Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

kevthesureshot

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From Ralph on realgm

I'd love to see the FO sell us on a Hayward/Mcdermott offseason :heh:
that gives us shooting, I'm not sure about Hayward as a defender though. I can see Mcdermott having issues defending in the league.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im not thrilled about any moves other than Melo, but just the fact that it sounds like we will finally have a roster shakeup is exciting to me

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m not under the impression the Bulls are going to trade away pieces for nothing for an all-out pursuit for Anthony, as they did in 2010 when they traded Hinrich for nothing to chase James and Wade. My feeling is the Bulls will try to get into the Anthony game but on their terms---seeing if they somehow can use Boozer’s contract in a sign-and-trade, perhaps trading away a smaller piece to create a bit more cap space with a Boozer amnesty and hope Anthony signs for a lot less. I can’t see them trading Gibson, Dunleavy, renouncing all their free agents, perhaps trading away one of their two first-round picks just to chase Anthony.
Chicago Tribune

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
’m not under the impression the Bulls are going to trade away pieces for nothing for an all-out pursuit for Anthony, as they did in 2010 when they traded Hinrich for nothing to chase James and Wade. My feeling is the Bulls will try to get into the Anthony game but on their terms---seeing if they somehow can use Boozer’s contract in a sign-and-trade, perhaps trading away a smaller piece to create a bit more cap space with a Boozer amnesty and hope Anthony signs for a lot less. I can’t see them trading Gibson, Dunleavy, renouncing all their free agents, perhaps trading away one of their two first-round picks just to chase Anthony.
Chicago Tribune

This has to be some of the dumbest shyt I've read from this dude. Somebody tell me what's so special about these pieces that you can't move them for a future hall of fame scoring machine? What have any of these nikkas done in the playoffs minus Rose that makes these nikkas untouchable? Without Rose these nikkas have gotten bodied by 2 lesser seeded teams while having HGA, including to a fukking 8th seed! The main reason we beat BYN last year was because of Nate, but these nikkas are untouchable? These nikkas are nothing without Rose, and we're supposed to expect him to carry them again, now with bogus knees?:mindblown:

This can't be what the FO is thinking. Cant be

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not under the impression the Bulls are going to trade away pieces for nothing for an all-out pursuit for Anthony, as they did in 2010 when they traded Hinrich for nothing to chase James and Wade. My feeling is the Bulls will try to get into the Anthony game but on their terms---seeing if they somehow can use Boozer’s contract in a sign-and-trade, perhaps trading away a smaller piece to create a bit more cap space with a Boozer amnesty and hope Anthony signs for a lot less. I can’t see them trading Gibson, Dunleavy, renouncing all their free agents, perhaps trading away one of their two first-round picks just to chase Anthony.

OG2HHqnj.gif

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
This has to be some of the dumbest shyt I've read from this dude. Somebody tell me what's so special about these pieces that you can't move them for a future hall of fame scoring machine? What have any of these nikkas done in the playoffs minus Rose that makes these nikkas untouchable? Without Rose these nikkas have gotten bodied by 2 lesser seeding teams, including a fukking 8th seed! These nikkas is nothing without Rose, and we're supposed to expect him to carry these nikkas on bogus knees?:mindblown:

This can't be what the FO is thinking. Cant be

Unloading for nothing is what stuck us with Boozer and basura. Granted we had that good bench but its not amounted to much these years. The point is that were keeping what is useful (Taj, DJ) and chopping up the rest (Boozer) to maximize space for another good player (Melo, potentially Mirotic) instead of a full unload and starting over like we did when the other 3 were free agents.

5StarElite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
In the ocean where the sharks be at
Unloading for nothing is what stuck us with Boozer and basura. Granted we had that good bench but its not amounted to much these years. The point is that were keeping what is useful (Taj, DJ) and chopping up the rest (Boozer) to maximize space for another good player (Melo, potentially Mirotic) instead of a full unload and starting over like we did when the other 3 were free agents.

I'm talking about the part where this dude is talking about not giving up Dunleavy and picks for Melo. That makes no fukking sense. Taj is nice but he shouldn't be untouchable either. I'm about getting the stars and figuring the rest out as you go. But this wouldn't even be an issue if the front office did what they were supposed to do and draft Dieng instead of Snell's bum ass. They knew Jo needed a backup.:snoop:

As far as 2010, that squad was a juggernaut. It was clearly flawed and when the FO decided to not upgrade Bogans bum ass, it did us in.

Last edited:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I'm talking about the part where this dude is talking about not giving up Dunleavy and picks for Melo. That makes no fukking sense. Taj is nice but he shouldn't be untouchable either. I'm about getting the stars and figuring the rest out as you go. But this wouldn't even be an issue if the front office did what they were supposed to do and draft Dieng instead of Snell's bum ass. They knew Jo needed a backup.:snoop:

As far as 2010, that squad was a juggernaut. It was clearly flawed and when the FO decided to not upgrade Bogans bum ass, it did us in.

Dunleavy and them can kick rocks. :lolbron:

:whoa: But Taj should be kept at all costs. Dude is undervalued and his contract is friendly considering his output. I'll give up Butler before Taj if it means getting Melo.

I'm thinking Rose, Noah, Taj, DJ should be secured for the time being and not entertained with. Everyone else is open season.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
That other article redd posted was from the Chicago tribune. At this point listening to any Chicago beat writer is a waste all together. They don't know what the hell they talking about. That is evident

The other talk about the bulls clearing up 20 mill sounds more close to what the bulls might try to pull off. Don't even know what these guys mean by " on they terms" common sense suggest melo would rather be here with taj than without him. When you consider melo defensively taj and Noah behind him and jimmy on the side of him is the best team he going to compete with . He got all the components around him to make him greater.

If I'm the bulls I try to unload boozer the picks and non guarantees to clear the space you will need a guy like dunleavy on the floor with melo at times for spacing and again taj is a great complementary 4. But they def not untouchable and if you got to move them you do it.

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I still feel plan b should be pau/mirotic and lance

Rather have afflalo but unlikely we make that trade

And we would have to trade taj to make plan b work but IMO taj is the short term answer to pair with melo an make a run. Without melo we looking longer term and pau helps us compete a bit short term but mirotic gets to study behind pau for a few years. I just don't feel he ready to start. Want to bring him along slowly.

And lance is just best available. I'm not sold on him either but like the potential of him under thibs better than hayward

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still feel plan b should be pau/mirotic and lance

Rather have afflalo but unlikely we make that trade

And we would have to trade taj to make plan b work but IMO taj is the short term answer to pair with melo an make a run. Without melo we looking longer term and pau helps us compete a bit short term but mirotic gets to study behind pau for a few years. I just don't feel he ready to start. Want to bring him along slowly.

And lance is just best available. I'm not sold on him either but like the potential of him under thibs better than hayward
Lance is a nutcase though.. I dunno breh

cornercommission2k12

Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
Lance is a nutcase though.. I dunno breh
Idk either breh

Again I rather have afflalo

But lance fits better under thibs IMO and again it's not a lot of options out there we have to get another ball handler. Pau and lance and mirotic not the very best but it's better than nothing. Hopefully we don't blow it in the draft again