even about? I’ve read the op and it makes zero sense
The link itself says what this thread is about. Maybe your parental controls are still on so you can't see links?
You don't even have to be tech savvy to know this is bullshyt. :mjlol:
To know what is bullshyt :popcorn3:

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Direct quote from this article-

"PS5 is easier to develop for overall and Sony has very talented studios behind it that will get the most out of the PS5, that I have no doubts about either, but this topic is about how Microsoft will compete so what I'm focused on. But when it comes to cross-platform games, they will end up performing a lot better on Xbox X. Xbox X will have the tech advantage over PS5, and it will be more than marginable"

Basically through this whole article all he really says is the Xbox has more raw horsepower so devs can brute force better performance without having to do as much optimization and that Microsoft has the money to take the loss and undercut Sony on console prices.

Which isn't really new or surprising. We know the Series X has stronger hardware in it and we know Microsoft is loaded, just odd the thread title is PS5 harder to develop for than Series X when there is a quote in the article itself saying PS5 is easier overall :russ:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Direct quote from this article-

"PS5 is easier to develop for overall and Sony has very talented studios behind it that will get the most out of the PS5, that I have no doubts about either, but this topic is about how Microsoft will compete so what I'm focused on. But when it comes to cross-platform games, they will end up performing a lot better on Xbox X. Xbox X will have the tech advantage over PS5, and it will be more than marginable"

Basically through this whole article all he really says is the Xbox has more raw horsepower so devs can brute force better performance without having to do as much optimization and that Microsoft has the money to take the loss and undercut Sony on console prices.

Which isn't really new or surprising. We know the Series X has stronger hardware in it and we know Microsoft is loaded, just odd the thread title is PS5 harder to develop for than Series X when there is a quote in the article itself saying PS5 is easier overall :russ:
:unimpressed:

Miss key details breh

"PS5 is easier to develop for if the game is exclusive."

As it should be

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
:unimpressed:

Miss key details breh

"PS5 is easier to develop for if the game is exclusive."

As it should be
I copy and pasted the quote directly from your article breh:francis:

Verbatim he says PS5 is easier to develop for overall. In fact YOU added if the game is exclusive :russ: You took two parts of the article and combined them in one sentence.

I see the part of the article you're referring too, doesn't change the fact he previously stated, OVERALL it's easier to develop for.

OVERALL.

So either he meant overall, cause you know, he said overall, or he's contradicting himself in his own article.

It's all unsubstantiated conjecture anyway really. Basically what it comes down too is the Series X is strong enough to brute force, which makes devs lazy optimizing for less powerful hardware.

You see this on PC ports a lot.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I copy and pasted the quote directly from your article breh:francis:

Verbatim he says PS5 is easier to develop for overall. In fact YOU added if the game is exclusive :russ:

"The basic gist of what I've heard is the PS5 is really good to work on for games exclusive to it, but in practice the specs kinda get weird for multi-platform games"

In a nutshell (and I've said this months ago)

The playstation is probably easier to develop for with the help of the SSD (exclusive games) , but that becomes a problem for 3rd party dev's that can get more juice out of the XSX. So now how do you optimize? Do you optimize for playstation or the power of the XSX? And dev's are like hardware and car junkies that always want to get as much juice out of whatever they building or tweaking. So having to scale back isn't going to sit right for a lot of them I'm sure. So now they have to do extra work to make sure the PS version doesn't look completely inferior to the XSX version.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
In a nutshell (and I've said this months ago)

The playstation is probably easier to develop for with the help of the SSD (exclusive games) , but that becomes a problem for 3rd party dev's that can get more juice out of the XSX. So now how do you optimize? Do you optimize for playstation or the power of the XSX? And dev's are like hardware and car junkies that always want to get as much juice out of whatever they building or tweaking. So having to scale back isn't going to sit right for a lot of them I'm sure. So now they have to do extra work to make sure the PS version doesn't look completely inferior to the XSX version.

I'm sure this is true. The SSD has to be a tenant of the development process.

But considering how big the Sony install base is likely to be I'm sure they will figure it out in the name of selling copies.

Unfortunately brute strength can be a gift and a curse. Because you can leave a game bloated and poorly optimized and it won't matter cause you can just shove it through anyway.

This is why sometimes PC ports run like shyt even though the hardware should substantially increase performance, cause devs have gotten lazy optimizing for PC cause it'll run 'good enough' anyway.

It's also why you see games like TLOU 2 and Ghost of Tsushima looking more visually stunning than almost everything out on 7 year old hardware that was mid range even 7 years ago. Cause they are first party studios dedicated to the machine specifically. Also very talented.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbots wanna talk about power again? :russ:

The One X was more powerful than the Pro and multiplatform games looked better on it but overall what was the point? Y’all were playing Grounded and Bleeding Edge on your super powerful box whilst PlayStation Pro owners were playing TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima

Most third party games on both platforms next gen will look almost identical with the Series X slightly better but it won’t make any difference just like it didn’t this gen.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbots wanna talk about power again? :russ:

The One X was more powerful than the Pro and multiplatform games looked better on it but overall what was the point? Y’all were playing Grounded and Bleeding Edge on your super powerful box whilst PlayStation Pro owners were playing TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima

Most third party games on both platforms next gen will look almost identical with the Series X slightly better but it won’t make any difference just like it didn’t this gen.
:umad:

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Few things on why this is a non-issue:

First. Just by looking at the full spec sheets, there is no reason why Xbox S X and PS5 would have such a large disparity in resolution that would deem it news worthy. There is no unknown magic feature in either console that will separate them from the other. Any current disparity that large would be due to the game/engine being primarily developed on for PC and throwing the exact same build onto the PS5 due to Sony’s mandate without any optimization for the GPU/CPU feature set (similar to how Horizon ZD was ported to PC)

FinalIy, I find it hard to believe that any dev has a game running on Series X so far out from release when to this date, we havent seen any game publicly shown that is actually running on Series X hardware. Even Halo was running on PC and not Series X and this game launches in 3 months. So I don’t even believe this guys claim at its base level.