Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
They used to create legends.

I found myself perusing old Youtube videos and ran across this.

Check out this promo video for Halo 3. Yes it's 4 minutes long you ADHD having prick... just watch it.

Microsoft used to care about the craft. They used to create legends.

They were absolutely at the top of their game with this shyt.

What the hell happened?

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I mean, yea. But the title alone makes that a stan thread.

I'm asking what changed strategically from 2007 to get MS where they are (or aren't) today.

Did they just say fukk it?

Is there not any profit in games anymore?

Mostly though I just wanted brehs to watch the video again.

The thread title is an article from Kotaku :dahell:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Um, they became an even more successful company after Win10 came out. Unlike Sony, M$ is a making a shytload of money. Gaming just isn’t a priority for M$ like it is for Sony. Call it resting on their laurels, or whatever, but M$ doesn’t need a console to save them. It’s an unpopular fact, but Sony needs their PlayStation brand to be successful, while M$ doesn’t need the Xbox brand to succeed. M$ is transitioning the Xbox brand to a multi platform experience (hence why all their “exclusives” are on PC too). The xbox 1 is an entertainment system (i.e. its a great 4K box; much better than the PS4).

Basically Sony needs a win more than M$ does, and they’ve been focusing more effort on making their console successful. It’s as simple as that. When you need it, you work harder. When you don’t need it, you become complacent.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
Um, they became an even more successful company after Win10 came out. Unlike Sony, M$ is a making a shytload of money. Gaming just isn’t a priority for M$ like it is for Sony. Call it resting on their laurels, or whatever, but M$ doesn’t need a console to save them. It’s an unpopular fact, but Sony needs their PlayStation brand to be successful, while M$ doesn’t need the Xbox brand to succeed. M$ is transitioning the Xbox brand to a multi platform experience (hence why all their “exclusives” are on PC too). The xbox 1 is an entertainment system (i.e. its a great 4K box; much better than the PS4).

Basically Sony needs a win more than M$ does, and they’ve been focusing more effort on making their console successful. It’s as simple as that. When you need it, you work harder. When you don’t need it, you become complacent.

Aaaaaand it's a stan thread now... :rolleyes:

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
They never developed their own game studios; just moneyhatted third party exclusives. Even Halo was a third party game.

That's a good point. But I feel like MS were the ones behind the marketing at least. Could be wrong.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
You must not know who I am and how I do shyt. :francis:

I don’t Stan anything. I have a PS4 pro, X1X, Switch and a very, very nice gaming PC. I play on everything. If anything, I’m a PC stan (as I put a ridiculous amount of money in my pc), but, I try to be unbiased. I get no benefit from stanning a company. I simply spoke facts. Take em for what they’re worth :francis:

Last edited:

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I mean, yea. But the title alone makes that a stan thread.

I'm asking what changed strategically from 2007 to get MS where they are (or aren't) today.

Did they just say fukk it?

Is there not any profit in games anymore?

Mostly though I just wanted brehs to watch the video again.

You see such a huge difference because the two guys who founded and ran the XBOX division (J. Allard and Robbie Bach) left the company around 2010. The XBOX 360 had already been out for 5 years at that point so its momentum masked the fact that the division had been handed over to a bunch of fukktards who couldn’t tell an XBOX from a VCR. This team of dipshyts went full steam on the next generation of the console whixh led to the disasterous and out of touch XBOX One launch. To summarize, Microsoft basically lost the only people that knew the market...

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

i'm going with this... microsoft truly doesn't care. i've always been about sony since ps1. that's just what i've been familiar with and what i game on. that lead to me loving their first party games. but i always had an xbox too.. xbox, 360, kinect... it wasn't my fav but it was worth a buy. the games were there. the innovation was there.. it seemed like they gave a fukk enough for me to buy them when a slim version came

all the sudden it seems like they said fukk all this. it's not like they don't have the money. they could throw gta money at a game and not flinch... they are rich as fukk. if they wanted their gaming division to be at least competitive, i'm sure they'd be doing so right now

i really wish they would. it's better with competition. two sets of teams, working against each other, to have the best shyt, first... it pushes you.. you can take what they did, what you didn't think of, and build on it. hopefully they come back next gen with some amazing shyt... i'd rather have both

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It was a stan thread when you made it:comeon:

Microsoft is doing just fine. If you owned the system you would know it.

I’m all about Multiplayer and rarely have time or care about Sonys PS4 single player bullshyts (aside from Shadow of the Colossus and Spiderman. Persona was dope too)

Everything else, IDC about and everything multiplat is getting bought on my 1X