Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

cellsius

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look thibs has flaws

But every damn coach in the league has flaws.....period

In examining replacing thibs 2 things has to be considered

1. What other coaches in this league, in college any where could have gotten last years roster and this years roster to the playoffs reg season record and seeding thibs did

And

2. Are any of those coaches available.... Realistically?

Thibs played the best players he could all those minutes to get wins. People don't understand just how bad these rosters have been. Early in people cried and begged for more time with snell and he got the time and we found out he not that damn good.

Maybe it was a method to thibs madness like boozer continuing to start cause they didn't want to kill his trade value or taj coming off the bench cause thibs was trying to hook his boy up with 6th man of the year and that fat bonus. Who knows

And believe me if a better option was available cool ship thibs outta here

But we would be foolish to think if melo wants Chicago thibs not part of the reason why. Melo not coming here to play for Fred hoiberg brehs

So I will reserve my anger with thibs after I see what he can do with a much more talented team. Now if he making these dumb rotations in that situation then yea he might need to go but let's see what he does with a deep roster before we willing to show him the door

I like Thibs. And what you said about him leading the Bulls to the playoffs these last 2 years is true. But that's the problem, it has hurt the team in the long run by running these guys into the ground. He's won the regular season championship a couple times now, but I prefer playoff championships. He can't coach offense in my opinion. Even with Rose, he had no creativity. He is way too stubborn with his rotations. And I think teams are starting to figure out his defensive system.

As far as other coaching options: if you want offense there's Karl. If you want defense there's Hollins. Both of whom just won 50 plus games in the west just a year ago.

I wouldn't fire him, but if the offer is right I would listen

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year
I like Thibs. And what you said about him leading the Bulls to the playoffs these last 2 years is true. But that's the problem, it has hurt the team in the long run by running these guys into the ground. He's won the regular season championship a couple times now, but I prefer playoff championships. He can't coach offense in my opinion. Even with Rose, he had no creativity. He is way too stubborn with his rotations. And I think teams are starting to figure out his defensive system.

As far as other coaching options: if you want offense there's Karl. If you want defense there's Hollins. Both of whom just won 50 plus games in the west just a year ago.

I wouldn't fire him, but if the offer is right I would listen
As I stated before, thibs maximized the talent on a bad roster. Lessoning the minutes on Noah jimmy etc to give more minutes to snell nazr etc could equal to a lot more losses. He could stand to be a bit more flexible but does that warrant a replacement especially when the alternatives are not that great? We saw consistent playoff failures from George Karl and I like Lionel hollins but does he get the most out his roster cause we have seen quite a few players flat out quit on him.

All I'm saying is can we wait til we have a great roster first see what thibs is then assess if he a playoff failure coach which btw in 2011 we reached the ecf with a flawed roster and last year with some last minute put together type roster got to the 2nd rd. if we pull off a roster with melo rose a deep bench then let's see what that rotation and minutes look like when you got a bench that can carry us for lengths of time. That's all I'm saying. Ain't a whole lot of thibs hanging around not trying to get another skiles era going smh

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The man turns turds into gold. It is very hard to replace that kind of coaching that he's shown since he got here.
And what good was that this year?

I'd much rather have a coach that sees the big picture than one that doesn't give a fukk about his players getting hurt while he plays them excessively. Thibs is a great coach, no doubt about it. But I'm not acting like it would be the end of the world if he left... especially if the Lakers are willing to part with their pick to get him

:yeshrug:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

I'd much rather have a coach that sees the big picture than one that doesn't give a fukk about his players getting hurt while he plays them excessively. Thibs is a great coach, no doubt about it. But I'm not acting like it would be the end of the world if he left... especially if the Lakers are willing to part with their pick to get him

I say he is worth beyond a first even in this draft. I also stand by that Thibs does see the big picture. He wins by any means. :manny:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I say he is worth beyond a first even in this draft. I also stand by that Thibs does see the big picture. He wins by any means. :manny:
:snoop:

Then explain him playing Noah 42 minutes in the last game of the season against Charlotte in what was essentially a meaningless game when he knew his knee was bothering him?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL

Then explain him playing Noah 42 minutes in the last game of the season against Charlotte in what was essentially a meaningless game when he knew his knee was bothering him?

I cannot fault him. I can see both sides. Should he have rested Noah? Yeah. But the guy does whatever it takes to win and it rubs off on the players. Our bench is trash as well so replying on the starters is something I understand.

We can agree to disagree. I don't think Thibs is worth just a first. I think he's untouchable.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Would've been real nice to have Dieng allow Noah to rest a bit more....:sadcam:
It would have not only been nice, but it would have made SENSE to draft a backup center instead of Snell. And picks like that have me worried going into this draft as well

Why can't we have a GM that's not always looking for the safest player available? So frustrating

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year

It would be the end all if thibs is gone and we got vinny del negro 2.0 in here who got us fighting for 7th and 8th seeds again

The bulls not dropping a bag for some high profile coach it's never been they m.o. They will once again try to find a low key gem and that could or could not work out. I ain't trying to go back to Scott skiles 2.0 aka get the most out the players 1st year then players quit on him after. And I don't want some mediocre struggle to get to the playoffs ass coach like vinny del negro again.

And the lakers can't trade they pick . And it's no great options out there. So yea I think ill just stick with thibs

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sources said Thibodeau was involved last summer in planning discussions for the Bulls' new practice facility scheduled to open in August or September. He also has been involved in personnel discussions regarding next season, with sources indicating he is a proponent of trying to add Carmelo Anthony.

Given that Anthony has spoken highly of Thibodeau, the coach would be an attractive recruiting piece if the Bulls remain serious in their pursuit of him if, as expected, he opts to become a free agent.
Tom Thibodeau and Lakers an unlikely match - chicagotribune.com

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As I stated before, thibs maximized the talent on a bad roster. Lessoning the minutes on Noah jimmy etc to give more minutes to snell nazr etc could equal to a lot more losses. He could stand to be a bit more flexible but does that warrant a replacement especially when the alternatives are not that great? We saw consistent playoff failures from George Karl and I like Lionel hollins but does he get the most out his roster cause we have seen quite a few players flat out quit on him.

All I'm saying is can we wait til we have a great roster first see what thibs is then assess if he a playoff failure coach which btw in 2011 we reached the ecf with a flawed roster and last year with some last minute put together type roster got to the 2nd rd. if we pull off a roster with melo rose a deep bench then let's see what that rotation and minutes look like when you got a bench that can carry us for lengths of time. That's all I'm saying. Ain't a whole lot of thibs hanging around not trying to get another skiles era going smh
They can't trade the pick, but they can trade the player that they select.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

Yeah I agree with the minutes thing like Pop does even if we lose a few more games. Maybe it can give others a chance to get better during the season like Snell, Jimmer(when he came), etc. Hell I agree with the whole post lol

Honestly fukk them regular season wins if dudes going to be hurt all the time when it counts and remember how Rose got the first big injury playing in a meaningless blowout.