The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Who pissed in your cereal? Calm the fukk down. :stopitslime:

If you don't know what it is, look it up. That's the term I've seen Africans from Latin America using to describe their cultural identity in their writings on the topic so that's the term I used in my post.

I don't need to look it up; I live it. That's the problem- too much seeing and using terminology instead of experiencing things in real life and in real time.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I don't need to look it up; I live it. That's the problem- too much seeing and using terminology instead of experiencing things in real life and in real time.

So why ask me then? I'm not Afro-Latino. If you have a problem with the term you'll have to take that up with our brothers and sisters who have roots in Latin America.

litty

Pro
Daps
Keep thinking then.. I'll be out here doing something relevant and setting the right example for the next generation who needs guidance to not repeat the dumb shyt on people's minds these days, ancestors are dead.

That is a good thing - I hope that you will set a good example for the people in your community. But if you are Afro-Latina you have to realize that your community is disjoint from mine. For example, if I volunteer in my area and you volunteer in yours we are likely to be serving different communities.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
That is a good thing - I hope that you will set a good example for the people in your community. But if you are Afro-Latina you have to realize that your community is disjoint from mine. For example, if I volunteer in my area and you volunteer in yours we are likely to be serving different communities.
Fuk out my face with this bullshyt and shut the fuk up, you don't know anything about me, my beliefs, background or anything that I do or who I volunteer with, what communities I serve or what my contributions are. Lastly, I don't give a fuk about you or your thoughts. I could care the fuk less. Don't fukkin quote me, before you realize what a bad idea that would be; by making you an example of how detrimental to the community you are. My community is the black community, u stupid fuk.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
My only thing with Afro-Latinidad is that I feel Latinidad is a colonial identity too

Look. We're all one community. We need to realize that. The fact is that all of us here on the Westside of Atlantis are Afro-Colonials. We need to accept that and move forward. :troll:

Last edited:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Breh, I have no intention of trolling you and anyone else or being disrespectful in this dialogue. I think it's good for The Coli. So please take anything I say as being meant genuinely to dialogue w/ you and not to try to preach to you. I understand I could be wrong about every point in my stance and this is just the marketplace of ideas.

So I have to accept [No, breh. You don't have to accept anything. Remember, we are dealing with social constructs, not tangible elements from the periodic table. Like it or not, you do have to concede that race really has been a historically fluid concept since its devious inception. What black was in 1720 was a little different than what black was in 1850 and what black is in 2018. Why? Because it all has a faulty foundation.] biracials/multiracials as being 'of African descent and totally as ''''''Black'''''' as me' when they don't even have the ancestry? [This is interesting. When you say "Black as me" what are you going on? A comparison of your genealogical documentation and the above people? A genetic breakdown of you DNA? Complexion? Are you going by your own definition of "black" or the consensus of "black" as created by the society that first coined the term as a divisive term?]

I get that the term 'Black' might be too Americentric [Can you explain what you mean here? I'm legit interested in what you mean] for some but I don't agree with multiracials specifically in the United States that claim an ethnic group that they do not really belong to. They are effectively half caste.

Breh,

I am a little taken aback by your ability to state a group is half caste as a result of a racial classification that has the shakiest foundation in almost all of main social topics. If we had a time machine, we'd be able to record the moment there was no concept of race as used in modern society and then be able to record the first second some devious ass european nikka decided to pitch the use of "black" and "white" as identifying markers.

You realize that you are fervently arguing rigid rules on what black is as if it was a term of love created in the African homeland by our ancestors to honor how beautiful and smooth dark pigmentation that was gifted by the gods was.

Breh... some morally corrupt nikkas took Aristotle's xenophobic cultural supremacy points and Ham Curse theory and remixed them by declaring "these savage non europeans" uncivilized and perfect for enslavement so they could sleep at night without guilt. Accept the origins of how these terms came about. It, in no way, trivializes being proud to be black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Now, if you are willing to really delve into and challenge your view on this, help me develop some rules of the conversation so we can see if your "blackness" determination withstands critical analysis.

Ready? And this is for all who are unmoved about what Black is.

Are these the rules?

1. Black is having a black mother and a black father.
  2. Biracial is not black.
  3. As a result of rules 1 & 2, the product of a biracial parent and black parent is not a black child.
Is this an accurate set of rules for us to have this convo? If not, adjust it for this thread and I'll see if it withstands a test of scenarios.

T'krm

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
BA DOS Af pr
tenor.gif

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
a lot americans (black and white) don't understand is that other areas of the world don't view themselves as white black or something that stupid. Imagine Japanese or Chinese people viewing themselves as asian :mjlol:. Latinos view themselves from where they are from (Mexican, Nicaraguan, Guatemalan, Puerto Rican) There's white latinos (spaniard and portuguese descendants) Taino or whatever indigenous population was there before the europeans killed them and the africans mixed with them and then there are the african slave descendants.