Family v. Your S/O

BrehWyatt

Let me work.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#TSC
I'll put it like this. The dude my mom is with now, got into crack. Stole from us, our folks, did her dirty and all of that. Eventually he got clean, and one day I asked my mom why she was still with him.

She told me something along the lines of he was the only person who loved her unconditionally, for better or worse, etc. and that all he ever wanted was to be with her anyway he could.

Good or bad, dedication/commitment like that is hard to come by.

That, along with the fact that from what I've seen, not too many people in my family know a good relationship... man, I care what they think, but if they see the chick I'm with and are like :camby:, and I LOVE this chick? It's not a deal breaker at all. I don't even talk to my folks on a regular basis as it is now. What my closest friends would think of her carries more weight than what my family thinks of her.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Family >>>>
but at this point my husband IS my "family" as well....i would hope that neither side would ever ask me to choose honestly... :manny:

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Im not taking a chick around the family unless its serious and at that point im not going for the cant get along shyt

BillCosbyAteMyHomework

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Orange and Blue
I love my family, I respect my family but I have to live for my own happiness at the end of the day. Fam can do you dirty like anybody else if the circumstances are right. I'll do whats right for me when its all said and done.

This. I've been done more dirty by family than friends or men. I love and respect them, but I'm also rational on how much stock I put into opinions from people who most of the time have their own agendas. Blood or not.

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
Hypothetically speaking, say your family/ close friends didn't like your chick/man would you still stay with them or toss them in the bushes? Would you risk ur relationship with your family for something that can be long term?

Kick her to the curb immediately. If my brothers and sister don't like her, she doesn't make the cut.

I have a friend now who is dating this chick that we all can't stand. She runs him and he's a completely different person. He's gonna lose some friends over it.

VICVALLIN

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kick her to the curb immediately. If my brothers and sister don't like her, she doesn't make the cut.

I have a friend now who is dating this chick that we all can't stand. She runs him and he's a completely different person. He's gonna lose some friends over it.
i can understand if they don't like your s/o because she treats you like shyt, but it sounds like you would dead a chick just because. what kind of grown ass man thinks like that? are you incapable of deciding what to do with your own relationships? no beef.

Daps
If my mom didn't like him, I'd stay. Now if my grandma didn't like him, to the bushes :camby:

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
I think it really depends on my family as to their sentiments. imo you don't choose your family, so unless you are blessed enough to have a really good family with great acumen and truly the best expectations at heart, you may not really be concern with what they have to say. Friends, truly good close friends , associates, acquaintances whichever you choose to call them might be a different circumstance.

Individuals on the outskirts of a relationship analyze things opposingly and they aren't "bitten by the love-bug" to automatically reflect the unfavorable things, that you don't take heed to. At times it can be difficult to hear these things that some of us vie as antagonistic and more often then not, when you do, you want to just suspect that the person is speaking from some place of envious and jealousy.....shyt, you want to overlook it and maybe even push the person it came from out of your social circle in favor of the companion.

While it is probable, it maybe originating from this basis you have to be cognizant of where things are coming from. are they the envious and shyt-starter type? if yes, then fine, disregard them. if they aren't normally the type of individual to pull that kinds of thing and if not why are you doubting them? Could be something wrong with your judgement....

think it boils down to source of opinions and what kind of people they are......

there's more to this but i dont want to make my post so long no one will read it.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
Depends which family members though. If my sis has a problem, her opinions don't mean much to me, bytch can kick rocks. If my pops or mom has an issue, I'll consider what they have to say.

Action Jackson

Can I live
Daps
i can understand if they don't like your s/o because she treats you like shyt, but it sounds like you would dead a chick just because. what kind of grown ass man thinks like that? are you incapable of deciding what to do with your own relationships? no beef.

:why: Obviously there would be a reason they wouldn't like her.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
i respect their opinion and will listen but if i think otherwise and they aint telling me shyt worthwhile i will choose my s/o
i will still do things with my family but if they dont like her thats fine but they damn sure will respect her as long as im with her

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can do without both to be honest, but I ain't dropping nobody to please somebody else. And why would someone who claimed to love you, try and make you choose?