Fanboy Thread of Eternal Suffering

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
I don't understand why this question has solicited such a wide range of emotional responses... actually I do but pointing it out makes me a "liberal" :smugdraper:

It's still $300

Now off the premise of this thread, if you're a gamer to the point you're buying two or more consoles to game, do you really take the series s over the X just to save $200 :usure:

The alternative is the PC route but to have a PC equivalent to what the series x is capable of would cost far more than even the $200 difference we talking here. I don't get how that's the supposed logical companion to a ps5 purchase but a series x is not?

The entire premise of buying a series s and ps5 sounds like the thought process of a young adult who can't afford both at launch, and has an impulse disorder like THE MAJORITY OF YOU HERE HAVE :francis:

Why not just buy a series x when you can afford it (however longer it would take for you to scrape up $200) The series s is geared toward gamers who don't have 4k TVs, that can't afford the newer tv sets that have HDMI 2.1/VRR/etc. The series S makes it so those gamers don't have to shell out $2000 just to have a true next gen experience. There's a pandemic going on today is affecting everyone differently. That fact is lost in the forum console war. but I digress...

mentality smarter nikkaz will clown you for being dumb as fukk, broke nikkaz ain't buying 2 consoles is my point you smart dumb nikka. But that's the stance you fukking idiots have taken. I see it here, neogaf, Twitter, YouTube comments section. Y'all nikkaz repeat narratives as one. You are mentally challenged imo if we're keeping it 100

:mjlol:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Cause after PS2, my pops copped a 360 while I was in college.

came back one weekend and played it & just got used to it. Been playing XBox ever since :yeshrug:

I’ll buy the new one eventually.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
800px-Yamcha_found_dead.jpg

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are a huge Xbox stan that try to pretend you not, let's not even skip that.

Here's proof:
Meach makes this thread

https://www.thecoli.com/threads/wit...-has-become-the-goat-gaming-situation.806409/
You dap the first post up which is basically "detail level stannery" and dap his response to me clowning him.

Meach goes "Stan a microsoft game :mjlol: Sony stans :mjlol:" in the Deathloop thread,a thread that had NO ONE stanning or arguing and you dap that post up.
https://www.thecoli.com/posts/39183090/

You never call out Meach and em but you always want to put on this fake "Oh I'm just for the games" persona when the heat is in the kitchen and Xbox is being cooked. The fact you say "turns into a one dimensonal stan war" shows me you only see what you want to see. You see stannery when it's from Sony stans but somehow you are blind to the Xbox stannery though I admit there's more Sony bias here since they're more dominant everywhere.

When @iceberg_is_on_fire is making detailed stannery posts about how Microsoft will take over the gaming industry and make detailed "concern" posts about something Playstation related you quiet but let me or someone else do it and you suddenly want to throw a white flag claiming it's stannery if I go back and forth with someone.

What do I think about this thread? Nothing, it's dumb and a click away from another thread. There's threads made every day all day and you complaining about one thread someone makes detracting the quality of the forum as if this forum is on schedule to be reviewed by some higher authority. :mjlol:
You seem hurt. You ok buddy?
?:mjlol:

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
What about the part where the more popular dark souls series hasn't sold that well across 3 platforms. I like it, I'm not saying it shouldn't exist. The hype is bigger than the substance is my point, you acting like it's top 3 in genre/anticipation/whatever? Nah bruh, that's not even close to accurate

We talking about a niche company, who makes quirky niche content and have elevated to a status where they have G.R.R.M. writing the whole lore bible for their next series and also had a partnership deal with Activision for their last. You can not like the series but because it isn't making the blockbuster numbers as whatever franchise you want to compare it to you can't deny it's been one of the biggest series consistently the lest two gens.

From Wikipedia:

As of March 2015, Demon's Souls had sold an estimated 1.7 million copies,[93] while as of June 2019, the Dark Souls series had sold over 25 million copies worldwide.[94][95] Dark Souls III broke sales records upon release, with the title being the fastest-selling game in Bandai Namco's history, selling over three million copies worldwide a month after its international release.[96][97] By May 2020, the series had sold over 27 million copies.[98]

It ain't pennies my guy for the tier they've come from. Fromsoft only major minuses is their graphics and polish otherwise their world building and lore rival some of the biggest in the industry. You can't deny the impact.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
the price drop doesn’t seem worth it with what is being lost in specs

with the PS5 SE vs DE...your getting the same console spec-wise minus the drive

with the XSS you losing the drive and a lot of power...only seems worth it imo if you skipped xbox this gen

You're right, but I didn't think the average consumer was savvy enough to realize this.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
We talking about a niche company, who makes quirky niche content and have elevated to a status where they have G.R.R.M. writing the whole lore bible for their next series and also had a partnership deal with Activision for their last. You can not like the series but because it isn't making the blockbuster numbers as whatever franchise you want to compare it to you can't deny it's been one of the biggest series consistently the lest two gens.

From Wikipedia:

As of March 2015, Demon's Souls had sold an estimated 1.7 million copies,[93] while as of June 2019, the Dark Souls series had sold over 25 million copies worldwide.[94][95] Dark Souls III broke sales records upon release, with the title being the fastest-selling game in Bandai Namco's history, selling over three million copies worldwide a month after its international release.[96][97] By May 2020, the series had sold over 27 million copies.[98]

It ain't pennies my guy for the tier they've come from. Fromsoft only major minuses is their graphics and polish otherwise their world building and lore rival some of the biggest in the industry. You can't deny the impact.
27 million across 4 games and 3 remasters so 7 games on 3 consoles plus PC. Meanwhile sea of thieves has 15 million plus gamers but is considered a failure to the Sony fanbase. I never claimed it's a total failure, just not nearly as poplar as fans of the series claim

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
The real shocker to me is the ratio of people who want the XSX vs the XSS. I thought for sure people would jump on the one with the lower price point

Nah not right now, only “enthusiasts” care about preordering a console. XSX is clearly the sophisticated gamers preferred system.

The XSS is for the masses and soccer moms to get for Christmas...or a cheaper, more dependable console for the disenfranchised PS5 crew :lolbron:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Launch games have always been meh.

My favorite launch line up literally goes

Dreamcast
Xb1
PS2 (even though it didn't launch with a single 1st party game)

No other system made me want to purchase there system at launch because of the launch games