Family v. Your S/O

YEAHitsHER

aggressive
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It happens in my family all the time. I've only introduced my mom to one of my girlfriends, once. And that's only cause the girl was on some sad shyt about not meeting my mom which she carried with her for months.

I'd rather not have the drama. My family, personally, are at the same time jovial and willing to accept anybody but quick to turn on you if you're new.

My brother's wedding was :ohlawd:

You can't just bring up ur bro's wedding and not elaborate:rudy:..lol

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Sounds like most of us know who we can turn to and will always be there for us even if the rest of the world isn't. That's nothing to take for granted. Maybe yours is just wack

Dawg some of us cant turn to our family. If u have a good fam thats good for u but thats not everyone's situation. My pops gambled his retirement away. Hes gonna die broker than he was born, and everyone who didnt cosign his "dreams" got the :aicmon:

When I told my parents I was getting married they said to make a secret account so I could stash money away to give to them in case of an emergency. Family or not people who want to put their bad decisions ahead of your life are not there for you. I would give my parents a kidney or a lung but I dont trust them further than I can throw them.

YEAHitsHER

aggressive
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My friend was just talking to me about this today. Her friend is in a relationship with this guy and he had introduced her to his parents and they had went out to eat. Waitress came to the table and asked if they wanted 4 drinks, his mom immediately said get us 3 drinks. Basically everybody got drinks except the girl :heh:

thats kinda cold tho

Why didnt they like her

-I think what it can boil down to is not saying negative thing about ur s/o to the fam, and still bring ur s/o around. For example my auntie doesn't like my cuZZO bf because he has cheated on her and she went and told her mom, but she is still with him. So he gets the side eye from the family. On top of that they sloppy with their drama (out in public arguing) Moral of the story, unless u plan on breaking up with that person keep y'all drama between u and ur s/o

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:manny: I choose S/O. Only family I care for are the ones I was raised with (my siblings and my mother, and I ain't sticking my neck out for other relatives) even then they're all wise enough to keep their feelings on whoever's love life to themselves.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Family comes first, bushes with the wench.

It could never be long term if she had a problem with my family, they are me and I am them :birdman:

Pretty much I ain't kobe Bryant

sent from royalty via tapatalk

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2 world's which shall never collide. My fam can't tell me nothing about a broad and a broad can't tell me nothing about my fam. It's part of being a man, you can't tell me nothing.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Managing family attitudes is one of the most difficult things about a marriage. They mean well but they can be selfish and inconsiderate of the fact that two families have come together as one. My mom expects her wishes to come before everything else, but I've had to explain to her plenty of times that she is only half of the picture. My wife's mom does the same.

My wife and my mom do this ego thing where they both try to see who can influence me more or who's back ill have first. I usually just tell them both to leave me the fukk alone, then they eventually get over it.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
I really dont care what my family thinks...
...I dont care if you're related to me or now...if your own life is in shambles why the fukk would I take advice from you?

Im a grown man...I dont need approval from anyone

AZBeauty

Stop lyin' nicca.
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, Il
My husband and my family (he, my daughter and I) comes first because thats where my happiness stems from. Regardless if my family likes him or not. I'm only concerned about my happiness. They can definitely voice their concerns about anything but that's pretty much it.

PUT IN WORK

The East
Daps
Reppin
The East
Dated a chick who was raised by a single mother and her pops left her at an early age. She had sisters she's never met before before.I'm super close with my immediate fam( sis, bro, ma, pops and even some cousins). We dated for a few months and the chick didn't believe i spend so much time with the fam.:manny: took the chick to a family cookout and she had the :to::dwillhuh::wtf::ohhh:. I can tell she was thinking " real families do exists". Chick wasn't too comfortable with me having a real family after that and started randomly hating on my sister and my sister in law.:heh: and I spend too much time with my brother and fam. She got the bushes and went back to dating fatherless broken home niccas.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Hypothetically speaking, say your family/ close friends didn't like your chick/man would you still stay with them or toss them in the bushes? Would you risk ur relationship with your family for something that can be long term?

bush-family-photo.jpg

I'm a family guy

If she's bad enough to where they, straight up, don't like her; she must be bad. My crazy fam' is...well, crazy. If they don't like someone, they gotta be crazy

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hypothetically speaking, say your family/ close friends didn't like your chick/man would you still stay with them or toss them in the bushes? Would you risk ur relationship with your family for something that can be long term?

here's the question. Do you value your family's/friend's opinion?
is your family known to be jealous about your relationships( there are some single mothers out there that will refuse to let go of their sons. so they will hate on any chick trying to get to close as if their son is actually THEIR MAN..)

Females already know its sometimes hard to trust a homegirl, because chicks will be shady jealous even if they aint the jealous type if they dont have a dude but you do or if their dude SUCKS but yours doesnt. misery loves company isnt just a saying. its real.

so with that said. as long as you know the people who dont approve of your S/O are not in the groups above. LISTEN TO THEM. they know you well. and they are of sober mind. you are drunk with love, lust, and infatuation. you cant see straight, get a 2nd opinion.