Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Back in the original Xbox all they had was halo and the better graphics of their gen but lacked games

X360 they were able to get ahead in the beginning and looked to have a great turn around especially with ps3 starting so slow and being 600 bucks with a horrible E3 talking about crabs or something and a fake killzone trailer. But then Sony caught up with games and went way beyond cuz of their in house studio advantage

Then Xbox one well Microsoft had a bad E3 and miscalculated their vision of a disc free gaming world ...i think it would have been really cool but console gamers weren't ready for it and they also still never tried to achieve parity with gaming studios and bet the horse on Kinect being viable and studios didn't support it

Sony still has their studio advantage thus more variety and options and came out with a reasonable plus cheaper price then Xbox at launch

So Microsoft got a little arrogant coming in more expensive and they really ain't have the developers to warrant that. One x looks amazing but without exclusive experiences it just lacks depth outside of having the best looking version of the multi plat games like the original Xbox....i still remember the Riddikk game and ESPN 2k5 just looking amazing on Xbox in 2005

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
In my opinion Xbox started to go awry about 2010. It was around the time developers finally got to grips with the cell on ps3.

It was around the time that fewer exclusive games came out. It seems Microsoft has a five year plan for their consoles. After the five years little much comes after. The plan this gen was tv,tv, tv. The audience wanted games. With games taking 3-5 years to develop its far too late for Microsoft to drop anything with rave reviews before the new consoles come out.

Microsoft have been doing their best to reverse the trend but its a case of too little too late. Yes I like backwards compatibility but I also own a 360.

As an Xbox owner, there are no current exclusives that make me want to switch it on. I have played Gears of War 4. I own Forza Horizon give me something different.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It boils down to the xbox brand isn't as lucrative as other outlets for Microsoft. They are a big company so when it comes to gaming it's a meh approach. I mean they bought out the developer to Minecraft for christsakes there about games with big earning potential. Not to make this a stan thread but they don't like to take risks when it comes to IP thus why they cancelled Scalebound. They didn't see the earning potential of that game instead of riding it out and see.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
In my opinion Xbox started to go awry about 2010. It was around the time developers finally got to grips with the cell on ps3.

It was around the time that fewer exclusive games came out. It seems Microsoft has a five year plan for their consoles. After the five years little much comes after. The plan this gen was tv,tv, tv. The audience wanted games. With games taking 3-5 years to develop its far too late for Microsoft to drop anything with rave reviews before the new consoles come out.

Microsoft have been doing their best to reverse the trend but its a case of too little too late. Yes I like backwards compatibility but I also own a 360.

As an Xbox owner, there are no current exclusives that make me want to switch it on. I have played Gears of War 4. I own Forza Horizon give me something different.

Remember, you said things started to go bad in 2010 which is when the head of Microsoft Entertainment and Devices division and the Head of XBOX left the company. That’s when Don Mattrick got promoted to run the XBOX division and you remember his one liners “if you don’t like the always on requiremenr of the XBOX One...well get a 360”.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
You'd think Xbox One has a struggling Live community where brehs are spending most of their time playing old single player games because they are thirsting for an experience that PS4 gamers have...:what:

It truly is amazing how much tunnel vision exists when it comes to people's passions.:snoop:

Nothing tells me that PS4 gamers are - by and large -upset with the fact that Sony isn't out here doing the same thing with exclusive multiplayer games that they are doing with single player. They seem to be content with third party multiplayer experiences and 1st party single player.

Nothing tells me that Xbox gamers are - by and large - upset that with the fact that Msft isn't trying to replicate Sony's blockbuster single player model considering Msft seems to be focused on giving gamers exclusive multiplayer experience - PUBG, State of Decay, Halo, Gears, Sea of Thieves.
They seem content with third party single player experiences and 1st party multiplayer experiences.

How is it not simple to understand?:mindblown:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I dont htink anything has "happened" to MSFT, i think they are finding there niche in software services and PC lite hardware.

Regardless of what Spencer says, i think the focus is not on BIG exclusives and more on providing a steam box/htpc that plays all the latest and greatest games (3rd party).

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
There is also things like framerates which determine how smoothly a game runs. PC Lamers always had the option of what framerate they desired (thus making online gaming unbalanced but they don't give 2 shyts about stuff like that when they are literally raging a war against Terminator bots :francis:)

Then it was revealed that the mighty mighty xbox one x would be getting a PC'ish feature in the near future that would make framerate issues a thing of the past.. Coli, I present to you, the future of gaming, TODAY :banderas:

Maybe in 2020 ye other console gamers can hope for the best :manny:

So a thread on freesync gets bushed?
@Barnett114 why would you merge this?

Is it (correct me if I'm wrong) You being a lazy moderator you don't do your job. Then when enough Sony winners complain is when you actually do something? And do you think this is new :dwillhuh:

Look bruh, I'm not ever gonna title a thread the way you want it. My topics are top notch, and if it wasn't Then my threads wouldn't be popular. Nobody would post in them, they would fall to page 2 with the quickness. I often up threads of lames just so I can watch it fall back down the list :bryan:

But back to me, I seen all these Sony gamer makes an Xbox thread, then the same thread gets made and they act as if it's different. Maybe you seen it too? Well this freesync shyt ain't that is it? So you just being a lazy mod :stop:

How come you never stickied my real gamer thread, seems a little personal. The most trending thread in this section gets overlooked...why are you here?

Leave my shyt alone or I go. Simple as that, you need me more than I need you. You'll survive, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is not good for business. I'll be in the colosseum until you figure out what you wanna do champ :thumbsup:

It's been real Arcadium, I'm baaaaaaack off the grid :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So a thread on freesync gets bushed?
@Barnett114 why would you merge this?

Is it (correct me if I'm wrong) You being a lazy moderator you don't do your job. Then when enough Sony winners complain is when you actually do something? And do you think this is new :dwillhuh:

Look bruh, I'm not ever gonna title a thread the way you want it. My topics are top notch, and if it wasn't Then my threads wouldn't be popular. Nobody would post in them, they would fall to page 2 with the quickness. I often up threads of lames just so I can watch it fall back down the list :bryan:

But back to me, I seen all these Sony gamer makes an Xbox thread, then the same thread gets made and they act as if it's different. Maybe you seen it too? Well this freesync shyt ain't that is it? So you just being a lazy mod :stop:

How come you never stickied my real gamer thread, seems a little personal. The most trending thread in this section gets overlooked...why are you here?

Leave my shyt alone or I go. Simple as that, you need me more than I need you. You'll survive, but cutting off your nose to spite your face is not good for business. I'll be in the colosseum until you figure out what you wanna do champ :thumbsup:

It's been real Arcadium, I'm baaaaaaack off the grid :francis:
TWO out of the possible 3 GOTY games this year are PS4 exclusives :wow: