Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Another angle via an ORL deal

Steve Kyler was asked about the Bulls taking back Nelson’s contract as part of a deal for Afflalo.

Colin
Good Morning Mr Kyler.
Do you think it is possible that Chicago’s interest in trading with Orlando has as much to do with acquiring Nelson’s partially guaranteed deal as it does to do with acquiring Afflalo?

Perhaps the Knicks would be more interested in a deal built around Nelson + Gibson for Melo than they would Boozer for Melo.

Steve Kyler
Very much.

The problem is Orlando would have to take back about $15 million in salary to make it happen now. Not sure they do that unless they get both of the Bulls picks too.

The final year of Nelson’s deal is worth $8 million, but he can be paid $2 million to simply walk away.
http://fansided.com/2014/06/23/nba-...y-faith-chicago-bulls-new-york-knicks/#!3fsxy
recently

The Chicago Bulls have been linked most prominently to a deal with Orlando involving shooting guard Arron Afflalo, although sources say that’s not likely happening on draft night, but it’s still very much in play. The dark horse to obtain Afflalo still remains the Charlotte Hornets, who have long coveted him and are willing to give up the ninth pick and a roster player to do it.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-lets-make-a-deal-nba-draft-edition/

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Jim Boeheim has talked to Tom Thibodeau about Carmelo Anthony and believes in their ability to create a successful partnership with the Chicago Bulls.

“I’ve talked to Tom about Melo, his name has come up,’’ Boeheim said on Tuesday. “I think Tom is very excited about the possibility of getting Carmelo. He likes him. He likes how he plays. He feels he’s coachable. I think Tom Thibodeau is one of the better coaches in the NBA. Carmelo would be happy playing for him. It would be a good fit – the coach-player relationship.’’

Boeheim made it clear that he hopes Anthony decides to play where he can win.

“I’d like to see him be where he can win, honestly,’’ Boeheim said. “He’s not going to get his due and credit the way the game is set up. You’re viewed almost as a failure if you don’t win championships. So I’d like to see him get where he can win. I’d like for it to be in New York but I’d like to see where he can win. I believe he wants to be where he can win.

“I think Melo loves New York. He has had a good run there but he played – I watched 60 games – I thought he played great last year. But the bottom line when they lose, he’s going to get blamed.’’
Via Marc Berman/New York Post

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Jim Boeheim has talked to Tom Thibodeau about Carmelo Anthony and believes in their ability to create a successful partnership with the Chicago Bulls.

Via Marc Berman/New York Post

Thibs gives the bulls an advantage more than any other team I think boehim told melo to come to the bulls his other comments about melo willing to take less to join the bulls was revealing.I think lebrons lame ass wanting to play with all his friends etc is the only obstacle stopping melo from coming here.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
:what: He opted out a couple days early. Why would the timing concern the Bulls? The only thing to be worried about is if all 3 of them nikkas had opted out.

They obviously not on the same page yet. This was a solo move.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
why aint that done yet? If I was Orlando I would have ran for that deal

The dark horse to obtain Afflalo still remains the Charlotte Hornets, who have long coveted him and are willing to give up the ninth pick and a roster player to do it.

Your guess is as good as mine.Affalo aint THAT nice anyway if the main acquisition is arron affalo that's an epic fail

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We should go ahead and start drafting up garpax's comments for our new additions this summer. If it's afflalo, Pax can talk about how he's a high character guy, came from a big school in UCLA, plays the right way so on and so forth.
Already did it for Afflalo
Gar Forman said:
Arron allows us to move Jimmy back to the small forward position, which is his natural position. He's a versatile defender, can knock down the open jumper which is what Derrick needs, a shooter next to him. After this year he only has one more year left on his contract which gives us the flexibility to make a big move for a star. 2016 looks like it will be a year where a lot of star players will be available and it's important to have the assets to make a move.

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
"Inside" info on Melo situation from GM
I have some inside info about the carmelo situation. I have a co worker that is iman shumperts uncle and they are very close. Hes shown me pics of him when he was a kid...I said all that to say that carmelo has been making it known since march that he wants to sign with chicago. He doesn't want us to lose taj and basically he said its for the bulls to lose him. Meaning if they low ball him or trade major pieces he is gonna resign with new york. Something else my co worker told me a few months ago is that melo wants to prove he is better than lebron, and I saw today on espn somebody reported that melo has felt that way. It made me think back to the conversation I had with my co worker

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Can't knock Melo for wanting to be the best :manny: but if he wanted to prove he is better than LeBron, that means the Heat talk is just bullshyt :patrice:

Still would rather have Love than him tho