Famous Afro-Latinos are Tired Of Trying To Explain To People They’re Black

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There almost as much nonsense coming out of this thread than Zoe Saldana's quote.:russ: .

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I've had people call me a Spicy Black before :yeshrug:
It's silly, but folks have definitely classified me as "other" Black, when I don't think I look any different than most Black women. No one would be able to tell, unless I was speaking Spanish to my mom/siblings.

My mom is Colombian, so culturally, there were things that were different in my household, but nothing too crazy.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Edit: NVM, I'm down to discuss this with you but you started out insulting me. That's not what someone does when they want to discuss something. I'm straight. Lets fast forward this conversation into what you want it to be. You're a fakkit. We saved ourselves a lot of time.

:mjlol:

I didn't throw any personal insults at you (and I challenge you to quote me where I did), I simply stated your position was total trash. :manny:

You got in your feelings about having a bullshyt opinion and are now throwing around personal insults and slurs. :umad:

I won't reciprocate in the shyt-slinging, but you will hold this neg.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
When people say that they are "mixed race", by saying they are dominican, costa rican, puerto rican, cuba, etc, do you think they clumsily saying that they are Hispanic? And do you categorize Hispanic as a race or ethnicity? Or just a culture?
No disrespect to you but this subject on here is talked about to a fault - I'm not doing this, it's a recurring theme on here. I already know where this is going and it's nothing constructive about it. There's economic and social situations within black communities all of this distracts from the purpose of activism (just like the bm/bw gender divide, colorism, classism). Nothing but another tool of w.s. infiltration in order to bait and be divisive. All this politically correct shyt, terms, labels- AADOS(wtf??), Black Latino/a, Afrikan, 10%.. 20% I'm not this, I'm not that.. Like wtf is it all for. I don't deal with none of the c00ns, afric00ns, cac wanna bes or race dissenters/dividers in real life, I dont associate with anyone that denies their black identity, or anyone that thinks they have a superiority complex over AAs. There's discussions about this topic day after day, when it all does is turn into pages and pages of back and forth, with no end. I'm also tired of people using "celebrities" as some type platform for collective thought and social consciousness. idk.. Not feeling it. There's black and white.. anyone that is or wants to be white or thinks they're better than American blacks and sells out their race or cultural identity to align with the whites .. fuk them.

litty

Pro
Daps
What does Black mean?

Y'all realize Black isn't even an African made term. It's ONLY a euro term that was created by euro colonials to justify treating others different and giving them free reign to subjugate.

shyt is crazy how hostile brehs can be about excluding people who genuinely have black heritage from being able to state they are black while acknowledging the other ancestry, culture, etc that are a part of them.

So I have to accept biracials/multiracials as being 'of African descent and totally as ''''''Black'''''' as me' when they don't even have the ancestry?

I get that the term 'Black' might be too Americentric for some but I don't agree with multiracials specifically in the United States that claim an ethnic group that they do not really belong to. They are effectively half caste.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I've had people call me a Spicy Black before :yeshrug:
It's silly, but folks have definitely classified me as "other" Black, when I don't think I look any different than most Black women. No one would be able to tell, unless I was speaking Spanish to my mom/siblings.

My mom is Colombian, so culturally, there were things that were different in my household, but nothing too crazy.
wth is all that supposed to mean?? wtf is a "spicy black" or "other black".. ?? .. That is so condescending. Like who cares.. if you're black then you are. Do you consider yourself black? if you have African DNA in your blood, then you racially identify as black. You're a black person that speaks Spanish.. who recognizes your Colombian cultural identity.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
No disrespect to you but this subject on here is talked about to a fault - I'm not doing this, it's a recurring theme on here. I already know where this is going and it's nothing constructive about it. There's economic and social situations within black communities all of this distracts from the purpose of activism (just like the bm/bw gender divide, colorism, classism). Nothing but another tool of w.s. infiltration in order to bait and be divisive. All this politically correct shyt, terms, labels- AADOS(wtf??), Black Latino/a, Afrikan, 10%.. 20% I'm not this, I'm not that.. Like wtf is it all for. I don't deal with none of the c00ns, afric00ns, cac wanna bes or race dissenters/dividers in real life, I dont associate with anyone that denies their black identity, or anyone that thinks they have a superiority complex over AAs. There's discussions about this topic day after day, when it all does is turn into pages and pages of back and forth, with no end. I'm also tired of people using "celebrities" as some type platform for collective thought and social consciousness. idk.. Not feeling it. There's black and white.. anyone that is or wants to be white or thinks they're better than American blacks and sells out their race or cultural identity to align with the whites .. fuk them.

Interesting. :jbhmm:

wth is all that supposed to mean?? wtf is a "spicy black" or "other black".. ?? .. That is so condescending. Like who cares.. if you're black then you are. Do you consider yourself black? if you have African DNA in your blood, then you racially identify as black. You're a black person that speaks Spanish.. who recognizes your Colombian cultural identity.

:final_ti:

There's the answer.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So I have to accept biracials/multiracials as being 'of African descent and totally as ''''''Black'''''' as me' when they don't even have the ancestry?

I get that the term 'Black' might be too Americentric for some but I don't agree with multiracials specifically in the United States that claim an ethnic group that they do not really belong to. They are effectively half caste.
Dumb shyt .. if they are biracial with African descent then they're black. If they have the mindset of a white person then how the fuk does it affect you one way or the other? what.. you're going to beat them into submission for not identifying??