Famine...STARVATION...Delusion...RACIST: A Chicago Bulls Story (2014 Offseason Thread)

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Only way we do that is by trading taj

Melo has to bluff well enough to convince Phil he will sign for 15-16 mill

The fact taj being included in these discussions tell me the bulls have no intention of moving taj
watch for Orlando in a sign and trade with the Bulls imo

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
And it's STORMING like crazy right now...this would be the night Melo comes into town...smh..
right? :smh:

tomorrow should be nice though

my hope is that Noah will meet up with Melo when he hits town tonight, take him and his lady out to dinner and start his visit off right - thats what I would expect is happening, right? they have a 10+ year old relationship from back in NY I believe

red222

We Ready
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
@KCJHoop: Gasol on their radar. Haven't heard Ariza with Anthony obviously top target. “@aburgess513: If #Bulls don't get Melo what about Ariza+Pau?”

cellsius

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Props to whoever posted it but the Melo money isn't all that bad after taxes. Its a Forbes article don't know what thread its in if not this one but a good read though even though is predicated on him opting out after the fourth year.

Edit: Its on realgm here is the link http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2014/06/23/how-state-taxes-could-play-a-role-in-carmelo-anthonys-landing-spot/
Hopefully the bulls include this information in their presentation. Melo actually would make more money on a 4 year deal here.

Daps
Only way we do that is by trading taj

Melo has to bluff well enough to convince Phil he will sign for 15-16 mill

The fact taj being included in these discussions tell me the bulls have no intention of moving taj
I don't think Melo will go that low. They need to hit that 17m mark before he even thinks about signing.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think Melo will go that low. They need to hit that 17m mark before he even thinks about signing.
thats why hes saying Melo needs to bluff the Knicks a bit - say he is prepared to sign with the Bulls for 15-16 starting salary and see if Phil would like to interact in a sign & trade to get some assets in return(Mirotic, Dunleavy, Randolph, & a 1st) and in turn get Melo paid a bit more (starting him around 20 mil)

Phil could always say "nah" but why would he prefer to see Melo walk for nothing? They really wouldnt take on Mirotic?

Regardless, I agree with you - the Bulls need to be prepared to make 18 mil in capspace at the drop of a dime right now to show Melo that they can offer that much. I am not sure they can do that right now, but they seem confident they can.

Daps
thats why hes saying Melo needs to bluff the Knicks a bit - say he is prepared to sign with the Bulls for 15-16 starting salary and see if Phil would like to interact in a sign & trade to get some assets in return(Mirotic, Dunleavy, Randolph, & a 1st) and in turn get Melo paid a bit more (starting him around 20 mil)
You're not gonna get Melo to do that, plus this is Phil we're talking about - he'll see right through that. That ploy will be a lost cause. There's no point in doing that anyway, they can offer him close to the figure he wants without giving up Taj.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You're not gonna get Melo to do that, plus this is Phil we're talking about - he'll see right through that. That ploy will be a lost cause. There's no point in doing that anyway, they can offer him close to the figure he wants without giving up Taj.
I just edited my post and spoke on this more but I see what youre saying and partly agree

but if it came down to it, Phil would be foolish not to entertain a sign/trade that would net the Knicks both Mirotic & a future 1st (with no additional cap past 2015)

and we cant offer Melo 18-20 without giving up Taj - someone tell me if Im off there?

amnestying Booz gives us roughly 9-10 - then our non guarantees could raise that number to around 16 I believe, like I said I could be off in the numbers

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
I just edited my post and spoke on this more but I see what youre saying and partly agree

but if it came down to it, Phil would be foolish not to entertain a sign/trade that would net the Knicks both Mirotic & a future 1st (with no additional cap past 2015)

and we cant offer Melo 18-20 without giving up Taj - someone tell me if Im off there?

amnestying Booz gives us roughly 9-10 - then our non guarantees could raise that number to around 16 I believe, like I said I could be off in the numbers

Nah the bolded is wrong those unguranteeds aren't worth that much

If the bulls amnesty boozer,trade snell and dunleavy jr they'll have 15.6 to offer melo as a free agent.If they can trade randolph 17.4,sign the letter of intent for mirotic18.5 is the most they can offer outright without giving up taj.They won't have the mid level exception if they do that and will have to fill the rest of the roster with vet min contracts.If melo says I'm going to the bulls for 18 mil a year then he can force phil to do a sign n trade.I highly doubt Melo is gonna do that cuz he's about his dough 1st.Bulls aren't in a position to sign dude unless he leaves a lot of dough on the table that's why they gotta hope he is sold on coming here calls phils bluff and forces a sign n trade.

cornercommission2k12

so this were u dudes went
Daps
Reppin
300 murders a year

Well before amnesty to boozer gave us 12 mill but because of the draft and anthony Randolph yea 9-10 mill with the boozer amnesty, then we would have to dump dunleavy and snell which is not impossible and then dump the non guarantees and anthony Randolph possibly with the non gurantees. That clears around 17-18 mill. The problem with that deal is I think we lose our exceptions and would only have vet min to fill out the roster.

IMO it feels like we going more that route because if not why keep McDermott and why does it look like there is no effort to move taj and why John paxson on a interview entertaining leaving mirotic over another year, something we would have to do to clear space, all those things seem aligned with just clearing the space.

Might be why they grabbed smith, jimmer, McDermott and Randolph because it provides us some kind of bench if we have to dump all those other guys. It's not the end of the world if we do so we can get Kirk back at vet min and could grab morrow Ben Gordon or maybe even Vince carter at vet min.