Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I haven't played any fallout game yet, I'm not saying one is better than the other
Just saying common opinion/reviews of the game have it less then F3 for the reasons I posted. I forgot, but I remember now.
Said it played like shyt. Sometimes loading would take from 30sec to 2full minutes :huhldup:
That it felt more like an expansion than a fully new game/etc.

Now I heard your comment about if you played 1/2 you could skip 3 and go right to Vegas
You do you suggest for me since I'm new to the series? Is F3 that bad of a game to you that even a newcomer like myself should pass?

I dunno if you are new to Bethesda RPGs, but they are very lifeless and lacking in immersive qualities you might want in an rpg. If you hated morrowind and oblivion, which I did, you will hate fallout 3.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Yes it did bruh, how you gonna tell me what I read :stopitslime:
And like others have told you, its known as being less than F3
KNOWN
Now if you didn't know that, that doesn't make it less true.
Look up any review, you should of done that by now since this is news to you
I do this shyt everyday. Some ppl go to CNN, I go to IGN :manny:
(I don't really go to IGN anymore, but you get the point)

Here's the reviews from the most popular gaming review sites on the net today

Or

Or

Is that not mainstream enough?
Only people who played the old fallout games matter. Forget the bugs, who cares if it locks up your 360 so bad that you have to unplug it...:to:

JohnnyGold

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because fallout 3 is plagued with monotonous gameplay, shytty dialogue, and a third act that's something of a joke.

new vegas plays like the old fallout games more than fallout 3. it's less linear, better written, and has MUCH more enjoyable combat. if you've played fallout 1 and 2, you're better off skipping fallout 3 and playing new vegas instead.

ive platinumed both fallout 3 and fallout new vegas, and i can assure you, youre wrong. :ufdup:

fallout new vegas is in no way less linear: it has "4 different endings" that are all exactly the same, and completing each one only results in a different slide show at the end, and when you get to that point, you cant even load your old game to free roam the world. there is no "point of no return" in fallout 3.

fallout 3 was WAY more imaginative--alien dlc, a crashed space ship in the midlde of the wasteland, tranquility lane, just the whole concept of megaton, and what you can do with it.

new vegas was like: someone shot you, find them. go to point a, b, c, d, youve found them, go to point e, f, g, win game.

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ive platinumed both fallout 3 and fallout new vegas, and i can assure you, youre wrong. :ufdup:

fallout new vegas is in no way less linear: it has "4 different endings" that are all exactly the same, and completing each one only results in a different slide show at the end, and when you get to that point, you cant even load your old game to free roam the world. there is no "point of no return" in fallout 3.

fallout 3 was WAY more imaginative--alien dlc, a crashed space ship in the midlde of the wasteland, tranquility lane, just the whole concept of megaton, and what you can do with it.

new vegas was like: someone shot you, find them. go to point a, b, c, d, youve found them, go to point e, f, g, win game.

:why: old world blues dlc alone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any dlc for fallout 3

JohnnyGold

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I just looked and this game is only $5, but I don't see it under the ulitmate game sales tab
Is that just the everyday price now :leon:

Can someone confirm this or not so I don't impulse buy, cuz you nikkaz got me ready to download it and play only this til the 720 comes out. Why am I seriously thinking about playing this now more than any future game :heh:
I know of and knew of Fallout for years.. can't understand why I haven't taken the plunge
Can somebody tell me what the game is like? I haven't played Borderlands so try again...

To get a lot out of it, you have to put a lot into it, so that's the only warning I would give.

For instance: you kind of have to decide near the beginning if you want to be a melee fighter, a thief, an energy gun user, a rifle man, etc.

and then then theres a 1 hour intro thats fun, but drags a bit.

then you get into the wasteland, and youre free to roam wherever you like: some people like that freedom, others dont. But know this: you have to work to find the excitement. You might just walk in one direction on the map for 20 minutes, see some random guy in a random town, talk to him, and it opens up a 5 hour side quest. or, conversely, it doesnt open up a 5 hour sidequest. But you have to talk to EVERYONE in town to see whos giving the mission. and after 20-30 things like this, you start to realize: all these characters look the same, sound the same, and are giving me the same fetch quests.

i think the game is slightly over-rated, to be honest. very very slightly over rated, but over rated none the less.

You mentioned you hadn't played borderlands? That, in my opinion, is the best game this generation. Pure fun. Fallout is big, and theres a lot to do, but borderlands is just fun.

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
I dunno if you are new to Bethesda RPGs, but they are very lifeless and lacking in immersive qualities you might want in an rpg. If you hated morrowind and oblivion, which I did, you will hate fallout 3.

U mad that Bethesda is running the RPG game bro?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
U mad that Bethesda is running the RPG game bro?

i don't believe they are. red dead revolver was more of an rpg than anything bethesda has made. bethesda's games lack personality. they're great for exploring landscapes, if that's your thing, but npc interaction is dreadfully boring, and the quests amount to little more than fetching something from point a and bringing it to point b.

witcher 2 is another example of an rpg that's far superior to anything bethesda has made.

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
i don't believe they are. red dead revolver was more of an rpg than anything bethesda has made. bethesda's games lack personality. they're great for exploring landscapes, if that's your thing, but npc interaction is dreadfully boring, and the quests amount to little more than fetching something from point a and bringing it to point b.

witcher 2 is another example of an rpg that's far superior to anything bethesda has made.

:troll:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
a lot of people like NV more. but to get that level of enjoyment like fallout 3, you literally had to play the exact same story 2 or 3 times. which means instead of one long journey it was several short ones. thats what i really hated about NV. im not with seeing the same shyt over and over just to see different dialogue options

in 3 everything is open and free from near the beginning. no repeats

froggle

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you guys got me curious. It;s only $4.99 used, so i think i may pick it up. Is the GOTY worth it ?

PremierDaTruth

Oh well.
Daps
you must have just start playing these games. :snoop: talk to me when you're familiar with the rpg genre as a whole. i've played almost every one of them, from baldurs gate to planescape torment. i know what i'm talking about.

Planescape?!?!?!

:troll: