Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Kevin Anderson ‏@CSNKevin 2h

#Bulls can create $20.6M in cap space by trading Dunleavy and Gibson for future picks. They are very much still in play for Melo

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Kevin Anderson @CSNKevin · 13m

Here is the only realistic way #Bulls can include Randolph in a S+T for Melo: Amnesty Boozer, and don't go over cap after Melo trade.

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:all these loops holes and contigencies this FO places on itself with their deals :trash::sas2:

when other teams are doin straight up deals
:patrice::gladbron::beli:

i swear does any1 over there know wtf they doin:why::deadrose::mindblown::wtf:

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Kevin Anderson @CSNKevin · 1h

Gar on cap space re Randolph "There are ways to go about it where it won't impact it" #BullsDraft

Gar on free agency, "We've mapped out a number of different ways this can go"

Gar "We've had a lot of conversations (on creating cap space) with teams"

Confusing info out there on if Bulls can trade Randolph, but there are 2 ways he can be traded in a S+T w Knicks on July 10

1- Bulls send equal salary to Knicks for Melo (no need to aggregate) 2- Bulls are dont go over cap after the trade

If Bulls create $10M in cap space by using amnesty on Boozer, and send $10M in salaries for a $20M Melo, can include Randolph w/o aggreg

Here is the only realistic way #Bulls can include Randolph in a S+T for Melo: Amnesty Boozer, and don't go over cap after Melo trade.

If #Bulls have $10M in cap space, they have to send $10M of outgoing salary to take on a $20M Melo contract to include Randolph

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
WE'LL BE TOLD THAT WITH TAJ'S EMERGENCE AS A STATER,
"BOOZER WILL ADD THAT MUCH NEED SCORING PUNCH OFF THE BENCH.
A TRAIT THAT THE BENCH MOB HAS BEEN LACKING FOR YEARS.":manny:

:devil:
:evil:

thoughts on the draft?

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
That 1st pick is the reason why i don't watch the bulls as much..

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Did y'all even read the info red broussard posted? If the bulls amnesty boozer they'll have 10-11 in cap space,if they trade dunleavy jr it's 13-14 mil they only have to send out 10 mil in salaries and can take back 20 mil which means they can sign n trade for melo and he can get his dough and they can keep taj.Knicks can have all those average picks and a future pick.If the knicks don't want to cooperate then the bulls can trade taj and dunleavy jr to teams wit cap space or trade exceptions and have 20 mil in cap space and sign melo outright.If melo is about that winning life like he claims he is the sign n trade makes most sense cuz the bulls can keep taj,get the mid level sign some vet mins and the bulls will have a squad

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did y'all even read the info red broussard posted? If the bulls amnesty boozer they'll have 10-11 in cap space,if they trade dunleavy jr it's 13-14 mil they only have to send out 10 mil in salaries and can take back 20 mil which means they can sign n trade for melo and he can get his dough and they can keep taj.Knicks can have all those average picks and a future pick.If the knicks don't want to cooperate then the bulls can trade taj and dunleavy jr to teams wit cap space or trade exceptions and have 20 mil in cap space and sign melo outright.If melo is about that winning life like he claims he is the sign n trade makes most sense cuz the bulls can keep taj,get the mid level sign some vet mins and the bulls will have a squad
I see the plan, but I dont like the I idea of having to move Taj in order to sign Melo outright

Was there no way around that?

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't wanna move Gibson at all. But if it means getting melo we may have no choice. Will big zach take a discount to win? If we could get him i can understand letting gibson go.

So brehs this draft. Explain to me why dougy fresh will be closer to marvelous wally szerbiak then mario face adam morrison? Hopefully this guy can be like korver for us in 2011 spacing the floor and bombing 3's

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't wanna move Gibson at all. But if it means getting melo we may have no choice. Will big zach take a discount to win? If we could get him i can understand letting gibson go.

So brehs this draft. Explain to me why dougy fresh will be closer to marvelous wally szerbiak then mario face adam morrison? Hopefully this guy can be like korver for us in 2011 spacing the floor and bombing 3's
zach randolph? :scusthov:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I see the plan, but I dont like the I idea of having to move Taj in order to sign Melo outright

Was there no way around that?

Yea melo takes less and agrees to a sign n trade.If he wants his dough taj is gone which I would hate personally

Basically if melo wants to come to the bulls it's up to him if taj stays.I think he's smart enough to understand taj's value at the same time bulls aren't gonna let a role player stop them from acquiring a superstar.When the bulls meet melo they will explain this to him.If you add melo to a roster with noah,taj,butler,mcbuckets,snell,rose,hinrich and some vet min additions + the mid level exception wit thibs as coach that's a title team where melos fga's & scoring ability won't be compromised AT ALL.What other team can offer that? Houston wit dwights immature crybaby ass who complained about playing wit kobe? :pachaha: The heat wit lebron,wade,bosh and a weak supporting cast? That's why they just got sonned in the finals.The mavs maybe but they're in the west and dirk is 35

Last edited: