Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

Daps
The issue is, if rose was healthy I doubt the fo would have picked any of those guys up

I would love to believe they working on something too

But this is garpax , they don't make amazing wow moves, they moves are always just decent

They had no commitment from melo breh, and let afflalo get past them pennies on the dollar. They could have snatched up afflalo grabbed pau and still been trying to work out a s&t with melo. Instead we blowing all our assets on a aging pau gasol. This by far is the worst off season we have ever had and I am doubting seriously we pick up another guard. Cause as of right now based on what's been reported, we won't even have the assets to get one.
Nah, that would've limited their 'Melo options' to a near minimum if they grabbed Afflalo, not to mention Gasol. The way things have moved during this FA and the bigger plan to grab Melo, which restricted all their other recourses - their wasn't much else they could have done. The problem as I see it, not only did they try to go for two home runs (Melo and McDermott), but them dudes both play the same position - the sacrifice was never gonna be worth the pay off - because they never had all their bases covered to begin with. Hedging would've been more appropriate:

Pursue Melo + draft a combination of - Young/Harris/Hood/Hairston/Nurkic

Pursue Gasol/Davis and Afflalo/Crawford/Morrow/Livingston + draft McDermott.

I've already made it known that Stephenson was never a good option (due to the fact yall don't wanna get in the supply and demand mix of overpaying him, not when there's a # of teams who still have a lot of cap left/attractive assets - who can basically offer him a figure he wants) and all the wings who weren't going to break their worth in dough + this lengthy process has minimized their ability to do anything creative with trades to fill needs.

Their hands have been tied up to this point. :manny:

Last edited:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
Shawn marion and ramon sessions will probably be the last additions this summer :snoop:

Bulls added nothing but cacs and not one single shot creator when this was the best opportunity in the last 4 years to do so.The front office fukked up this summer but thibs will somehow mask it as usual and the bulls will overachieve

Daps
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...gning-pau-gasol-shapes-rest-of-2014-offseason

Interesting article talking about the bulls having a money ball like strategy applied towards basketball...and I agree every team is overpaying wings..
"Also, it makes sense on a game theory level. One of the most rudimentary strategies, regardless of whether it’s a game, a business, or in the case of the NBA, both, is if all of your competitors are doing one thing, there’s likely market inefficiencies to be exploited in doing the opposite. That, not sabermetrics, was the core idea behindMoneyball, and smart people in the NBA like Mark Cuban, who has overseen a retool of the Mavs around sub-star contracts in the $7-10 million range in lieu of a full-blown rebuild, are trying to capitalize in the same way."
The OG article (http://bullsbythehorns.com/why-pau-is-better-for-the-bulls-than-you-think/) touches on what I was saying about the market in another thread - the Bulls can't afford nor do they have affinitive assets to compete in this supply and demand long term-wing race - which is the core reason why the FO is stuck in a arduous position, because they left it a season or two too late - which is mostly their fault.

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the right price, Barbosa/Rush will be a good look for this team.
I can see them picking up a scoring guard for the minimum real late in the game. The problem is Kirk is likely to come back and we know Thibs has undying love for him :snoop:

In a perfect world, Kirk just gets outplayed by whoever is behind him, unlike the past couple years where injuries to Rose forced Thibs hands.

j7thirty

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHI-Town
I can't lie snell was impressive. I liked the pace he played at. His main problem was hitting open shots last year and here he hit the contested ones. I don't think he hit rim on none of those shots. Just one summer league and game and not enough to make the bulls be stagnant.

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
You know the bulls don't want to amnesty boozer and will try to trade him relentlessly in the next 2-3 days so would y'all have a problem trading boozer for eric gordon? Pelicans trying to give dude away.That would answer the sg problem I don't know how that would work as far as signing pau and mirotic.I don't trust he can stay healthy but he has a player option on his contract after next season and will probably be playing for his next contract since he's only 25 going on 26 he's about 3 months younger than rose it could be worth the risk.