Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
If the Knicks do that we'd still be in the hunt for Love:ohhh:
Its a major pro and con to the Knicks doing that deal

On one end the Knicks could get some form of compensation for melo and get into this deep draft and save even more money for next off season. They can also possibly make us take on Felton and jr smith deals.

But it's difficult seeing them willing to pay that much tax for a team they intend on tanking.

I think a great move would be sending that package to Philly with the 19th pick for Philly 21 million dollar tpe and trading snell and maybe a 2nd rd pick in a separate deal

Would allow us to sign melo outright and if he takes a small cut around 20 mill instead of getting maxed out it would allow us to retain our exceptions and we would still have the 16th pick to fill out the roster

• Dap
Reactions: 904

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I may be in the minority here but I still see Rose returning to an elite level... It's just a matter of knocking off rust

I do as well. 2 years off probably added longevity to his career as well.

btw, I'm guessing lebron might be a free agent this summer. I mean it wouldn't suprise me.

• Dap
Reactions: 904

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
The Chicago Bulls are "looking to improve the starting lineup at any cost," and only Derrick Rose is untouchable in trade discussions, according to Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times:

“They are looking to exhaust as many assets as it will take,'' one source said of general manager Gar Forman and head of basketball operations John Paxson.

But the source said it was “doubtful” whether that meant the long-rumored departure of coach Tom Thibodeau could come into play.

Chicago has been linked to Carmelo Anthony for a long while, and it remains a logical destination for him. It's just tricky because if the Knicks wouldn't agree to a sign and trade, the Bulls would have to amnesty Carlos Boozer, renounce the rights to their free agents and dump additional salary. That's doable, though, and Anthony is not their only option. They might even be willing to trade big man Taj Gibson:

Carmelo Anthony is still Plan A as the Bulls and the rest of the NBA await to see if the Knicks forward will opt out of his contract. But the Bulls are more active in their pursuit of Kevin Love than initially rumored. Also, don't rule out LeBron James coming into play again if the four-time MVP opts out of his deal.

After the Bulls were eliminated from the playoffs, the Sun-Times reported that Joakim Noah not only actively recruited Anthony at the All-Star Game, but he stayed on him throughout the second half of the season. The catch was that Noah didn't want teammate Taj Gibson sacrificed to bring Anthony over.

The front office agreed with Noah, but according to a source, that grip might have loosened if it means adding a proven All-Star-caliber player.

Chicago should be careful when it comes to Gibson, as he has developed into an excellent two-way player and is being paid a reasonable $25.45 million over the next three seasons. He is a big part of the Bulls' identity, though it seems the organization might be willing to alter its identity if it can add to its talent level this summer.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...ove-at-any-cost-only-derrick-rose-untouchable

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
As previously reported, Rose began taking full contact in the form of one-on-one or two-on-two or three-on-three offday sessions late in the first-round series against the Wizards. Rose has had no setbacks and, if the season started tomorrow, would be fine to play

As mentioned above, it would be a surprise if the Bulls use both picks on player for next season’s roster. Pick any of the other possibilities---trade both picks and move up, trade both picks to future picks, draft one player and trade the other pick to a future pick, draft one player and use the other on an international player that stays overseas. All of those are more likely.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-bulls-mailbag-20140616,0,6597414.story

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago