Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas

krexzen

All Star
Daps
Played this during my last semester at college on the pc. My first Fallout game and I had no idea what I was getting into. I downloaded the iso from Megaupload links and I liked it so much I ended up buying the PC GOTY edition. Being from the DMV made this game even more special.

The feeling when traveling into a recently discovered vault or eerie area is :ohlawd:

Easily the longest and most complex single player game I've ever played.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what: @ the Fallout 3 love. new vegas is superior in every respect: better story. more freedom. tighter combat. not as repetitive.

Fallout 3 is mediocre by comparison.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
:what: @ the Fallout 3 love. new vegas is superior in every respect: better story. more freedom. tighter combat. not as repetitive.

Fallout 3 is mediocre by comparison.
Stop, New Vegas was good but it's downfall was that it took away alot off the exploration and open worldness of 3. The game doesn't really ramp up until you hit the Strip. NV has better RPG elements in it but just like every other Obsedian game it gets buggy or broken the deeper you go.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Best gaming experience this gen it literally sucked me in. I played one time for like 28 straight hours, only taking sandwich/ bathroom breaks.

courtdog

Drinks Blood from a Boot
Daps
Reppin
I live in the United States
So I just looked and this game is only $5, but I don't see it under the ulitmate game sales tab
Is that just the everyday price now :leon:

Can someone confirm this or not so I don't impulse buy, cuz you nikkaz got me ready to download it and play only this til the 720 comes out. Why am I seriously thinking about playing this now more than any future game :heh:
I know of and knew of Fallout for years.. can't understand why I haven't taken the plunge
Can somebody tell me what the game is like? I haven't played Borderlands so try again...

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
Coming out of vault 101 for the first time to find your dad >>>> Being a courier in some convoluted conspiracy

Maybe I'm more nostalgic because it was the first fallout game I played, but I still can't see how anyone likes the NV package more than FO3's.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Coming out of vault 101 for the first time to find your dad >>>> Being a courier in some convoluted conspiracy

Maybe I'm more nostalgic because it was the first fallout game I played, but I still can't see how anyone likes the NV package more than FO3's.

because fallout 3 is plagued with monotonous gameplay, shytty dialogue, and a third act that's something of a joke.

new vegas plays like the old fallout games more than fallout 3. it's less linear, better written, and has MUCH more enjoyable combat. if you've played fallout 1 and 2, you're better off skipping fallout 3 and playing new vegas instead.