Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
4. With all this focus on Melo, what's the immediate future for the Bulls' European hot shot Nikola Mirotic?

Mirotic is under contract for two more seasons with Real Madrid and might have to spend one more abroad if the Bulls' Melo fantasies materialize.

Or if the offensively desperate Chicagoans make a fallback swoop for, say, longtime Bulls targetPau Gasol.

Given the sizable buyout required to free Mirotic from his Spanish obligations -- and with Chicago able to kick in only $600,000 toward that buyout that wouldn't count against the salary cap -- it's conceivable Chicago might even ask its talented frontcourt prospect to stay abroad for a fourth successive season since he was drafted.

It's hard to see how the Bulls could manufacture the needed financial flexibility to add a high-dollar free agent and Mirotic. The good news is 2011's No. 23 overall pick said earlier this month in an interview with Spain's Canal Plus that he's fine with playing one more season in Madrid, which he calls "home for me."

5. How did you get this far without devoting an entire question to D-Rose?

Fair point.

If it took us this long to get to face of the franchise, we'll have to save the discussion about what Chicago plans to do with its two draft picks (projected to be No. 16 and No. 19) ... or the futures ofKirk Hinrich and D.J. Augustin ... or the work Jimmy Butler needs to put in on his jump shot for another day.

The good news: There have been some positive signals lately about the progress Rose is making his rehab from the torn right meniscus he suffered in Portland on Nov. 22.

The bad news: Rose is making the sort of progress that should allow him to proceed with plans to try to make the Team USA roster for the World Cup of Basketball in Spain, a pursuit that will consume more than a month of the summer from mid-August to mid-September.

The Bulls can't say so -- especially with Thibodeau serving as a Team USA assistant to Mike Krzyzewski -- but they'd surely prefer that Rose hold off on his full-speed return until training camp next fall.
Because if they can't get Melo, or Pau, or the offensive-minded fallback choice we don't yet know about, it'll be incumbent upon Rose to be the offensive savior Chicago badly needs.

I'd love to tell you I'm smart enough to forecast right now, with clarity, whether Rose's body get hold for an entire season -- let alone the three left on his contract at a tidy total of $60.28 million -- but I can't.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
So other than luring Melo to CHI and kicking Boozer to the curve, whats the overallr game-plan for you guys' offseason?

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@GoldenGlove

i wouldnt base that Jerry statement off a random article like that :ld:

of course he would prefer trading dude, but i think he will approve the amnesty if we have no other options

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
add shooters
That was the plan 2 years ago wasnt it?

And the article above is right. Boozer being in his last year is good trade bait. Rockets and OKC may be thirsty enough to take him off your hands.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like I keep telling y'all, Mirotic may not ever show up.

Fran Vasquez 2.0
Bulls FO seems very confident that he will - the timing wouldnt be right though this summer if we somehow landed Melo (which I dont expect to happen)

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Bulls FO seems very confident that he will - the timing wouldnt be right though this summer if we somehow landed Melo (which I dont expect to happen)
Hrs been talking like he's leaving, but I think he will only show up if you don't get Melo. If y'rall try to trade him he'll discourage it by staying.