Family v. Your S/O

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
Relatives couldn't respect boundaries or the fact that I'm an adult so they got cut off. They still cut off.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.

Elaborate.....please.

Instead of confronting the underlying issues they were REALLY having and not the surface shyt they chose to send threats like high school bytches and talk tough over Facebook.

So fukk them.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Instead of confronting the underlying issues they were REALLY having and not the surface shyt they chose to send threats like high school bytches and talk tough over Facebook.

So fukk them.
I hate it when people you know turn to social media to discuss the issues they have with you...bytch, i'm a phone call away you stupid fukk.

Lavish

Its Lavish, hoe
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tdot.. till the death of me
It depends on the reason they don't like her

Im a fairly intelligent person, and my family is fairly reasonable. Chances are the same reasons they don't like her would be something i don't like as well.

If its a major issue, then chances are shed be gone before my family would have anything to say about it

resurrection

By Way of Deception, Thou Shalt Do War
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Dawg some of us cant turn to our family. If u have a good fam thats good for u but thats not everyone's situation. My pops gambled his retirement away. Hes gonna die broker than he was born, and everyone who didnt cosign his "dreams" got the :aicmon:

When I told my parents I was getting married they said to make a secret account so I could stash money away to give to them in case of an emergency. Family or not people who want to put their bad decisions ahead of your life are not there for you. I would give my parents a kidney or a lung but I dont trust them further than I can throw them.

Well yeah that's why I said "maybe yours is just wack" I know not everyone has that same experience

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Hypothetically speaking, say your family/ close friends didn't like your chick/man would you still stay with them or toss them in the bushes? Would you risk ur relationship with your family for something that can be long term?

I'm glad I didn't have to deal with that. when I met my old lady (she's my younger sister's age), I quickly found out that she was friends with a lot of people my sister is friends with from college.

also, my parents, my in-laws, and my sister's in laws (who are white) all get along and like to kick it together :blessed:

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
No one is above wrong, not even your family. I will not walk around blindly, believing the ills that afflict everyone else; my family is miraculously exempt.

Various individuals place their family on lofty pedestals. The closest ones to you, who's opinion is valued most, may be filled with misery and unresolved issues. How can they steer you in the right direction when they're blind to themselves.

Granted, their are legitimate cases where a family has every right to dislike your S/O. In most, there is no basis; simply negativity.

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
My husband and my family (he, my daughter and I) comes first because thats where my happiness stems from. Regardless if my family likes him or not. I'm only concerned about my happiness. They can definitely voice their concerns about anything but that's pretty much it.

:salute:

concise

Veteran
Daps
Nah b, we just like our family and you don't. It's ok.

Did I say I didn't like them? That's a lot of people and we're far from a monolith. :pachaha: All I said was I see them for who and what they are without the magical fairy-tale add-ons.

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
No one is above wrong, not even your family. I will not walk around blindly, believing the ills that afflict everyone else; my family is miraculously exempt.

Various individuals place their family on lofty pedestals. The closest ones to you, who's opinion is valued most, may be filled with misery and unresolved issues. How can they steer you in the right direction when they're blind to themselves.

Granted, their are legitimate cases where a family has every right to dislike your S/O. In most, there is no basis; simply negativity.

This is some true talk.

I'm getting married, and my family has been acting petty since we announced it (and she has too, believe it or not). It's not they don't like each other, they just don't mesh well yet. But grown women can be some of the most petty, grudge holding creatures in the damn galaxy :why:

I had to go off on some of my fam for their actions. They did NOT like me telling em :ufdup: but it had to be said.

Nobody is above the truth.

YEAHitsHER

aggressive
Daps
Reppin
NULL
here's the question. Do you value your family's/friend's opinion?
is your family known to be jealous about your relationships( there are some single mothers out there that will refuse to let go of their sons. so they will hate on any chick trying to get to close as if their son is actually THEIR MAN..)

Females already know its sometimes hard to trust a homegirl, because chicks will be shady jealous even if they aint the jealous type if they dont have a dude but you do or if their dude SUCKS but yours doesnt. misery loves company isnt just a saying. its real.

so with that said. as long as you know the people who dont approve of your S/O are not in the groups above. LISTEN TO THEM. they know you well. and they are of sober mind. you are drunk with love, lust, and infatuation. you cant see straight, get a 2nd opinion.
If I was in that situation, yes, I would value the only other opinion that matters and that is my mom. However, the type of dudes that I have dealt with, and the two I brought around my mom, she liked. If it ever came down to my mom not liking somebody, and it was a legit reason I would take her opinion into consideration. And like you said friends can have ulterior motives, so those I take with a grain of salt

concise

Veteran
Daps
Imagine how much better friends we can be to the people we're throwing to the bushes if we gave them even a quarter of the rope we give to others who just happen to share one set of great-grandparents with us. :ooh:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never get/understand this super, super love of family, some people you just happen to share some DNA with so you can't easily shake them off, often times can be as different from you as any stranger in the street, you can't breed with, often times can't live with since they can get in and under your skin like nobody else can, etc, etc.

:pachaha:

:rudy:

assuming you didn't grow up in a fukked up household, they are the ones that know you the best, have your back no matter what and the only ones you can truly rely on and who will be with you until the end.

when my grandfather died, the whole family gathered at the hospital and took turns staying by his side until he was gone. when you lay there, and can't do shyt by yourself and your tongue gets all swolen and blistered because you are breathing through your mouth, you need someone who will be there and nurse you and provide you with water, because the hospital staff has no time to do it. imagine he wouldn't have had family, nobody would have been there. do you want to die a lonely death? if not, you better appreciate your family.